Champs Sports Employee Reviews in United States

Productive & Fun
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 19, 2016
Usually after a month of working here you'll see what will be the slowest and busiest days of sales. For the most part the staff is like one big family and a competitive environment as well, but then again....who doesn't like a challenge!
productive and self driven environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work consist making customer feel as welcome as possible while maintaining a competitive sales environment. My job has taught me many things: such as how a large volume store is maintained, how to manage people, and that organization is key while running a business. My management team has been very instrumental in developing me into what I am today. My co-workers have been great. it was a wonderful experience helping train most of them while learning from them. The hardest part of my job is not having a platform or time table for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying customers, and competition among co-workers.
Pros
personable uppermanagement
Cons
healthcare
Energetic, sporty, brand name values
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 12, 2016
Fast paced think on your feet environment with constant customer interaction. Opportunities for growth within company. Hot new products weekly.
Pros
Discount, great benefits, good relocation program
Cons
Work holidays, weekends, and late hours
Busy, multitasking, building relationships with co-workers/customers, fun and great experience
Sales/Stock/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 11, 2016
Typical day consist of assisting customers, stocking shoes, keeping the work/stock clean, clothes kept folded and shoes always straight

I've learned how to communicate with my co-workers and customers, make sales and organize clothes/shoes

Great Management

Great Co Workers

Hardest part was multitasking, assisting more than one customer at a time when we were under staffed

Most enjoyable part was building trust and bonds with co-workers, meeting new customers everyday and learning how to run a store
Cool Place to work
Manager Trainee Program (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2016
I have been with the Foot Inc company for over 3 years and every day is Great.

Inventory is the key to having a great store and a team eager to learn and perform well for the management team.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Pay is low
A fun enviorment, enjoyed working with my co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2016
Typical day would be setting up all shoes on the floor, restocking shoes, insoles, and clothing. I was also sometimes a cashier as well so at the end of the day I would count the registers, making sure everything matched up with receipts. Then my co-workers and I would clean the store; picking up and folding the clothes, fixing the shoes on the wall, sweep, and mop.
Excellent introduction to Management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2016
• Report to store manager directly, wile leading the store staff.
• Provide an high level of customer service.
• Actively coach and develop staff to excel all corporate goals.
• Responsible for all aspects of management. Hiring, visual merchandising, and overall operations.
Well kept workplace enjoyable.
Sales Assosicate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2016
I did enjoy my time spent at Champs because my managers there taught me many new things when it came down to learning the art of selling. I sold shoes for a living so that was always going to be an important part of my time there, I do recommend the job, I liked it very much.
safe and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 1, 2016
Working for champs sports has taught me how to engage into conversations with customers, helping them find what they are seeking for. It has provided me with the skills to basically sell anything. Somedays it can be difficult but I learned how to cope with everything.
Pros
Becoming a better saleman
Cons
fareness
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJuly 1, 2016
learned an easier way of telling which shoes to grab for the customers instead of carrying the shoe all the way to the back.
Competitive co workers but made it fun at the same time.
Management was nice and easy to get along with
Pros
30% discount flexible hours.
Fun Work site
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2016
Customer Service

Sales , register , Customer service in sales

Maggie ,

Sales and helping customers

This was a part time job witch I was selling and helping customers
Fun Work Place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 28, 2016
When I worked at the cherry hill location I had a blast working at champs sports. This was never supposed to be my career job so I was content with the pay. The vacation pay was awesome. I worked there until 2015. The store went under new management and I really did not like how I was being treated so I decided to leave . But It was fun while it lasted
Pros
fun people, good vacation time, commision
Cons
bad management
very upbeat always on your feet
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 23, 2016
great job , loved the shoes and coworkers,, always on top of everything . pay was okay but could of been better. hours are amazing
Pros
good hours
Cons
health care
Nice place to work only because of discount
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2016
Work was stressful to only be getting paid 1-2% for commission on items sold. Hours were definitely extended past regular mall hours.
Very slow and uneventful.
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 21, 2016
This job was beneficial only for my pockets. I dreaded work everyday because I knew that I would be forced to stand still for five hours and no one would speak to me. It may have been because i worked in an outlet with 4 employees, but the team was very distant to me and it felt like I was always alone. There was rarely any customers and on the occasions that we did have customers, they rarely wanted help. I did enjoy the few customer relationships i was able to build with customers. I think this job is overly cautious of thieves and hazards. It wasn't enjoyable watching customers and following them to make sure there were no thefts. I was sometimes instructed to stay close and communicate with certain customers. I understand the risks but it puts me in an awkward situation. That also goes for the employee and management relationship. I did not enjoy being watched on cameras non-stop and having my bags checked two times a shift.
Pros
Discount, Cute Uniform
Cons
Isolation
awesome place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 21, 2016
liked working here, i just wish it wasn't a seasonal job at the time. had no complaints. hours were nothing bad and they help a lot when you first start out.
Pros
very friendly co workers and awesome management
Cons
downtime in the store
I just worked folding clothes and seling shoes
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 20, 2016
This was a great job to start off with not having any work experience. It was a nice environment and pleasnt to work there.
Great sales experience, poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2016
The management and ways to grow in company are slim. The pay for what your job duties are is not equivalent. Hours are only heavily available during peak season.
amazing place to work at
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 20, 2016
clock in. Help out customers. Make sure we as a team give customers a lasting impression, so they know when they come back to the store they will be greeted by friendly employees. If the store slows down we will put our back stock on the floor as soon as possible. Make sure our store looks nice and up to date. Test each others knowledge on shoes and shoe care.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Busy days on Jordan Retro release dates
Love doing it
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Multiple locations in northern VAJune 13, 2016
I loved working there but it gets old fast. I was promised a store and for three years I waited and waited.