Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Good Job to have
Sales and Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
This is the perfect type of job you should have if you are in school or want to do part-time work. Champs worked with me perfectly working around my schedule according to school hours and being just a good work enviornment for me, while I've been working here.
I learned a lot about retail work while being here and i love working around sneakers because collecting them is one of my hobbies. The management team and coworkers make this one of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
Discount on shoes and clothes, Exclusive releases, hour break, job secruity
Cons
Late closing hours, uniform can be uncomfortable at times
Fun and fast-paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 20, 2017
Champs Sports is a store under the Footlocker brand. Champs provides a laid-back yet fast-paced work environment that challenges you to compete with your fellow co-workers. If you enjoy shoes, sports, or athletic apparel, I suggest applying to your local Champs or anything under the Footlocker company. (Champs, Footlocker, Footaction, Lady Footlocker, Kids Footlocker, Six 02).
Pros
Fun, fast-paced, meet new people, commisssion
Cons
Pay, commission
Awesome Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 18, 2017
I loved working at Champs. Although i only worked there a short time, i enjoyed it. Keeping up with style and sneakers is right up my ally so im probably being biased.
Fun, family and friendly environment to work in.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 18, 2017
On typical days at Champs the pace was fast and friendly. Learned a lot about serving people and team work. We all worked as a team to service patrons to achieve the stores mission and financial goals.
Pros
Easily Advanced
Cons
N/a
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 17, 2017
making sure I make my sell goals . Dealing with shipment and receiving. Giving great customer service and working as a team. Also was taring new employees.
Productive workplace
Sales Asscoiate (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 16, 2017
Great work environment and a good place for first time job seekers to begin their careers. Takes some getting used to at first but after getting comfortable it's a fantastic experience.
Pros
Lunch break are nice and long
High standard sales and productive work
Shift Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 14, 2017
A typical day would be to come in early count merchandise to make sure we aren't missing and counting register. Then lead the team telling them our sales goal.Workplace environment was fun at times but mostly goal oriented and a competitive. Hardest part was trying to find new ways to motivate the team. most enjoyable was being able to set goals and being able to achieve them.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
healthcare
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 13, 2017
Was fun to work at and lived the environment. I learned many thing while working here. Made new friends. Was an overall great environment to be in and around.
Pros
Discounts on shoes
I wouldn't recommend Champs Sports
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2017
I would recommend Champs Sports to a recent graduate or an individual who has time to work long hours for minimal pay. Flexible, so you could work part-time or one day a week if scheduling permits it.
Pros
shoe/apparel discount
Cons
no life outside of work
Great work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 12, 2017
I love working for the company , it felt like my second family to me we all treated each other great. We was always helping each other out with sales and even the small things. This is a great work place to work especially if you love sneakers.
I love too work with good company
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2017
Hey im alisha im 18 i tryen find a job this my first job but im hard work person i have school n day time bout afternoons i could work when you need please hit me back
Fast paced and fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2017
Very competitive job. Had to out sell other employees and get the best numbers in the district. I also had to get people what they wanted and what they didn't know they needed as well. Persuasion and good salesmanship helped with this job.
Unfair
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAJuly 10, 2017
I learned that the workplace will not always be fair no matter how you work. A lot of managers don't care if yo9u are not the type of person they want you to be.
Pros
Customers, learn how working really easy with good and bad
Cons
Mistreatment, favoritism.
The Culture
Sales Lead/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 10, 2017
I love the sneaker culture in every capacity and being able to work at Champs gives me an opportunity to really see what the people of the culture like.
Pros
Discounts, being able to work with products you enjoy.
Cons
Wages are ok.
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
Enjoyed working here , always keep us busy , they were always something to do weather it was slow or not . We had great team work , we got things done
My Favorite
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2017
Easy experience, if your a sneaker head that's the place to work. They had great discounts. You earn commission as well when you upsale certain items.
Everything about the store is great including the customers we get.
Sales Associate/ Stock Guy (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 8, 2017
The moment I started working for champs Sports I knew it would be a while before I venture off into a new place. The work is nothing over board and the mangers I have had taught me well about sales and how things go.
Productive and room for growth into managament
Manger (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 5, 2017
I enjoy working for the company. I have been here for a long time and the growth and advancement was great to a certain point. They do not seem to take family into consideration when promotions and moves take place.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
Long hours and weekends
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 5, 2017
Assists Store Manager in recruiting and hiring appropriately to ensure store is fully staffed at all times. Effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance. Major Duties and Responsibilities: ... Regularly communicates with Store Manager to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business.
Pros
discounts, paid time off
Cons
no work home life balance
Great place to work at as a first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, IL 60504July 3, 2017
Fun environment management was very easy going flexible and understanding, moving up the ranks requires effort and availability, great first step in marketing.