Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Waste of time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYApril 27, 2017
Worked here for some years had some good and a lot of bad there's no growth in this company if the manager don't want to promote you it's up to how they feel not your work effort they have no hours all year around accept for summer so expect to be broke for a while they pay as a sale associate is either commission or hourly pay not both if you a cashier you have to sale cleaners for days so if you not a good sales person don't waste your time overall the manager attitude stinks they bring they outside problem to work
Pros
Cons
No hours
great place to work
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 26, 2017
Champs is an wonderful place to work. The management is great as well. I'm very proud to say I work there. I love all the customers and my co workers are wonderful.
if you like shoes you cant beat it
Floor Salesman (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 25, 2017
didnt work there long,
nice manager, fun coworkers, discounts on stuff and its in the mall so theres plenty of places to eat on break etc... cool uniforms haha, there we go, i hit 150 characters.
Pros
shoes
Cons
pay
Sales manager
General Manager/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNApril 23, 2017
Wonderful company to work for. Got to travel and experience new cities and states. Great people to work with and good pay too. Hated that downsize occurred and stores were closed.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Long retail hours
Fun co workers, good environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORApril 21, 2017
It was a good first job, after 3 months I just figured out I don't want to do retail anymore. The people there are awesome, my management was great. My manager was always flexible in things I asked for.
Cons
Minimal break time
fun work place
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORApril 20, 2017
As Champs is apart of the Foot Locker brand it is nice to be apart of one of the biggest sports retailers. Pay beats other athletic retailers and they allow more labor then competitors which allows you as a manager to give the hours needed to keep employees.
Pros
product, work environment
Cons
poor communication with HQ
Great company
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
Great company to start your retail career off with. Teaches you to manager a small group of people. To train AnD help develop them. Competitive pay and great growth opportunity
Productive and Fun workplace
PART-TIME SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 19, 2017
A typical day at work consists of engaging, reaching sales goals, maintain a clean store. I have learned great communication skills and how to work in a fast pace. Management is great, I love my boss. Workplace is sometimes fast and certain days its slower but very fun. The hardest part about the job is reaching certain sales goals. I enjoy my coworkers and customers that return to see me personally.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No benefits
better than footlockr
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXApril 18, 2017
i worked there when i was in high school, but i liked it , it was okay working there , they worked with my schedule , the empolyees were fun , but its a good job .
Laid back and a great place to work if you like sports
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 18, 2017
Handled cash wrap duties and customer services. The workplace is very sports affiliated. If you enjoy sports or playing sports its a great environment to be around.
Fast paced fun exciting environment to be in.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CitApril 17, 2017
I love working at Champs they help you with self confidence and help you with people skills as well as make you a great salesperson. I've been with the company for three years and I've grown little by little. I appreciate the guidance and structure it's built for me.
Fun place to work, but not much else.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33156April 17, 2017
Its a fun job if your'e young and love working with sneakers. The hours always vary and moving up past a store manager is pretty difficult. It's a good place to make friends though.
Alright has its up and downs but good all around
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAApril 12, 2017
helps with communication skills management is good. The hardest part of the job is appling yourself. work place culture is good for the most part some people are okay while others would like to slack
Great Job & Good Work Place .
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 10, 2017
Great Work Environment , Good Work Place & Good People To Be Around , I Love The Company , Very Positive & Hard Working , Good Costumer Service & Good People All In All .
Champs Sports
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOApril 10, 2017
Fun and productive work environment that builds the foundation for quality customer service and management skills.
Various duties included the following:
• Provide positive and personable customer service
• Maintain appealing store apparel
• Develop creative sales techniques to push products
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJApril 9, 2017
During the mornings it pretty slow but it picks up during the afternoon. It is very fun and productive. It's great to see new items when they arrive. The hardest part is reaching sales sometimes when the day is slow
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Short hours sometimes
more money- than people-oriented
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 9, 2017
was not happy with high job task/hour demand for low pay. felt like money mattered more than employees and customers.I did enjoy being able to talk sports with coworkers and customers.
Pros
surrounded by sports, discounts on merchandise
Cons
low pay for high ours and task demand, money-oriented
Fun Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2017
Champs Sports is a fun place to work. It provides a very competitive work environment and can be fun depending on the management running the store that you're in.
Loved it
Assistant Manager, Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2017
Lots of work to do, keeps you pretty busy. Fast pace, doing everything as far as cashier, watching the store, making sells. Work place culture was great.
Pros
Coworkers, plenty of customers.
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 5, 2017
Started my customer service adventure here and it helped me in a lot of ways. There were a lot of times that I was over worked and with having kids it was hard to balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.