Champs Sports Employee Reviews in United States

selling shoes
Sales Associate / Stock (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 23, 2016
working at champs sports was good they had a lot of people there at times then its sometimes no one then you got the kids that try to steal.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
keep fixing things after people mess it up
Productive and fun work place great customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 22, 2016
A day at champs may consist of selling shoes, clothes, socks, insoles, book bags, or cleaners. There is a lot that goes on when it comes to helping customers. You can learn many things working at champs, it has helped many people develop better people skills, you learn how to deal with different cultures of people and adapt to fast pace situations. management is pretty laid back as long as everyone is doing their job. They handle situations very well and when problems need to be discussed meetings are set up on Sunday mornings to discuss these things. I would say the most enjoyable part of being a Champs employee is meeting new people day in and day out and building relationships with the customers that keep them coming back week after week.
Pros
30% Discount, Interaction with customers
Cons
Long hours with little pay, standing all day
Champs Sports
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYAugust 17, 2016
A very fun environment in doing a job that you love. Customer service is a big key in retail. A very relaxed job to work for , at times it may be an overload but nothing one human can't handle .
Great place to grow as a sales person
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  WacoAugust 15, 2016
This is not a play job. You will learn a lot about customer service and sales here. If you are serious about selling and want a job that you can get your feet wet in, this is the perfect job. I unlocked a lot of my potential here.
Pros
Networking, shoes discounts, great work emvironment
Cons
Slow days
A typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 13, 2016
Assists the store manager in all aspects of store operation including selling
 Employee management
 Customer relations, stock, visual merchandising, asset protection and training
 In the absence of the store manager, the assistant assumes all managerial duties
 Provide excellent customer service
Pros
benefits, interactions with people
Cons
lack of communication from management staff
prodcutive place for someone who loves shoes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAAugust 12, 2016
Working a champs was amazing the environment was something i expected due to my amazing managers who made sure the store was professional but also fun. Selling shoes was something i had a string passion for and i made sure i was one of the top sellers at my store.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
no enough hours
Great people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 9, 2016
Champs is a great environment to work at. The team and management are truly amazing people. I do not regret working there.
Pros
Half off discounts
Cons
A very productive work space with an ever changing environment
Sales Associate, Inventory, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 9, 2016
Typical day at work may be tedious
Learned great customer service skills
Great work environment with coworkers
The most enjoyable part of the job was the close interaction with the customer
It's ehh
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Taunton, MAAugust 9, 2016
Honestly doing these reviews is the most bothersome thing I've ever done. Any job you have can be an excellent jib depending on what youre aspiring to do. I do not want to work at champs my whole life. Therefore, it's okay. My review isn't going to be as extensive as it should be. Champs is just like any other apparel store, except they tell you you'll be paid in commission but it really has no direct effect on your check whatsoever unless you're an assistant manager.
ok
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJuly 25, 2016
I dont really know what champs is like i only worked there for like 3 weeks before i had to seek employment else where, the manager would schedule me for work but send me home early, or call me and tell me not to come in because things were slow, couldn't really take care of my family off of 8 hours a week at minimum wage, not to mention the fact that i never got paid because the manager put my social in worng
Productive & Fun
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 19, 2016
Usually after a month of working here you'll see what will be the slowest and busiest days of sales. For the most part the staff is like one big family and a competitive environment as well, but then again....who doesn't like a challenge!
productive and self driven environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work consist making customer feel as welcome as possible while maintaining a competitive sales environment. My job has taught me many things: such as how a large volume store is maintained, how to manage people, and that organization is key while running a business. My management team has been very instrumental in developing me into what I am today. My co-workers have been great. it was a wonderful experience helping train most of them while learning from them. The hardest part of my job is not having a platform or time table for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying customers, and competition among co-workers.
Pros
personable uppermanagement
Cons
healthcare
Energetic, sporty, brand name values
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 12, 2016
Fast paced think on your feet environment with constant customer interaction. Opportunities for growth within company. Hot new products weekly.
Pros
Discount, great benefits, good relocation program
Cons
Work holidays, weekends, and late hours
Busy, multitasking, building relationships with co-workers/customers, fun and great experience
Sales/Stock/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 11, 2016
Typical day consist of assisting customers, stocking shoes, keeping the work/stock clean, clothes kept folded and shoes always straight

I've learned how to communicate with my co-workers and customers, make sales and organize clothes/shoes

Great Management

Great Co Workers

Hardest part was multitasking, assisting more than one customer at a time when we were under staffed

Most enjoyable part was building trust and bonds with co-workers, meeting new customers everyday and learning how to run a store
Cool Place to work
Manager Trainee Program (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2016
I have been with the Foot Inc company for over 3 years and every day is Great.

Inventory is the key to having a great store and a team eager to learn and perform well for the management team.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Pay is low
A fun enviorment, enjoyed working with my co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2016
Typical day would be setting up all shoes on the floor, restocking shoes, insoles, and clothing. I was also sometimes a cashier as well so at the end of the day I would count the registers, making sure everything matched up with receipts. Then my co-workers and I would clean the store; picking up and folding the clothes, fixing the shoes on the wall, sweep, and mop.
Excellent introduction to Management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2016
• Report to store manager directly, wile leading the store staff.
• Provide an high level of customer service.
• Actively coach and develop staff to excel all corporate goals.
• Responsible for all aspects of management. Hiring, visual merchandising, and overall operations.
Well kept workplace enjoyable.
Sales Assosicate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2016
I did enjoy my time spent at Champs because my managers there taught me many new things when it came down to learning the art of selling. I sold shoes for a living so that was always going to be an important part of my time there, I do recommend the job, I liked it very much.
safe and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 1, 2016
Working for champs sports has taught me how to engage into conversations with customers, helping them find what they are seeking for. It has provided me with the skills to basically sell anything. Somedays it can be difficult but I learned how to cope with everything.
Pros
Becoming a better saleman
Cons
fareness
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJuly 1, 2016
learned an easier way of telling which shoes to grab for the customers instead of carrying the shoe all the way to the back.
Competitive co workers but made it fun at the same time.
Management was nice and easy to get along with
Pros
30% discount flexible hours.