Champs Sports Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Work Place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 28, 2016
When I worked at the cherry hill location I had a blast working at champs sports. This was never supposed to be my career job so I was content with the pay. The vacation pay was awesome. I worked there until 2015. The store went under new management and I really did not like how I was being treated so I decided to leave . But It was fun while it lasted
Pros
fun people, good vacation time, commision
Cons
bad management
very upbeat always on your feet
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 23, 2016
great job , loved the shoes and coworkers,, always on top of everything . pay was okay but could of been better. hours are amazing
Pros
good hours
Cons
health care
Nice place to work only because of discount
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2016
Work was stressful to only be getting paid 1-2% for commission on items sold. Hours were definitely extended past regular mall hours.
Very slow and uneventful.
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 21, 2016
This job was beneficial only for my pockets. I dreaded work everyday because I knew that I would be forced to stand still for five hours and no one would speak to me. It may have been because i worked in an outlet with 4 employees, but the team was very distant to me and it felt like I was always alone. There was rarely any customers and on the occasions that we did have customers, they rarely wanted help. I did enjoy the few customer relationships i was able to build with customers. I think this job is overly cautious of thieves and hazards. It wasn't enjoyable watching customers and following them to make sure there were no thefts. I was sometimes instructed to stay close and communicate with certain customers. I understand the risks but it puts me in an awkward situation. That also goes for the employee and management relationship. I did not enjoy being watched on cameras non-stop and having my bags checked two times a shift.
Pros
Discount, Cute Uniform
Cons
Isolation
awesome place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 21, 2016
liked working here, i just wish it wasn't a seasonal job at the time. had no complaints. hours were nothing bad and they help a lot when you first start out.
Pros
very friendly co workers and awesome management
Cons
downtime in the store
I just worked folding clothes and seling shoes
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 20, 2016
This was a great job to start off with not having any work experience. It was a nice environment and pleasnt to work there.
Great sales experience, poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2016
The management and ways to grow in company are slim. The pay for what your job duties are is not equivalent. Hours are only heavily available during peak season.
amazing place to work at
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 20, 2016
clock in. Help out customers. Make sure we as a team give customers a lasting impression, so they know when they come back to the store they will be greeted by friendly employees. If the store slows down we will put our back stock on the floor as soon as possible. Make sure our store looks nice and up to date. Test each others knowledge on shoes and shoe care.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Busy days on Jordan Retro release dates
Love doing it
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Multiple locations in northern VAJune 13, 2016
I loved working there but it gets old fast. I was promised a store and for three years I waited and waited.
fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJune 7, 2016
will teach you how to take control of what you want i think. fast paced environment and defiantly not for someone that's lazy
Productive and Fun workplace
Merchandise sales, inventory, customer service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2016
Good Management, Awesome workplace, Good hourly wages, respectful scheduling, respectful employees, great customer hospitality,
Busy environment and fun people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD 21044June 3, 2016
Management needs a lot of work! Everyone there is pretty young, so there is a lot of unnecessary cattiness and drama which makes the work environment very uncomfortable and awkward at times.
The only thing that makes it worth while are the customers. The type of customers I interacted with made working so much fun.
Pros
Employee discount and great customers
Cons
Short breaks, heavy customer traffic, not a lot of hours to give out.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 31, 2016
You learn a lot about sports, enjoy working in a fun environment meeting lots of new people and reaching competitive sales goals.
Fun Work Place
Store Manager / Manger Trainer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMay 28, 2016
* Great team
* A lot of positive energy
* Great ideas on daily basis
* A really upbeat atmosphere
* Understanding staff
* Family staff
work life balance
Store Manager / Manger Trainer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMay 18, 2016
Flexible schedule
Job sharing
Lactation room
Childcare reimbursement during business travel
Paid time off
Split shifts
Roll call for shift swap
Productive and Fun work enviornment thats fast-paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX 75067May 12, 2016
Its very welcoming environment from the co-works and management to the customers. It is very fast-paced but with the team work that goes on, you don't feel the pressure everyone helps each other out so that no one slacks. I would refer anyone to this champs its a positive experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 10, 2016
This is a great first job for anyone looking to make some money during the summer before college. Keep up with the latest sneakers and you'll do just fine.
Super fun work environment!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2016
Working for Champs is awesome! All my co-workers instantly became my good friends. They were extremely fun, reliable and trustworthy. My boss pushed us daily to meet certain quotas. He was also very fun and easy going. Not to the point where we could do whatever we want, but to the point where we were all comfortable with one another while getting everything done at the same time. My favorite part about this job was the amount of different people I came to encounter. Along with this, my co-workers and how much fun they made my first job be.
Pros
Discount, Awesome co-workers and boss.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 6, 2016
A day can range from extremely fast paced to very slowly placed, all depends on traffic. Great environment and staff. If you work hard enough you most certainly can advance in the job. Only downside of the job is pay, you make less than minimum wage, and commission is very small especially if business is slow.
Productive and fun enviorment
Pt. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2016
I learned great skills, and the job was fun to work at. Great management, and coworkers, Enjoyed being at work every single day