Champs Sports Employee Review

View all Champs Sports reviews

Productive and fun. Everyday is something different. You never know what to expect.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 31, 2013
Everyday my goal is to have my customers leave completely satisfied with their purchase. As a manager I enjoy having the ability to spread the knowledge that I have learned as a sales associates to my part-timers and full-timers, assisting them in making themselves complete sellers. Sometimes if it's necessary I join them on the sales floor to provide them a little competition to let them know that I too can sell. My store has built everything on communication. This aspect of our work environment is what truly helps us in making our team so efficient. Teamwork makes the dream work in Sawgrass and it all comes down to or communication skills. Prior to starting the day I make sure that everything is done logistically prior to opening our gates. From forecasting to test checks, even to making sure there are no gaps in the schedule.
Pros
Freedom to wear whatever shoes you want and seeing something different happen every day
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes we are worked like robots. No set schedules.

Other Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Production
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 16, 2018
Champs is a good place to work for a second job.I wouldn’t recommend for a main job the pay is based on commission so if you don’t get any hours you don’t get paid.
Pros
At the mall
Cons
Short break
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day at work is usually fun and competitive. I learned great social skills. The crucial part of this job is to sell not only shoes but up-selling other merchandise is key to gaining more commission. The most enjoyable part about this particular job is if you have the right staff, is that it can feel very family oriented.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Poor Management