Champs Sports

Champs Sports Employer Reviews

Fast Paced and Productive
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHJuly 18, 2014
Pros: discount!
Cons: short shifts
Customer service help. Stock and Clean

I gained so much shoe and clothing knowledge
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Cashier (Former Employee), Westland, MIJuly 17, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: pay wasn't so good
I loved working at Champs. It's such a fun atmosphere and the coworkers make it even better. Meeting new people and seeing what everyone's taste in style is.
Productive/fun Enviroment best suited for High School and College students
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: fun, healthy work enviroment, good training program, put in the work and effort you are able to grow with the company.
Cons: very low pay, hard to get overtime hours
The consists of assisting customers in order to find something that meets their desired needs. Tuesdays and Thursdays consist of getting all shipment done within a timely manner.

I have learned that I do enjoy talking and communicating with people. It is very satisfying at the end of the day to know that your services helped someone out.

My managers – more... are great. I have learned a lot within the 3 years of being apart of the Footlocker Co. The training programs are fairly easy for me. I found myself to be promoted within a year and a half of employment.

My Co-Workers are fun and easy to work with. The staff that currently works are great team workers, and understand the concept of the job and the duties that are required in order to benefit the company.

The hardest part of the job would have to be the lack of down time. When the store is slow the money is poor. It can sometimes be hard to stay motivated when there are periods of time that you can go a whole day with $200 in sales. Based on the commission scale, the $200 does not go far.

The most enjoyable part of the job includes the people that you are surrounded with. Everyone wants to watch each other achieve good things. You will never be left to feel like you were unprepared to do something. Someone is always willing to take the time to help and make sure you are understanding of the task at hand. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 9, 2014
Typical day at work would be very busy dealing with a lot of customer, but also very fun. I learned that you always put the customers first and the customers always right. Management was very good, took very good of the employees and company. My fellow co-workers were very good people and also did a great job with there task. The hardest part of my – more... job would be during rush hour with a lot of customers and short on staff. Most enjoyable part of my day was to see a satisfied customer leaving the store happy. – less
Cashier / Sales Associate
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 3, 2014
A typical day at work is depending on the day. Busy days include a few new shoe releases, my role is to help cash them out fast and efficiently. My experience at this job has made me one of the fastest and one of the longest working employees at this location. The management is also understanding and easy to talk to. My co-workers are fun and easy to – more... work with. Their isn't much of a hard part to my job, I've been doing it a long time and its a fun and easy working environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with customers and help them leave the store happy, leaving with exactly what they wanted. – less
Very Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: poor management and low pay
At work it was very antisocial with the management, lack of communication and treated as as if you aren't important. The co-workers got along well due to the fact that we had many similarities in neighborhoods and culture. The job was actually easy just had to make sales of sneakers and clothing attire to customers, enjoyable part for me is that I love – more... running shoes and I was able to see them all and have an employee discount. – less
Helping people with their needs for shoes.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks, hard to move up
Helping out people with their preference in shoes. A learning experience where you start to know different types of shoes. It was a place where a team of outgoing people help each other as well as the customer by finding out their needs.
Shoe Lover
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 22, 2014
This was a good job for me. I am really into shoes. After working there for about three months as a part-time worker, I moved up to an assistant manager in no time.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ponce, PRJune 10, 2014
Pros: discount in shoes.
Cons: rush times
A BUSY JOB SPECIALLY IN WEEKENDS. BUT A TYPICAL DAY IS VERY ENJOYABLE.
PRODUCTIVE AND GREAT EXPERIENCE.
Associate (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 5, 2014
VERY PRODUCTIVE ENVIRONMENT. LEAVING CUSTOMERS WITH A LASTING IMPRESSION WAS OUR FIRST JOB.
I found this job atmosphere to be very joyful and cultural experience .
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2014
Pros: i made extra money on commission .
Cons: short breaks.
My typical day at this position required me selling to the clients the merchandise at the store. It was my responsibility to make sure all clients were being help and had all there questions answered. Once the clients let me know there needs i was required to go get the merchandise the back of the store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 3, 2014
This job had a very good workplace, had excellent benefits.
Customer Friendly
Sales
Customer Service
Around new people everyday working at mall
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 31, 2014
Pros: room for creativity
Cons: short breaks
Hardest part was being under staffed, I learned how to execute sale targets efficiently along with multi tasking. Set up floor plans and maintained overall appearance of store. Co-workers were young and fun to work with. I enjoyed pleasing the customers.
great place for young people
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXMay 30, 2014
it was a great place and a great way to start earning money. wont be able to support you financially, typical job for high school seniors or college freshmen.
Fast paced job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterford, CTMay 28, 2014
It was a good job to have while in school. Great tips and good pay at the time. It was always busy because it was in a hotel.
Decent work environment
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE, CHAMPS SPORTS (Former Employee), Sterling, VAMay 26, 2014
Helped customers with shoe sizes, ordered sneakers,did returns, and helped suggest accessories with their purchase
Great place for business and sales savvy oriented people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 15, 2014
Assisted customers in both the shoes and apparel department
Suggested a Champs Sports VIP Rewards Card to customers
Stocked merchandise in store
Cleaned up store
Store Management was great
Co-workers did their part of the job
Made commission off any sales of shoes and apparel
Only thing I did not get to do was work the cash register
Employees are fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Independence, MOMay 2, 2014
Cons: put hard work in, but don't receive proper compensation.
A typical day at work is busy, but fun. Work is hard and you're helping a lot of customers at once, which can get very frustrating. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers, but having to maintain a positive attitude with them.
Favorite job of all time
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Concord, CAMay 2, 2014
I love working at champs, super fun environment and very good management, although the pay is terrible it s fun to work in for a part time job.
fun place to work
Sales Associate/Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 29, 2014
Pros: love shoes, interact with people
Cons: none really
Greeted customers in a timely fashion while quickly determining their
needs

Recommended merchandise to customers based on their needs and
preferences

Responded to customer questions and requests in a prompt and efficient
manner

1 2 3 4 5

About Champs Sports

Champs Sports is one of the largest mall-based specialty athletic footwear and apparel retailers in North America. Its product – Read more