Champs Sports Employee Reviews

interesting and fun work environment.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMay 22, 2017
Working at champs sports i had a very fun and interesting work experience. You meet people from anywhere and every where. You learn the different styles and interest people may have.
n/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 21, 2017
I really don't have nothing to say it was your typical company to work for working in management was great enjoyed my employees I also enjoyed meeting new people
awesome for a summer job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2017
this is a great place to work at if you are looking for a summer job that will make you some extra cash in you pocket. it gets fast paced but the managers are amazing at helping you do better. a lot of opportunities to advance are available.
Fun and laid back working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 19, 2017
Working at champs was the most fun I have ever had on the job. It was such a fun and relaxed environment and it was easy to get along with my coworkers and managers.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Not many hours worked during the week
fast past enviorment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 19, 2017
to work at Champs you have to be read for a work out, LITERALLY! everyday I left my job I was in sweat from the constant standing and making sure I greeted everyone at the door. its a very hardworking environment and I sometimes thought all the pressure was on me only, I knew I was new there but it still seemed like I was the only one running all over the place.
Pros
compensations
Cons
low pay
Champs
Sales Associates (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAMay 19, 2017
Customer service
Sorting and organizing the back room
Breaking down boxes
doing shipment
restocking the back and front of the store
folding shirts and making sure the shoe wall looks good.
Easily Replaceable
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMay 18, 2017
Greedy company that boasts about profit while constantly reducing workers wages. Job has weekly sale requirements for the company without sale bonuses for the employees. Constantly asks about job relocations
Pros
30% discount on ALMOST everything in store
Cons
No breaks, 12 hour days, messy, ALWAYS understaffed
Fun workplace, young staff*
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 17, 2017
Typical day for a cashier is regularly doing transactions and returns. The weekdays are way too slow but if you have a fun crew it could go by fast. Weekends are always crazy and customers are just as crazy so always be prepared to deal with that especially on a release! The discount is pretty good, however on some releases the workers with more seniority are guaranteed a pair while others aren't. In my store there is favoritism as I imagine there would be in other stores. Sometimes certain people get a better advantage for things or get away with actions that could cause a right up.
Pros
The discount on shoes, first look on apparel and shoes
Cons
favoritism, not many benefits for part timers
Productive and fun workplace that helps customers with their athletic needs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 17, 2017
I love working for Champs. My managers and co workers are fun people to be around and it is nice getting to socialize with all the customers. However, it is hard to not buy shoes all the time! Great job for a high school student.
Pros
Great management, discount on shoes, fun environment, commission
Cons
no work benefits
Overall an ok place to work, but not much room for growth within the company.
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work would be helping customers and fulfilling their needs. Keeping track of all items coming in as well as being sold at the store. The workplace culture is pretty good. Customers would keep the day going by fast.
Its a fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 16, 2017
Its a fun and friendly environment but the manager likes to cut hours and give people little hours. He likes to take hours away and schedule people for only one day throughout the week, maybe even two. They like to joke around but when they joke around somebody always takes it the wrong way and make it seem bigger then what it is.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33132May 16, 2017
this was my first job i worked part time because of my age. the manager was a perv but i think he got fired for stealing because he would. i just re stocked and rang people up
my favorite job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDMay 15, 2017
workplace culture was great due to the crew. We were able to work together without too many problems. The pay was minimal but this was only part time for me.
Multitask
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 15, 2017
While working there, there were a lot down times. During those times, I'll have to multitask between the cash wrap and the sales floor. But overall, it was a great place to build up self confident and sales skills.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Pay can be higher.
Low pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 15, 2017
Decent environment to work in. Easy job. Terrible pay though. We used to be based on commission but they took that away and now we just have a flat rate which is not better than commission.
Great workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 11, 2017
Management was a little lazy. But besides that working there was excellent. Get to interact with employees and customers everyday some days where good and sometimes they were not.
not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYMay 11, 2017
working at champs sports was not very fulfilling, everyone especially the managers were very unprofessional. They took advantage of people as part time workers. A typical day was busy which was fine but the employees had horrible customer service skills.
great job with great culture
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 10, 2017
Champs is a great place to work. Flexible and not too demanding. the discount is wonderful but not every shoe is available at every location and that takes away for the job
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 6, 2017
Working at Champs was a good experience. I was able to work on my communication skills and interact with many new people and customers. I was taught a lot and learned a lot of information and tips on being a sales associate.
Standard retail job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 4, 2017
Pretty standard retail job. True opportunities for advancement are scarce and hard to come by. Work/life balance is virtually nonexistent. Does provide a fun and fast-paced environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.