Champs Sports

Champs Sports United States Employee Reviews

Fun work environment with friendly coworkers and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 23, 2015
A typical day at Champs Sports was sizing people for shoes and apparel. I learned that I could utilize my charismatic attitude to improve my customer service skills. My managers and coworkers were very friendly and were as eager to work as I was. The hardest part of the job was having to juggle multiple customers while speaking multiple languages but the fast paced environment motivated me to take on the challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching customers confidence increase from buying the new outfits and shoes that you just sold to them.
Fun place to work and learn about the different type of shoes
Sales (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: Discount on shoes
Cons: The pay hourly
Different situations arise every day. Easy laid back job, great discounts. The management are helpful if you do not have any knowlegde of the sneakers. The hardest part of the job is upset the sell by reccomending appareal.
champs sports
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Omaha NeApril 20, 2015
great and fun environment to work at. You get a chance to work with a lot of different people. Also meet a lot of new customers that has never been to champs sports before.
Fun workplace with stern production values
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kennewick,WAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Experience in customer service, meet a lot of people
Cons: Long periods standing
Work started as soon as you clocked in here at Champs. I grab my badge and radio then hit the sales floor to see how many shoes I can sell with insoles for added compensation. I learned so much of what customer service is all about at Champs. Basically, you determine how well your day is going to be simply by the way you treat your customers. You greet them in a friendly manner then they will respond in the same way. I did everything I can to help our customers. Management was more focused on hitting their numbers everyday rather than the customer but if you have associates on the sales floor that understand it is the other way around then you will have a successful company like that of Champs.
champs
Supervisor Crystal (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 16, 2015
Job Description List of excellent people skills and being aware of all product in-store. having a personal interests in sports and athletic equipment/apparel such as Nike, Jordan, and Puma gives you a good opportunity on making sales that day for the company.
Good Work Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Decatur GaApril 8, 2015
This was a part time position in highschool that allowed me to open up a little more and be comfortable talking to strangers. Working here allowed me to become confident in knowing that I can meet any retail goal given to me.
Porter (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 5, 2015
Great first job to have, but you do not get enough hours you need, and there is no set schedule so you never know when your going to work.
Meeting great people
Store Manager/Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Riverside, ILApril 3, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Upwards of 60-75hrs/week.
Being able to stay fit everyday. Was able to get the chance to advance within the company. The hardest part was making sure that no one would steal out of the store. The most enjoyable part was the pay.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 1, 2015
Pros: 30% employee discount
Cons: pay rate
At least 8 hour work days per work shift.
Very interactive with customers.
Learned the benefits of insoles and different footwear.
Friendly co-workers
Hardest part of the job was spending too much money on sneakers lol
Most enjoyable part of the job was getting first looks at new product
friendly work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Farmington, CTMarch 30, 2015
A typical day of work at Champs Sports would included folding, and hanging clothes, cashing out customers, and maintaining a clean atmosphere. I absolutely loved my co-workers, we were all young and still in high school but took our job very serious. The hardest part of this job was disappointing the customers if we didn't have a certain shoe or size. The most enjoyable part was making the customers happy.
fun and easy
Stock room/sales associate (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJMarch 24, 2015
If your good with numbers and friendly it will be very easy to make money and enjoy yourself every single day you work there
good store to work in for teens
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2015
The best thing about the job is the discount. I learned working at the store how to look for sneakers by code numbers. The store I worked in had great co workers wit good teamwork methods.
very productive
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Edison, NJMarch 15, 2015
A typical day at work consist of doing daily paperwork, giving amazing customer service and making sure the sales floor looks its best. Sales floor awareness and customer service are the two most important skills needed in retail. Management varies due to the fact that managers change very often. My co-workers are hardworking and always want whats best for the store and the customers. The hardest part of my job is never showing my feelings for example if i'm upset i have to make sure the customers don't sense that and preform my excellent customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people, I have met so many people while working in the company weather it be customers or co-workers.
productive and fun
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: getting to meet new people
Cons: shift ended to early
folding and stocking sports clothes.helping customers with picking out shoes for theor children.enteracting with all types of people threw out my day.
Great work atmosphere.
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: management is always willing to work with customers.
Cons: short breaks
This is a fun, but professional work place. The is a constant adrenaline rush one gets from working there. The management is very understandable and supportive. Working at this establishment has been very enjoyable.
Stressful because managers come and go
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 4, 2015
Pros: easy access to the hottest shoes
Cons: not enough money.
Can be stressful for Sales Leads because management comes and goes. Working GM hours, not being able to officially learn all aspects of the job, it gets difficult trying to grow.
good
Sales associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 3, 2015
high-powered Customer Service Manager who effectively motivates associates through continual
guidance, direction, development and coaching.Friendly Customer Service Manager with can-do
attitude and willingness to help at all times.Customer Service Manager with a track record of managing
a wide variety of customer service issues quickly and efficiently
Very Productive
Store Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2015
Great place to grow your Career ,There is alot of oppurtunity you just have to go out and Get It! Also great place to relocate and get better in diffrent volume stores.
GREAT STAFF TO WORK WITH
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 24, 2015
I HAVE A GREAT STAFF THAT WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS. HOURS ARE FLEXIBLE AND THE UNIFORMS ARE AWESOME AS WELL. BENEFITS ARE TO THE ROOF. THE BOSSES ARE REAL DOWN TO EARTH AND VERY UNDERSTANDING.
it was okay until management changed
Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: discounts on shoes and clothes
Cons: short breaks, horrible manager
I worked in a high volume mall so it was always busy but i loved working here until we got a new store manager the new store manager was just worried about beating the other stores in out district. he always cut people hours and treated me like horribly. the co workers were really nice i still keep in touch with most of them. my enjoyable part was working with different people and styling them. the hardest part was staying there until 1am sometimes.

1 2 3 4 5

About Champs Sports

Champs Sports is one of the largest mall-based specialty athletic footwear and apparel retailers in North America. Its product – Read more

Champs Sports Salaries