Champs Sports Employee Reviews

productivity and everyone on the same page
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CA 94545December 1, 2016
a typical day at work could be fast, or it could be slow. truthfully, its all about how you use time. I learned that every customer should be greeted with the up most respect. The management there was solid. always helped out or constantly set examples for all employee. the hardest part of working at champs sports was getting a lot of hook up pluses. there are good coworkers and bad coworkers but I managed to get along with every last one of them.
Pros
serving customers
Cons
short breaks
productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 23, 2016
Typical day at work is very productive, you have to multi task a lot. Customers in and out all day. Learn how to deal with various type of customers, team work and dedication. Co-workers are very supportive. If you love shoes this is a great job.
Pros
Meet new people
Productive and fun workplace with great friendship oppurtunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, CANovember 17, 2016
Working at Champs is a fun hardworking environment. You get to work with a team of people all reaching for the same goals while trying to help each other.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
On feet all day
Young trendy fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 17, 2016
This job is simple customer service and sales. We setting up new displays and promotional items. Retail clothing, shoes, and accessories sold themselves for the most part. So we sold certain items like shoe cleaner, socks and insoles.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
hard to move up the ladder
Conversion
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYNovember 14, 2016
It's always a good day when you convert a window shopper, into a valued customer. Learned skills i can utilize for everyday life.
Great work place
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTNovember 14, 2016
Champs is a great place to work. The work load is manageable and the management is great to work for. Helping a customer come in the store and enjoy their experience and find the perfect sneaker is a great feeling.
Pros
Associate Benefits
Cons
Limited Medical Benefits
great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 13, 2016
great place, team experience. fun to work, love shoes. My experience is going very well, I enjoy working for them. Managers are so helpful
cool place to work
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2016
-Employee discount is nice and theres the extra discount a few times each year.
-The co-workers are usually nice
-You go through a bunch of managers since its retail but each manager I've had was very chill and young so they understand who you are
Very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 7, 2016
Overall a great work place and business. Very good management, also a positive vibe overall. Employees who work here are very easy to get along with, nevertheless a great experience as an associate.
Great company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 7, 2016
A company you can always grow and learn new things in. As well as great staff and team members.Flexible with hours and they provide great discounts and bonuses for the employees.
Fast pace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 7, 2016
Lots of customer service.
The company likes you to.push sales.
Be prepared to stock inventory and put it on sales floor.
Productive work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 6, 2016
Productive work environment between co workers. Always something to do, someone to greet, and clean. Management can use help but overall great place to work.
Great company, great job.
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
I was the stockroom manager for the four years that our store was open. My staff and I set it up from the get go. I have high standards when it comes to neatness and efficiency. We processed merchandise as it came in, we found a place for everything, and kept everything in its' place, on a daily basis. This made it possible for the sales staff to easily locate merchandise, even if we had already gone home for the day. I had a good staff, and during peak hours would work the sales floor when necessary. I taught them to maintain the integrity of the stockroom and take pride in what they were doing. It was a great place to work. After a little over four years, sales did not meet expectations at this location, and sadly our store was closed. I have many good memories to this day.
Pros
Beautiful store, good staff
Cons
Our store closed
Fun, Energetic place to work at to get decent commission, fast paced.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILNovember 2, 2016
Champs sports is an easy job to work in sales. Theres more to it than just selling shoes but the environment is fun to be in and you can learn a lot of new things like how to sell but mainly how to talk to strangers and open up to people. it helps you with your social skills which is great to have.
no hours
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 1, 2016
Good place to work but it was no hours, i was ony going to work for 3 or 4 hours one or two days a week, it was just gas money needed better job
Not a very good place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2016
Low pay, unequipped managers, sneaky managers and associates, no benefits, unfulfilled promises since day 1. I would not recommend this company to ANYONE moving forward.
Productive Work Environment
Sales/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAOctober 30, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with restocking and sorting through shipments. We have a very good team, and everyone gels with each other. Management is very direct and understanding. I've learned the importance of team work and consistency. The most enjoyable part of the job is my team. I think without the team the job would be decent, but with it we are better than ever.
Fun & exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 26, 2016
This was my first job had lots of fun working here and learned how to lay attention to detail and being more responsible. On a daily basis I ensured a quality shopping experience for customers.
great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 26, 2016
maintain store operation and changing of seasonal displays. how to sale and upsale to the customer. management was great you got to learn how to be a better manager and help others who wanted to as well. making people happy with their purchases.
Pros
company discount
Cons
Fun excitng place to be employeed
Retail Sales Associate / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 24, 2016
co workers were very fun and got the job done, management was always helpful. assisting customers with sales and merchindise