Champs Sports Employee Reviews

fast pace, fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 25, 2017
This was my first job and I loved it. You're always on the move, there's always something to do and the staff always helps out when you're stuck. You have to learn things quickly but its worth it!!
Fun place relevant to the times
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 23, 2017
It was a pretty fun place to work at. On top of the music playlist being up to date and me being enthusiastic about shoes, this place incentivizes sales. It's a retail job and prioritizes sales majorly. Getting paid minimum wage is a joke and no raise over any time period is laughable. It's what's holding back this company from being respected by the majority of the workforce.
Pros
Discounts on shoes
Cons
Pay, 35 minute breaks, low commission rate.
Great place to work...
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 22, 2017
Champs is a TEAM oriented store, based off of commission , alot of hands on customer service! Everyone is friendly and eager to help one another!!
Great products for your money!!
Pros
Paid vacations and employee discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Great company to work for
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2017
Currently enrolled in the final semester for the Associates of Arts degree program at Tarrant County Community college with an expected graduation date of December, 2017. Upon completion of the associates of arts, I will be transferring to the University of Texas at Arlington enrolling in the Bachelors of Science program, specific to engineering.
The Champs Sports Experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, MAJune 20, 2017
Champs Sports is a great company to work for. The environment is fun and exciting. I have personally learned a lot from all managers in my district and can see myself moving forward in this company.
Pros
Enjoyable workplace and great culture
Cons
Short breaks
Great work place!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 19, 2017
This is a great job for those who want to work part/fulltime while in school or looking to advance within the company as a career. Great work environment!
A great company it's just the pay isn't great.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 19, 2017
As a sales associate at Champs sports the main focus is to sell merchandise. I was held to a specific standard that I had to meet every day as a salesman. Folded and hung up pants and shirts in a specific way to put on display for customers. Team work was essential to makes sure we maximized sales and also for closing duties to be sure the store was clean and ready for the next business day.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Terrible pay
Ok
Sales Assiocite (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 19, 2017
Good place to work but not enough money. Ppl feet wouldstink and most times they would come in without any sicks. The discount was great though. Holidays were the worse.
Excellent Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLJune 19, 2017
Working at Champs was a great opportunity and learning experience for me. I learned a lot of widely applicable skills that will help me strive in any future job I will have. Working in a fast paced environment helped me learn how to be better at multitasking while still sufficiently being great at what I do.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 18, 2017
i loved working for the company. I always had super cool and chill management. Sometimes it could get stressful and the customers could be difficult but overall was a good place to work.
Love
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 18, 2017
Best place i've ever worked, staff was considered family. All great people to be around. Will always recommend any one to work there. Environment was the best.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 18, 2017
not many people truly enjoy retail but this company tries to make it enjoyable. just do your job and you'll love it here. sometimes you work late nights folding clothes, but the nights don't feel too long because its a good environment.
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2017
At champs it's very high energy, and one on one customer sservice, we make each customer receive care no matter the age, we are always busy in making sure the shelves are stocked and store is clean
descent job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 16, 2017
this is a great job for beginners. benefits and pay are ok if you are in high school or beginning years of college. one of those jobs where you have to work there to see for yourself.
Pros
flexible
Cons
unorganized
Boring and not enough hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 16, 2017
I did not have enough hours and the manager didn't wouldn't give me any hours or any training. She didn't take out the time to properly train. Also, they would only let the managers work and not give anyone else a chance.
Fun
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 16, 2017
Walk in start work with ship ment count and unload from ups driver then break down ship ment and take shoes to right spot on shelf then clean up stock room
Pros
Discount
Cons
No work
Great environment, diversity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJune 15, 2017
I liked working at champs, it was my side job learned a lot on how to give good customer service making sure their needs are always met. Workers called out a lot
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Employees multiple call outs
fun cool
Co-Partner and Fashion Designer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 14, 2017
pretty chill days through out the week we get a nice amount of customer that come in really hate the customer that return and the rude customer but we always put the people first
great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2017
i loved working at champs, my coworkers were amazing people. the best part would definitely be the fact the we got to put in for the sneakers we wanted and the discounts we would receive. the worst part would be all the people that would come in asking to try on multiple shoes and wouldn't have any intention on buying any of them.
Pros
lunch break, sneaker discounts, first pick.
Cons
people who go in without any intention on buying anything.
Always able to find something to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 14, 2017
Very easy job, but associate must be good at selling and sales in general. Management is very good and coworkers are helpful. Hardest part about job is standing on your feet all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.