Champs Sports

Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FL 33511February 5, 2016
This was a fun and good environment. I loved the atmosphere and the people i worked with managers were nice . I learned alot about shoes!!!
Champs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 3, 2016
Fast paced sales driven company. Learned how to manage a very diverse group of associates. Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the associates that I trained excel in their jobs.
Fun sales job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 29, 2016
I really liked working here and being a sales associate. I learned a lot about sales and selling merchandise. It was a great experience.
Very productive and enjoyable place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJanuary 27, 2016
Working with this company gave me the experience to work in servicing the Public, selling store items and in stocking. I got along with co-workers and Supervising Manager.
Fun environment with nice shoes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Improved my customer satisfaction
I learned to work harder in order to climb the ladder to success
Learned more about managing and taking caring of your employees
Made great friendships with co-workers
Hardest part of the job was being a security guard and sale employee, we did not have a security guard so i had the responsibilities of securing the floor and merchandise
Most enjoyable part of the job was the awesome shoes, first dibs
Pros
First dibs on Highly anticipated shoes
Cons
Security should've been provided if theft was a problem
Best Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 18, 2015
Everyday coming into work is great, the coworkers become family, the customers are great . the hardest part is ending the day an the audits , but other then that its a great place to work.
Fun most of the time, but felt managers gave workers no voice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PADecember 17, 2015
The work environment was great most of the time, and the coworkers were also great to work with. However, it felt like the managers of the store and district seemed out of touch with the customer-base and what products were popular among the demographic that was trying to be targeted. As being apart of that demographic, my coworkers and I always made suggestions and they never came to fruition, as stores around us were beating us competitively in sales.
Pros
Fun work environment, personal interaction with customers
Cons
Poor management, lack of hours
Very fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GADecember 17, 2015
A typical day at champs consist of greeting customers and getting their sizes or whatever the customer needed. I learned the proper way to persuade people to buy a nike shirt or joggers, etc. Management is cool but they make sure you have gotten some sales in (Hook-ups) which is basically the only hard thing about the job considering that people only come in for shoes. The most enjoyable part was communicating with all the women that came in the store LOL.
Pros
Good People, Good Commision
Cons
N/A
Very Productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 14, 2015
Gained many communication skills and learning to adapt to different culture. Fast speed in selling and conducting meeting.
fast moving work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 6, 2015
Champs was a very good experience to have. I was able to build my people skills. however in a typical day i'd just go in and assist customers with purchase decisions. The managers did a good job with informing me of my duties but. It was tough in the beginning but when you go on it gets easier. The hardest part is selling because you have to convince the customer to purchase but its an enjoyable challenge.
Pros
Good Commission, Great leadership
Cons
Short breaks, Long standing periods
Productive, and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 4, 2015
Helping customers find what they are looking for. Help to keep the store looking nice, cashing out customers. I learned how to run the store so if managers weren't there I could open or close the store down. The hardest part of the job is probably trying to get your co workers to work asa team, but once they realize teamwork makes everything else flow smoothly everything is fine. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to customers because I love to talk.
We Multi Task 24/7
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 3, 2015
We do not stay still or with out doing anything, We fold alot and process shipment like crazy. We also wake up every saturday at 7 to do the jordans or adidas release and thats when the store has the best numbers.
Pros
You get 30% off discount and a 50% off once in a while
Cons
Your lunch is not getting paid..
A Day at Champs
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Deptford, NJDecember 1, 2015
I enjoy going to work. A typical day in Champs usually goes with me ringing customers up and helping check out. My management team is currently being constructed we have new assistant managers coming to the store. I can honestly say i enjoy my coworker. Everybody is different but we all make a good team. The hardest part of my job would be leaving. The most enjoyable part of my day is helping the customers.
Fun job ,but not enough compensation to make me stay
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VINovember 25, 2015
Fun job, but the pay was decent and isn't something that you would want to pursue as a career unless this type of job is a career for you.
champs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 24, 2015
lovely discount , great experience being able to see shoes first hand , very flexible with hours , also commission based
Work Hard for Little Money
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 23, 2015
This job is great if you would like to advance and become an assistant manager. While working full time, I was paid a little more than minimum wage and the rest was made from commission. They promised me a promotion and it never happened. The manager told me I was not good enough.
One of my favorite jobs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2015
Job is great as a starter job. It definitely helps if you're REALLY into sneakers. Working in Times Square was great. I enjoyed the fast paced environment. You definitely can learn a lot when dealing with so many different personalities and people of different ethnicities and cultures. It's a learning experience. I took away a lot from that job.
Great job for younger croud
Assistant Manager/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 31, 2015
Not great salary for older educated individuals. Great job for high school age or to work your way through college with.
Working at Champ Sports
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 30, 2015
We had to reach a goal everyday we worked. Which was 5 point a day. points are basically how many shoes we sold with any apparel. I never had a problem reaching my goal. There's been times that I've gotten more point than expected,which was a good look to my managers. I started getting more hours because of that. I was very happy with the more hours because that let me know that im doing a good job. The hardest part was getting a ride home from work because i didn't have a car and i had to depend on others. but that pushes me even harder and taught me how to save money so i can get my own car,which i have now. so get back and forth to work woulnt be a problem anymore. I loved my managers because they where very understanding and helpful because that was my first real job. Rev & Decs was a real job as well but it was family owned.
Fun enjoyable workplace and a good environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 19, 2015
Any work day for me is always very productive, I always get my job done. I enjoy getting to meet new people throughout the workday. I've learned a lot as the day goes on. I learned how to get to know the customer a little better by helping out with whatever they are looking for. My customer service has improved a lot since I first started working. My management is seriously one of the best I've been under. They always have everything ready to go. Never unorganized. Know how to keep the store maintained. My co-workers are very fun to be around. There's not one of us who have a problem with one another. We all get along. The hardest part is probably having to deal with customers who have a bad attitude, I don't ever let it affect me. I don't ever give the customer any attitude. I'm very respectful. The most enjoyable, is getting to meet so many new people, and having them compliment how good your customer service has been and letting you know they'll be back to your store.