Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Really fun job. Great at moving up within the company.
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 11, 2017
I loved the job. Not only did I enjoyed helping my customers, I enjoyed helping myself with opportunities. Opportunities such as learning what needs to be learned and taking on a higher role.
they do not appreciate their employees
Full Time Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2017
you start your work day at 930am, certain days you receive many boxes of shipment (15-20 boxes) , they only allow you one other person besides yourself to open the store. They pay very little with no compensation any where else. They changed their discount for employees so only certain sneakers are 30% off. Champs is a chain of footlocker and champs gets treated as if it is an unwanted step child. Upper management does not always get the insight of the employees who are actually working in the store there for there are decisions made that does not work in every store but you are force to still use them and when they do not work they come down on the employees. It is not a horrible company however upper management should speak to in store employees to get an idea of how things should be done and what is needed in the area of that particular store. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet so many different people and helping them.
Fun Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 10, 2017
The job was fun they just could not give that many hours. They hired to many people. When I was at work I made a lot of sales and I was very productive
part time
Retail Shoes Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 9, 2017
This 24/7 program receives referrals from law enforcement agencies and the district attorney's staff. However, JIAC is willing to offer referrals to families that call in for help.

The center works with an average of 500 referred youth each month. When the youth arrives at JIAC, an intake questionnaire is done. This consists of gathering information about the youth concerning family, school history, peer relationships, substance abuse, and mental and physical health. An assessment is done from this information in consultation with law enforcement and the youth's parents. Based on this process, recommendations and referrals are made that could be helpful for the youth.
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAAugust 9, 2017
Flexible work hours
Fair hourly rate with commission incentives
Work with people who have common interests
Fun-relaxed work environment
Availability for advancement
Fun place to work, need more
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 9, 2017
Its a fun place to work. Relaxed but also fast paced. Champs is a large company and could afford to pay their workers more. You could learn fast and if you do, should be promoted but they are too slow at that.
Was pretty much a easy going job if you stayed on track and did your job
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 8, 2017
Champs was overall a easy going job just because I enjoy talking to customers , helping them find a new look, clothes or whatever there looking for and I also enjoyed it because they where pretty fast paced, which kept me busy and not thinking about how long I was working .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short lunch break
Great staff and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 8, 2017
This was my favorite job i have ever had. They made work fun and it was always a chill and relaxed environment. The management is awesome. I worked there for two years and loved it!
Horrible experience
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  State College, PAAugust 8, 2017
People was ok for the most part. But most people was racist, including the manager. Was suppose to get up to 40-50 hours a week only got up to 20 max a week. No benefits and they treated black people like trash.
Pros
Cons
everything
fun place to work at if you love shoes!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 7, 2017
typical day of work is selling shoes all day long, oh, and watching out for people with five finger discounts. again, this job is more like for high school students. hours are decent but the pay isn't. Most enjoyable part of work is just working with good employees and having a good day.
Fun place to work av
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
Champs was fun to work at ; meeting new customers was always a fun experience . Getting to know your customers and having small conversations helped the day go smooth .
Awesome place to work Until you become a Manager.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 7, 2017
The discount is great and the products are obviously top notch! Still, when you work extremely hard to get to a level as a Store Manager, is when everything goes downhill. You will come across a lot of great people but the not great ones who have power over you will stop at nothing for your job. Job Security is for those favored, unfortunately that isn't for everyone.
Pros
Discounted Products, Good Music
Cons
No Work/Life Balance, Questioning Job Security
Great Starting Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2017
Champs was fun and had a great atmosphere for employees. Management could be rude at times, but overall they were great to work with. I liked working here but the pay is not enough for a college student.
Pros
good music, working with friends, familar customers
Cons
low pay
typical work place
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 6, 2017
My time there was very short lived due to lack of moving up in the company. The environment was very welcoming, busy some days but the work was fairly easy.
was great in the early days.
Store Manager, Market Leader, Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 4, 2017
when owned by Woolworths it was great, plenty of staff, fabulous training program. Cut way too much payroll as the years went on and stopped carrying hardgoods because of expenses. Changed the company for the worse.
Pros
good discount, comfortable work outfit.
Cons
too many nights and weekends, no home life.
Productive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 3, 2017
A day at work consisted of stocking inventory, cleaning equipment, and working with customers. I learned many social skills and how to work devices such as the cash register. Management at this location was extremely poor and did not assist their employees at all. Working with customers has its pros and cons but I managed to learn many new skills.
Cons
Short breaks
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAAugust 3, 2017
Customers really made your day! I love talking to people and making them smile. You wouldn't believe how a new pair of shoes can do that! I loved my years at champs I had children & needed a more stable schedule
sports wear store where whole wardrobes were bought
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 2, 2017
On the daily I would help customers pick out shoes and clothes for others and themselves. at the same time I would have to help main tain a clean and comfortable sales floor for everyone.
Champs Sports
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 2, 2017
The environment was chill and slow paced unless it was a Holiday. The experience was fun while it lasted but not somewhere you would want to be long term, especially if you weren't a teenager.
Full-time key holder (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 1, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Champs. The discount was great especially during the 50% off event! Not very many days off if you are full-time but the schedule usually works out so you aren't burnt all the time. I would recommend working there if you are a shoe fanatic.
Pros
Discount, good environment
Cons
Not enough days off, and pay isn't great.