Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place great customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 22, 2016
A day at champs may consist of selling shoes, clothes, socks, insoles, book bags, or cleaners. There is a lot that goes on when it comes to helping customers. You can learn many things working at champs, it has helped many people develop better people skills, you learn how to deal with different cultures of people and adapt to fast pace situations. management is pretty laid back as long as everyone is doing their job. They handle situations very well and when problems need to be discussed meetings are set up on Sunday mornings to discuss these things. I would say the most enjoyable part of being a Champs employee is meeting new people day in and day out and building relationships with the customers that keep them coming back week after week.
Pros
30% Discount, Interaction with customers
Cons
Long hours with little pay, standing all day
productive and self driven environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work consist making customer feel as welcome as possible while maintaining a competitive sales environment. My job has taught me many things: such as how a large volume store is maintained, how to manage people, and that organization is key while running a business. My management team has been very instrumental in developing me into what I am today. My co-workers have been great. it was a wonderful experience helping train most of them while learning from them. The hardest part of my job is not having a platform or time table for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying customers, and competition among co-workers.
Pros
personable uppermanagement
Cons
healthcare
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 5, 2017
Since I am more of a laid back shy guy and working in that environment brought me out of my shell and be more informative with customers. Made me more comfortable of selling merchandise. Typical day at work would be fun because you are having conversations with anyone and everyone. I learned to be more outgoing and have more of my personality show. Management is awesome and I feel like I had managers in the past that weren't as hands on with the workers and always teaching you and helping you grow with the company and life in general. I don't think there was really an hard part about the job, but one of the difficulties at first is trying to find the shoes in the inventory the first couple times, when you get use to that it is a piece of cake. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customer and with helping someone you don't know who you are going to meet or run into and it is a great way to network with benefits and such outside of work.
Pros
working there and discount on shoes
Cons
short breaks
It was a fun place to work for with the environment and dealing with the public
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 28, 2016
I enjoyed the opportunity i had. I went from part time worker to assistant manager in 4 months. So i enjoyed the rapid advancement. I felt appreciated by the way i was treated and the way management gave me the trust and the chance to show my worth.
Pros
Discounts and the entertaining environment
Cons
Having to terminate people
Positive workplace with encouraging and fun staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC; Tampa, FL; Waldorf, MD.January 12, 2017
The Champs Sports team acted as a family. We were all very close when it came to each other, but professional in the workplace when a job needed to be completed. Typically we would find out the reasoning as to why our customers were shopping with us today, then do everything in our power to present them with the necessary clothing they would need to complete their task at hand. The hardest part of the job to me was keeping excellent and constant customer service to the customer even if the customer would not cooperate with you and turn out to be rude. Overall Champs Sports was a learning environment with different challenges daily that you would run into, but would have to know how to adjust accordingly to conquer your challenges.
Pros
Networking, Discount on clothing
Cons
Long hours, Black Friday, Working Holidays
Great work place
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTNovember 14, 2016
Champs is a great place to work. The work load is manageable and the management is great to work for. Helping a customer come in the store and enjoy their experience and find the perfect sneaker is a great feeling.
Pros
Associate Benefits
Cons
Limited Medical Benefits
great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 26, 2016
maintain store operation and changing of seasonal displays. how to sale and upsale to the customer. management was great you got to learn how to be a better manager and help others who wanted to as well. making people happy with their purchases.
Pros
company discount
A typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 13, 2016
Assists the store manager in all aspects of store operation including selling
 Employee management
 Customer relations, stock, visual merchandising, asset protection and training
 In the absence of the store manager, the assistant assumes all managerial duties
 Provide excellent customer service
Pros
benefits, interactions with people
Cons
lack of communication from management staff
An ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Dundee, ILDecember 19, 2016
Pay was low and raises were very small. Good place to work if using as secondary job or are in school as the schedules are flexible. If you love shoes this is a great place to work.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Poor pay
I'm not happy in the slightest.
Sales Associate/Logistics (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 14, 2016
I feel they need a better way of telling of a coworker is actually doing his/her job or not. I've made my mistakes but I can't say I'm the flash and being in charge of all the mistakes. With a mixture of my own mistakes plus gaining blame for other co-workers work, I have recently been fired for it. So if you want a job where you have to take blame for your own work plus others go ahead man, since your new you'd be one getting all the blame not the other new co-workers who bring the shoes back and put them any places. Why would I want to sabotage my own job. you know?
Pros
Save a ton on shoes
Cons
short breaks, etc
Fun environment and steady workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 7, 2017
A typical day at work for me would consist of help opening the store and getting prepared for the day. As customers would walk in I would greet them and assist them in looking for merchandise and shoes they were looking for in the store. I had a sales goal that I had to meet each day and it was based off of how well I could persuade my customers into purchasing more products. At the end of the day we clean up, organize the boxes, count the registers, and lock up the store.
Pros
Employee discount, Work atmosphere
Cons
Pushy sale motives, inconsiderate management
Where sports live!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 29, 2016
This was the foundation of my customer service and management experience. This was a fun place to work in with potential in moving up in the company.
Pros
benefits and great management
Cons
Holiday schedules
productivity and everyone on the same page
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CA 94545December 1, 2016
a typical day at work could be fast, or it could be slow. truthfully, its all about how you use time. I learned that every customer should be greeted with the up most respect. The management there was solid. always helped out or constantly set examples for all employee. the hardest part of working at champs sports was getting a lot of hook up pluses. there are good coworkers and bad coworkers but I managed to get along with every last one of them.
Pros
serving customers
Cons
short breaks
Review
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOOctober 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of me working with a team of people who are selling, engaging with people in a fun hardworking environment. Over the past 4 years I have learned a lot about how to communicate with people and make them feel comfortable. I have also learned how to deal with situations that involve happy and unhappy experiences a customer or associate has had with the team or management.Their wasn't really to much that was hard at all about working with champs sports I really liked working there.
Fun Work Place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 28, 2016
When I worked at the cherry hill location I had a blast working at champs sports. This was never supposed to be my career job so I was content with the pay. The vacation pay was awesome. I worked there until 2015. The store went under new management and I really did not like how I was being treated so I decided to leave . But It was fun while it lasted
Pros
fun people, good vacation time, commision
Cons
bad management
Productive Work Environment
Sales/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAOctober 30, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with restocking and sorting through shipments. We have a very good team, and everyone gels with each other. Management is very direct and understanding. I've learned the importance of team work and consistency. The most enjoyable part of the job is my team. I think without the team the job would be decent, but with it we are better than ever.
cool for students
Cashier, I (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 20, 2016
Cool for discounts first job advancement. Great management very male dominated. Great for kids shoe discounts and shoe awarness. I learned a lot about shoe brands.
smooth workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Typical day at work is easy.

Just looking for more challenges to endure at my job.

Management is fine.

I have a great relationship with my co workers.

Hardest part of my job is stocking and Inventory.

the most enjoyable part is getting the opportunity to interact and meet new people everyday.
Cool Place to work
Manager Trainee Program (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2016
I have been with the Foot Inc company for over 3 years and every day is Great.

Inventory is the key to having a great store and a team eager to learn and perform well for the management team.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Pay is low
Fun and engaging for sneaker heads all over the world.
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 13, 2016
Champs Sports attracts a young population who are interested in style and collecting exclusive sneakers that you may not find in other places around the world.
Pros
The customers you meet
Cons
The hard work you put in with very little advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.