Champs Sports

Champs Sports Employer Reviews

n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarsdale, NYAugust 15, 2014
Great company to work at and great benefits if you are an athlete.
Nice job to start out in and advance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Perry Hall MDAugust 11, 2014
I started out selling shoes as a sales associate for 6 months then went to a 3rd key. In less than a year I was an assistant manager. You get out of this job what you put into it.
Same as the previous sneaker store
Cashier (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 8, 2014
Same as the previous sneaker store.........................
Good place to work if you desire to be a manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), arlington,txAugust 7, 2014
Pay is not the greatest for the amount of work you put in. Retail hours suck.
A day at Valet Park
Valet Park of America (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 5, 2014
At Valet Park I deal with customers non-stop! Also I deal with money. This job really consist of customer service skills, though mostly all jobs do; this job I am a cashier. I usually take their ticket and money, ask them if they want a receipt, and let them know to always have a good day. Helping the elderly's know their way around the hospital, guide – more... them if possible. My co-workers are a big help when it comes to it being very, very busy. The hardest part is when a customer that comes to my line, crying because they lost someone and I can't really do much because I am working but I try to comfort them as much as I can..But I enjoy meeting new families with their new bundle of joy! It is exciting when their is a new member to the family. – less
Effective work place as well as fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2014
Pros: everything
My time spent at Champs is the reason my costumer service is so extravagant! Champs molded me into the sales woman with such ample charisma. I learned how to really treat my costumers and I learned actual life lessons working for the FootLocker Inc.
My managers were all amazing as well as my co-workers! I have nothing negative to say about Champs Sports.
Awesome working with all types of people and ages.
Assistant Manager/MIT (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 31, 2014
Control of team and oversee the sales goals
Make the schedule and adjust hours accordingly
Hire and terminated associates when necessary
#1 sales assistant manager in the company/region
Open and close the registers and handle deposit drops
Maintain bi-weekly schedule
prevent internal and external shrink
fun job
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch, discounts
Cons: no hours
Nice High school job , made under wage . Good work place. Being able to get discounts on shoes was nice but a lot of people where not getting any hours
Fast Paced and Productive
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHJuly 18, 2014
Pros: discount!
Cons: short shifts
Customer service help. Stock and Clean

I gained so much shoe and clothing knowledge
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Cashier (Former Employee), Westland, MIJuly 17, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: pay wasn't so good
I loved working at Champs. It's such a fun atmosphere and the coworkers make it even better. Meeting new people and seeing what everyone's taste in style is.
Productive/fun Enviroment best suited for High School and College students
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: fun, healthy work enviroment, good training program, put in the work and effort you are able to grow with the company.
Cons: very low pay, hard to get overtime hours
The consists of assisting customers in order to find something that meets their desired needs. Tuesdays and Thursdays consist of getting all shipment done within a timely manner.

I have learned that I do enjoy talking and communicating with people. It is very satisfying at the end of the day to know that your services helped someone out.

My managers – more... are great. I have learned a lot within the 3 years of being apart of the Footlocker Co. The training programs are fairly easy for me. I found myself to be promoted within a year and a half of employment.

My Co-Workers are fun and easy to work with. The staff that currently works are great team workers, and understand the concept of the job and the duties that are required in order to benefit the company.

The hardest part of the job would have to be the lack of down time. When the store is slow the money is poor. It can sometimes be hard to stay motivated when there are periods of time that you can go a whole day with $200 in sales. Based on the commission scale, the $200 does not go far.

The most enjoyable part of the job includes the people that you are surrounded with. Everyone wants to watch each other achieve good things. You will never be left to feel like you were unprepared to do something. Someone is always willing to take the time to help and make sure you are understanding of the task at hand. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 9, 2014
Typical day at work would be very busy dealing with a lot of customer, but also very fun. I learned that you always put the customers first and the customers always right. Management was very good, took very good of the employees and company. My fellow co-workers were very good people and also did a great job with there task. The hardest part of my – more... job would be during rush hour with a lot of customers and short on staff. Most enjoyable part of my day was to see a satisfied customer leaving the store happy. – less
Cashier / Sales Associate
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 3, 2014
A typical day at work is depending on the day. Busy days include a few new shoe releases, my role is to help cash them out fast and efficiently. My experience at this job has made me one of the fastest and one of the longest working employees at this location. The management is also understanding and easy to talk to. My co-workers are fun and easy to – more... work with. Their isn't much of a hard part to my job, I've been doing it a long time and its a fun and easy working environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with customers and help them leave the store happy, leaving with exactly what they wanted. – less
Helping people with their needs for shoes.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks, hard to move up
Helping out people with their preference in shoes. A learning experience where you start to know different types of shoes. It was a place where a team of outgoing people help each other as well as the customer by finding out their needs.
Shoe Lover
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 22, 2014
This was a good job for me. I am really into shoes. After working there for about three months as a part-time worker, I moved up to an assistant manager in no time.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ponce, PRJune 10, 2014
Pros: discount in shoes.
Cons: rush times
A BUSY JOB SPECIALLY IN WEEKENDS. BUT A TYPICAL DAY IS VERY ENJOYABLE.
PRODUCTIVE AND GREAT EXPERIENCE.
Associate (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 5, 2014
VERY PRODUCTIVE ENVIRONMENT. LEAVING CUSTOMERS WITH A LASTING IMPRESSION WAS OUR FIRST JOB.
I found this job atmosphere to be very joyful and cultural experience .
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2014
Pros: i made extra money on commission .
Cons: short breaks.
My typical day at this position required me selling to the clients the merchandise at the store. It was my responsibility to make sure all clients were being help and had all there questions answered. Once the clients let me know there needs i was required to go get the merchandise the back of the store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 3, 2014
This job had a very good workplace, had excellent benefits.
Customer Friendly
Sales
Customer Service
Around new people everyday working at mall
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 31, 2014
Pros: room for creativity
Cons: short breaks
Hardest part was being under staffed, I learned how to execute sale targets efficiently along with multi tasking. Set up floor plans and maintained overall appearance of store. Co-workers were young and fun to work with. I enjoyed pleasing the customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Champs Sports

Champs Sports is one of the largest mall-based specialty athletic footwear and apparel retailers in North America. Its product – Read more