Champs Sports Employee Reviews

This job was really hard to get through.
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaAugust 26, 2015
The management at this certain branch was a joke. They were so unprofessionally, cursing on the job, arguing with guest was almost like a right of passage for them. It was countless time I had to physically pull a manager away from a customer in a heated argument. To be honest, the only reason I stayed as long as I did was because of the discount on the merchandise. It was never a happy medium in that store, either it was dead all day, meaning no guest or it was wall to wall packed.
Good place to get experience
Manager (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Multiple Locations. Advance quickly to a point.
Cons: Mall setting.
Overall good company to work for. Driven by numbers and sales results, but bonus structure leaves much to be desired when you surpass those expectations. Daily tasks are very repetitive and will be the same from week to week. Once at store management level, opportunity for advancement reduces dramatically.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 21, 2015
Working at Champs was nice, though there were sometimes a lot going on we almost always met our goal and the people were good to work with.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plantation, FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: employees appreciation
Cons: none
Is a great place to work, they have a lot of things to gain from this employer. The hardest thing about this job is commission, being able to persuade the customer to purchase additional accessories.
Its a live up beat work enviorment
Sales (Current Employee), Glendale CaAugust 18, 2015
its long hours and the pay sucks!
sales associate
Glendale Galleria
10/14- current
They work you for long hours and dont pay you enough money
Successful Company
Space Planning Manager/ Market Max Corporate Admin (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 13, 2015
Consistently successful company.
Continues to work to achieve better results year after year.
Good company for letting you develop and grow personally and professionally.
Champs Sports
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Helping people create something out of nothing was a pleasure, For every shoe there was numerous outfit combinations
Cons: Climbing ladders for mutliple shoes
On a typical day, I tackled my tasks immediately. Any left over clothes from the previous night was put away before customers arrive. When a customer was to arrive, I would stop my tidying of the store to assess the customer and aid them. Frequently I was on the register or on the phone inquiring orders with other champs locations. What I learned the most was the power and importance of multitasking. I had to work with numerous customers at a time and make sure they all had equal attention. My most enjoyable part of work was helping difficult customers finally find a shoe or outfit they liked.
Great teamwork and environment
❸ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work. All about team work and beating last years numbers with contests and rewards. It does take a while for a career advancement and some lack of communication.Environment is friendly and go getting.
Great working enviroment, helpful co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), orlando, floridaAugust 7, 2015
Pros: fair breaks
Cons: the manager had lack of people skills
The working environment was well organized, the co workers were helpful as well. Willing to help you get the hang of things when you are new.
Each Store is different
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 3, 2015
Work is repetitive, and massive (depending on the size of the store). It will all depends on what kind of store your in and the people around you. It can be a laid back environment or its can be a bad day.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee), Merritt Island, FLJuly 30, 2015
very stressful job this is my current job the pay isn't too good and plus we have commission which is really hard too get when customers don't come into the store that often
It was fun to work there
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Florence, KYJuly 28, 2015
Handle customers as they walk in and try to get them to make a purchase. Check shoe sizes as well as apparel and make sure all customers on the sales floor are being helped.
fun family environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), cary, ncJuly 24, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: discount policy, employees feel unimportant
Honestly your experience can depend on which store you work at, managers are either really cool or think they are sculpted from gold. The pay is really low, and the benefits are not worth the many hours you have to put in to make money to start off. Policies have changed significantly over the years so if you are looking for discounts this is not the company!
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 22, 2015
The Hardest Part Of My Job Working At Champs Sports Was Finding The Size Of A Shoe Because There Are Different Codes On The Shoes
Depends
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houma, LAJuly 22, 2015
Selling shoes in the type of environment I was in was kind of hard. Some days you would have those days where the store is extremely busy for examples around school time and holidays and other days the store is slow and hours are cut.
No work/life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), San Jose CAJuly 21, 2015
No growth, no work life balance, management butted heads a lot. Lack of communications with district manager and store manager.
Productive and a fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2015
Working at Chaps Sports gives the opportunity to experience different people reactions. Being prepared what to expect in the long run, and to not be intimated by someone if they react in an uninformed manner. Besides that the team that worked with me were very outgoing. They know the pros and cons of communication and costumer service. They were more than nice to teach them to me.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2015
Pros: good teaching tips
Cons: low pay
fun job to start learn sales tips cashier use teamwork effort learned customer service always met quotas some customer very rude disrespectful
Wasn't full time.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 14, 2015
Champs was my favorite job hands down! The people I worked with were like family. But once again my district manager did not believe in me and wouldn't give me a chance for full time. I would have stayed and possibly still been there if I had got my shot.
Productive & fun work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
Pros: discount on sneakers
Cons: not much of cons
My favorite part was working at the cash register , & interacting with new people everyday. i learned so many things about people countries that i never knew