Champs Sports

Champs Sports Employer Reviews

Cashier / Sales Associate
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 3, 2014
A typical day at work is depending on the day. Busy days include a few new shoe releases, my role is to help cash them out fast and efficiently. My experience at this job has made me one of the fastest and one of the longest working employees at this location. The management is also understanding and easy to talk to. My co-workers are fun and easy to – more... work with. Their isn't much of a hard part to my job, I've been doing it a long time and its a fun and easy working environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with customers and help them leave the store happy, leaving with exactly what they wanted. – less
Very Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: poor management and low pay
At work it was very antisocial with the management, lack of communication and treated as as if you aren't important. The co-workers got along well due to the fact that we had many similarities in neighborhoods and culture. The job was actually easy just had to make sales of sneakers and clothing attire to customers, enjoyable part for me is that I love – more... running shoes and I was able to see them all and have an employee discount. – less
Helping people with their needs for shoes.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks, hard to move up
Helping out people with their preference in shoes. A learning experience where you start to know different types of shoes. It was a place where a team of outgoing people help each other as well as the customer by finding out their needs.
Shoe Lover
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 22, 2014
This was a good job for me. I am really into shoes. After working there for about three months as a part-time worker, I moved up to an assistant manager in no time.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ponce, PRJune 10, 2014
Pros: discount in shoes.
Cons: rush times
A BUSY JOB SPECIALLY IN WEEKENDS. BUT A TYPICAL DAY IS VERY ENJOYABLE.
PRODUCTIVE AND GREAT EXPERIENCE.
Associate (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 5, 2014
VERY PRODUCTIVE ENVIRONMENT. LEAVING CUSTOMERS WITH A LASTING IMPRESSION WAS OUR FIRST JOB.
I found this job atmosphere to be very joyful and cultural experience .
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2014
Pros: i made extra money on commission .
Cons: short breaks.
My typical day at this position required me selling to the clients the merchandise at the store. It was my responsibility to make sure all clients were being help and had all there questions answered. Once the clients let me know there needs i was required to go get the merchandise the back of the store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 3, 2014
This job had a very good workplace, had excellent benefits.
Customer Friendly
Sales
Customer Service
Around new people everyday working at mall
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 31, 2014
Pros: room for creativity
Cons: short breaks
Hardest part was being under staffed, I learned how to execute sale targets efficiently along with multi tasking. Set up floor plans and maintained overall appearance of store. Co-workers were young and fun to work with. I enjoyed pleasing the customers.
great place for young people
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXMay 30, 2014
it was a great place and a great way to start earning money. wont be able to support you financially, typical job for high school seniors or college freshmen.
Fast paced job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterford, CTMay 28, 2014
It was a good job to have while in school. Great tips and good pay at the time. It was always busy because it was in a hotel.
Decent work environment
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE, CHAMPS SPORTS (Former Employee), Sterling, VAMay 26, 2014
Helped customers with shoe sizes, ordered sneakers,did returns, and helped suggest accessories with their purchase
Great place for business and sales savvy oriented people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 15, 2014
Assisted customers in both the shoes and apparel department
Suggested a Champs Sports VIP Rewards Card to customers
Stocked merchandise in store
Cleaned up store
Store Management was great
Co-workers did their part of the job
Made commission off any sales of shoes and apparel
Only thing I did not get to do was work the cash register
Employees are fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Independence, MOMay 2, 2014
Cons: put hard work in, but don't receive proper compensation.
A typical day at work is busy, but fun. Work is hard and you're helping a lot of customers at once, which can get very frustrating. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers, but having to maintain a positive attitude with them.
Favorite job of all time
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Concord, CAMay 2, 2014
I love working at champs, super fun environment and very good management, although the pay is terrible it s fun to work in for a part time job.
fun place to work
Sales Associate/Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 29, 2014
Pros: love shoes, interact with people
Cons: none really
Greeted customers in a timely fashion while quickly determining their
needs

Recommended merchandise to customers based on their needs and
preferences

Responded to customer questions and requests in a prompt and efficient
manner
Fun place to work in retail if you enjoy sports.
Sales-Associate (Former Employee), Oak park mallApril 21, 2014
Sales goals daily while committing to a great customer service enviorment.
Stock Management (Current Employee), Roosevelt, NYApril 20, 2014
Pros: contest, employee bring a dish day
Cons: n/a
I work within the stock room and several days in the week I help out on the sales floor. Each day every associate have a personal goal when it comes to selling. A typical day for me is merchandising the store, take in shipment, and extreme customer service. I've learned a lot in the past four years as far as operations and inventory. Management is good – more... and always available for any questions or in need of help. Co-workers are great people; Champs is like a second home because I am there at least 40 hours a week and the employees are my second family. The hardest part of my job is making sure my staff is working with integrity. This means by doing the right thing when management(store manager, assistant manager, and stock manager(me)) is not around as far as placing things in the right section, having consideration for others, and motivating someone who doesn't think they can achieve a day goal. The most enjoyable part of my job is being my own boss. I consider myself a boss because I do not need someone to tell me how to do my job or when to get it done. I already have an idea or an list of what needs to be done by the end of my shift. – less
its okay
Cashier (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 18, 2014
okay day

did not learn much

management was okay

coworkers were cool

no hard part of the job

break or leaving was the most enjoyable
Lots of Hours and Politics
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dallas,txApril 14, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: working all the time, all the time.
When I first got there I wondered why so many of the managers were single. I was married at the time. The work requirements for a manager will not allow time for anything but work. Most managers quality of life is terrible. If your single, no problem.

The thing people did to get promoted was scary. Mother's leaving there kids behind in order to get – more... into that hot store or be passed over.
Managers playing politics by down talking their friends and co-workers, crazy stuff. There is not real promotion system, you just have to know the right people and get noticed. To get noticed I saw managers working to get other managers they thought were in the way terminated.

I survived by focusing on the job for 70+ hours a week and training and promoting as many people as I could. It was a unique experience and I got to see first hand what a difference good managers can make. I worked under some of the best and worst in the business. I watched this company lose a lot of great people because those people wanted to see their families. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Champs Sports

Champs Sports is one of the largest mall-based specialty athletic footwear and apparel retailers in North America. Its product – Read more