Champlain College Employee Reviews

It was a nice place to work
Reformatting the current volunteer program (Former Employee), Burlington, VTApril 13, 2015
Pros: I was encouraged to take on many new tasks
Cons: It ended to soon
I was meeting new organizations and making connections through my internship. A typical day involved arranging meetings and scheduling appointments. I learned how to keep track of my appointments and learned time management.

The management was amazing. I loved working there the supervisor that I had was really great. She worked to make the job enjoyable and I was given freedom to work on my own projects and she checked in at the agreed upon intervals.

I worked on my own most of the time both in the office and out. I was the only representative for Champlain College at my meetings.

The hardest part of the job was finding a mutual time that worked for the community partners and myself.

I really liked getting out in the community and interacting with the different non profits in the Burlington area.
4-Year Private Institution with Great Co-Workers
Assistant Director in Student Life Division (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJune 19, 2014
Champlain College is a decent employer, but suffers from poor management at the top levels. The school is too student friendly and hand-holding; employees feel as though they are working for a high school or middle school at times as opposed to an institution of higher education.
Easy work study where you have plenty of time to get work done.
Risk Analysis Intern (Current Employee), Burlington, VTMay 20, 2014
I enjoyed working at Champlain College as part of the federal work study program. It was an easy job where I helped keep the fitness center clean as well as check equipment in and out.
A good learning environement
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJanuary 19, 2014
Working as an office assistant for Champlain College allowed me to gain more understanding of familiarize myself with programs such as Microsoft Excel and Datatel.

On one hand, it was great to know how much I was doing to help the office run smoothly and efficiently, but on the other hand, it was frustrating to know how much more work I was doing than my supervisors.
Great!
Phonathon Supervisor (Current Employee), Burlington, VTDecember 19, 2013
Connected with college relations and mediate calls in order to continue to build positive relationships with the college alumni, parents, and friends.
Taught Advance Programming in the Unix Environment in "C"
Computer Science Professor (Former Employee), Burlington, VermontAugust 2, 2013
Pros: the students.
Cons: the dean...
Teaching is a very rewarding activity, I would prepare for the class and teaching this three days a week. I learned that I really like teaching. Management was comprised of the Dean who had very predetermined ideas about how to test which involved a lot of memorization and no network access which I found incorrect. I had little contact with other professors besides the Dean. The hardest part of the job was working within the Dean's philosophy of education. The most enjoyable part of this job was teaching the students.
A great employer
Peer Advisor (Current Employee), Burlington, VTJuly 12, 2013
Pros: close to campus, flexible schedule
Cons: missed lunch due to conflict in class schedule/work schedule
I am now working my second job at Champlain College. During my freshman year, I worked at the satellite campus assisting in renovating the school's website. This upcoming year I will be a Student Peer Advisor who assists freshman students during their transition into college.
Great organization
Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJuly 11, 2013
Outstanding school/organization, committed to the growth of its students and employees. Very supportive and comfortable.
The greatest place I've ever worked.
Office Assistant for the Office of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJune 11, 2013
Everyone working at Champlain had a great attitude and sense of humor.
Excellent environment to learn, and a place of mutual respect
Lab Monitor (Current Employee), Burlington VermontMay 1, 2013
Pros: i am allowed to leave earlier if i have school work
Cons: i miss dinner at the cafe, it's only during the school year.
I check all the sound labs. I monitor the equipment. I help troubleshoot issues for students with issues using equipment or software. The hardest part of the job is making sure that students or equipment is out before I am because my shift ends before many of them finish. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction after successfully solving a problem, or finishing a recording session.
great to work where you live and learn
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, VTMarch 20, 2013
experience in management, customer service, recruitment, hiring, and disciplinary review.
awesome place to work
Lead Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Burlington, VTDecember 6, 2012
I loved working here as a student ambassador. The admissions team is great to work with and the atmosphere is awesome.
Work Study
Digital Forensics Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJuly 6, 2012
This was a great work study that helped me gain some experience and learn new things.
Great School and Atmosphere
Study Abroad Recruiter (Former Employee), Burlington, VTMarch 19, 2012
Champlain was a very diverse place to work while attending school there, but at times it felt very unorganized and political. I still learned a lot from the leaders around me and became a much more well rounded worker because of it.