Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Very productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 22, 2016
While working at champs I've learned how to work a steady pace.
The co-workers are very friendly.
The hardest part of the job were the weekends.
The most enjoyable part of the job was closing the store.
Hard working staff
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 22, 2016
Champs was the longest job I've had. I liked working there with my coworkers. I got to be around a big mixture of customers and on occasions some celebrities. I really miss working there and I would've continued if I didn't move
Pros
Discount shoes
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VirginaSeptember 21, 2016
Working at Champs it was family orientated and everyone was a team player there. Everyone could voice their opinion without being bashed and it was an overall welcoming environment.
Productive with an amazing vibe given from great coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of us having to sell a certain amount of money in a day so that we can please the Managers and make everyone happy while making our store look good. The best part of the job when you help little kids find a shoe that they like and introduce them into a new style of footwear.
Pros
Discounts on cloths and shoes
Cons
they don't let you work much and they pay isn't really that well
productive and a super fun workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNSeptember 21, 2016
working at champs was super awesome and i was around great people and a very fun environment. i loved working in retail because it help me learn how to communicate with others.
Fun and competitive work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 21, 2016
I loved working there, my coworkers and managers were very nice. I enjoyed coming to work everyday and working with my team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with foreign customers.
Very productive and interactive place to work. Always fast pace working and tending to customers for their needs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 21, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for this company while i was there. It showed me a lot about how to affectively interact with a customer, like how to make them feel comfortable and explain to them what you think would work best for them.
Pros
Discount on shoes, meeting new people
Cons
Lack of pay and hours
cool for students
Cashier, I (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 20, 2016
Cool for discounts first job advancement. Great management very male dominated. Great for kids shoe discounts and shoe awarness. I learned a lot about shoe brands.
Inefficient
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 19, 2016
Company is inefficient and mismanage as a whole. Profits could be increased by 15% if managers at all levels communicated better and were more efficient.
An entry level sales job providing customers what they need in fitness training and fashion.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93710September 17, 2016
A place where a young student can begin and learn good customer service skills. It's really flexible when you're going to school full time and it can be a really fast or slow paced environment depending on the day and/or season.
Pros
Gain customer service skills
Cons
Pay is not good
Great Job for HS students or New College Students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 15, 2016
Super fun environment to work at, I would definitely recommend this job to anyone. You get to meet a lot of the upper management when audit time rolls around. Stayed a few nights late, but it was still a great time none the less.
Pros
Environment, Management
workplace
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2016
This place kept me learning how to interact with new people on a daily basis. While working and learning how to control situations instead of just going around the problem
I'm not happy in the slightest.
Sales Associate/Logistics (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 14, 2016
I feel they need a better way of telling of a coworker is actually doing his/her job or not. I've made my mistakes but I can't say I'm the flash and being in charge of all the mistakes. With a mixture of my own mistakes plus gaining blame for other co-workers work, I have recently been fired for it. So if you want a job where you have to take blame for your own work plus others go ahead man, since your new you'd be one getting all the blame not the other new co-workers who bring the shoes back and put them any places. Why would I want to sabotage my own job. you know?
Pros
Save a ton on shoes
Cons
short breaks, etc
Don't really know
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oahu Island, HISeptember 10, 2016
I learned that at times work can be fun if your in to it and I was in to selling shoes that's why I worked there; but my boss was a real, well let's just say he was not cool.
fun work environment, music always playing at work
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 8, 2016
I loved work for champs the only down side was there wasn't enough hours. sometimes I'd only go to work for 3 hours a day. the other down side was there was no room for growth. my manager was there for more than a decade.
Long hours and horriable Management
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 6, 2016
The job it self was not difficult just the management was horrible. There was no organization or no steady schedule. The other employees was very rude and lazy.
Fast-Paced and Enthusiastic Enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CASeptember 2, 2016
A day on the job. Your co-workers are your teammates in the selling industry which means you must rely on them and yourself to provide satisfying customer service; also professionalism is very important. Overall, even though I have only been on the job for a month, I've learned how fast fast-paced is as a sales associate on the floor and how important it is to communicate with your team members. I adore team work so having people to rely on and to rely on you is sensational.
fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 2, 2016
depending on day of the week very fast pace fun atmosphere to work in the cons is just the pay isn't much if its a slow day. you learn a lot through this job
Cons
the pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 28, 2016
Overall great company and takes pride in their employees and products. Setting goals and accomplishing them as a whole and not just individuals trying to make a name for themselves.
Productive and very customer service orientented
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2016
Dealt with many types of customers while assisted with their every need, restocked the back room with inventory, shipped out online orders, and handled small to large amounts of cash daily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.