Champs Sports Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 13, 2016
Assists the store manager in all aspects of store operation including selling
 Employee management
 Customer relations, stock, visual merchandising, asset protection and training
 In the absence of the store manager, the assistant assumes all managerial duties
 Provide excellent customer service
Pros
benefits, interactions with people
Cons
lack of communication from management staff
Great work place
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTNovember 14, 2016
Champs is a great place to work. The work load is manageable and the management is great to work for. Helping a customer come in the store and enjoy their experience and find the perfect sneaker is a great feeling.
Pros
Associate Benefits
Cons
Limited Medical Benefits
Where sports live!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 29, 2016
This was the foundation of my customer service and management experience. This was a fun place to work in with potential in moving up in the company.
Pros
benefits and great management
Cons
Holiday schedules
Productive and fun work place great customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 22, 2016
A day at champs may consist of selling shoes, clothes, socks, insoles, book bags, or cleaners. There is a lot that goes on when it comes to helping customers. You can learn many things working at champs, it has helped many people develop better people skills, you learn how to deal with different cultures of people and adapt to fast pace situations. management is pretty laid back as long as everyone is doing their job. They handle situations very well and when problems need to be discussed meetings are set up on Sunday mornings to discuss these things. I would say the most enjoyable part of being a Champs employee is meeting new people day in and day out and building relationships with the customers that keep them coming back week after week.
Pros
30% Discount, Interaction with customers
Cons
Long hours with little pay, standing all day
A fun job
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2016
Great employees. Minimum wage. No set schedule. Very easy and laid back but that made time feel like it was going by very slowly. Great work benefits.
Pros
long lunch breaks and limited smoke breaks
Cons
slow work days
Great place overall
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 26, 2016
It was overall a great place to work although i can say you work pretty hard for little to no benifits and it is really hard to make a living with the company and strive
Pros
Fun great enviornment nice co workers not hard
Cons
Might not have break if busy, low pay
Not a very good place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2016
Low pay, unequipped managers, sneaky managers and associates, no benefits, unfulfilled promises since day 1. I would not recommend this company to ANYONE moving forward.
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 6, 2016
Overall one of my favorite places to be, they are always willing to help you grow as a person and they give nice discounts and benefits.
Energetic, sporty, brand name values
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 12, 2016
Fast paced think on your feet environment with constant customer interaction. Opportunities for growth within company. Hot new products weekly.
Pros
Discount, great benefits, good relocation program
Cons
Work holidays, weekends, and late hours
productive and self driven environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work consist making customer feel as welcome as possible while maintaining a competitive sales environment. My job has taught me many things: such as how a large volume store is maintained, how to manage people, and that organization is key while running a business. My management team has been very instrumental in developing me into what I am today. My co-workers have been great. it was a wonderful experience helping train most of them while learning from them. The hardest part of my job is not having a platform or time table for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying customers, and competition among co-workers.
Pros
personable uppermanagement
Cons
healthcare
I'm not happy in the slightest.
Sales Associate/Logistics (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 14, 2016
I feel they need a better way of telling of a coworker is actually doing his/her job or not. I've made my mistakes but I can't say I'm the flash and being in charge of all the mistakes. With a mixture of my own mistakes plus gaining blame for other co-workers work, I have recently been fired for it. So if you want a job where you have to take blame for your own work plus others go ahead man, since your new you'd be one getting all the blame not the other new co-workers who bring the shoes back and put them any places. Why would I want to sabotage my own job. you know?
Pros
Save a ton on shoes
Cons
short breaks, etc
great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 26, 2016
maintain store operation and changing of seasonal displays. how to sale and upsale to the customer. management was great you got to learn how to be a better manager and help others who wanted to as well. making people happy with their purchases.
Pros
company discount
Review
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOOctober 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of me working with a team of people who are selling, engaging with people in a fun hardworking environment. Over the past 4 years I have learned a lot about how to communicate with people and make them feel comfortable. I have also learned how to deal with situations that involve happy and unhappy experiences a customer or associate has had with the team or management.Their wasn't really to much that was hard at all about working with champs sports I really liked working there.
Fun Work Place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 28, 2016
When I worked at the cherry hill location I had a blast working at champs sports. This was never supposed to be my career job so I was content with the pay. The vacation pay was awesome. I worked there until 2015. The store went under new management and I really did not like how I was being treated so I decided to leave . But It was fun while it lasted
Pros
fun people, good vacation time, commision
Cons
bad management
productivity and everyone on the same page
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CA 94545December 1, 2016
a typical day at work could be fast, or it could be slow. truthfully, its all about how you use time. I learned that every customer should be greeted with the up most respect. The management there was solid. always helped out or constantly set examples for all employee. the hardest part of working at champs sports was getting a lot of hook up pluses. there are good coworkers and bad coworkers but I managed to get along with every last one of them.
Pros
serving customers
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work but terrible compensation
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Chute, WIMarch 29, 2016
Fun environment to work
Co-workers were joy to work with.
DM was not great to work with.
Easy job
Slow times meant small paychecks.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very low compensation
Great company, great job.
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
I was the stockroom manager for the four years that our store was open. My staff and I set it up from the get go. I have high standards when it comes to neatness and efficiency. We processed merchandise as it came in, we found a place for everything, and kept everything in its' place, on a daily basis. This made it possible for the sales staff to easily locate merchandise, even if we had already gone home for the day. I had a good staff, and during peak hours would work the sales floor when necessary. I taught them to maintain the integrity of the stockroom and take pride in what they were doing. It was a great place to work. After a little over four years, sales did not meet expectations at this location, and sadly our store was closed. I have many good memories to this day.
Pros
Beautiful store, good staff
Cons
Our store closed
Great sales starter!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 25, 2016
Fun and energetic atmosphere. Good place to start getting some retail sales experience. Hours can get a little overbearing depending on your location. Management is decent. Overall a great experience.
Pros
sales incentives, commission, holiday discounts
Cons
Short lunch breaks, inconsistent schedules
Busy, multitasking, building relationships with co-workers/customers, fun and great experience
Sales/Stock/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 11, 2016
Typical day consist of assisting customers, stocking shoes, keeping the work/stock clean, clothes kept folded and shoes always straight

I've learned how to communicate with my co-workers and customers, make sales and organize clothes/shoes

Great Management

Great Co Workers

Hardest part was multitasking, assisting more than one customer at a time when we were under staffed

Most enjoyable part was building trust and bonds with co-workers, meeting new customers everyday and learning how to run a store
Good company to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 21, 2016
Good company to work for, great benefits and perks. Management was fair, not a hard job to do, not a lot of room for growth unless willing to travel out of state.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.