Champs Sports

Champs Sports Employer Reviews

Fun company who appreciates their employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJanuary 18, 2015
This job was a wonderful first job while in high-school. Over the year I learned how to be a salesman as well as a leader later on in the years. My co-workers became my good friends and even the rough days were entertaining working with a multitude of types of customers. wouldn't trade my time there for anything.
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 12, 2015
Help and assisted customers.
Manage a time effectively and provide service on schedule.
Assisted with the inventory of supplies and equipment.
Set up and cleaned up each day and night before closing.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 8, 2015
My job title was a sales associate. So on top of stocking apparel I gave customer service to all customers who walked through the store.
Great job
General manager (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJanuary 7, 2015
Fun Place to work. learned alot . would work for them again. good pay
Productive and relaxed
Part-Time Sales (Current Employee), Harper Woods, MIJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work is all about helping the customers and keeping the store clean. My co-workers are great we all get along. The hardest part about the job is giving customers bad news, everything else is enjoyable.
Fun and fast pace environment
Customer service (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours
A typical day at work consist of helping multiple customers at once, nonstop running and climbing up ladders while carrying boxes of shoes, memorizing stock room and providing excellent customer service that gives a lasting impression. My management is very supportive as well as helpful co-workers. The hardest part of my job would be when I cant give the customer exactly what they wanted. Most enjoyable part of this job is that I have fun meeting new people and giving individuals fashion sensible advice.
Champs Sports
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: seeing the different product that came out each month
Cons: horrible hours
Some days will be busy, other days the store will be slammed. what I've learned over the past years working for Champs is being able to work as a team when times get rough. The most enjoyable part about working at the company was the clothing line and shoe line products. The hardest part of the job was having slow days and not being able to make our sales goals from day to day.
An energetic place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 4, 2015
Engage customers upon entering the store. Build customer rapport. Assist customers with their purchases to ensure quality customer service. Management is friendly and approachable regarding all matters.
Great place to work.
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free work shoes from vendor, uniform provided, seeing merchandise before release dates
Cons: short shifts
It's a great place to work, with great co workers. I'm the stock guy and when I first started I had a full time job as a Supervisor with Keys at Babies R Us, and The manager always worked around my schedule which was always great even after I switched departments and started working late nights at my other job. I would say the hardest part of my job would be having a lot of shipment 60+ boxes and not having enough time (4 or 5 hr. shift) to get everything checked in and put away. The most enjoyable part of the job is hands down my co workers I love those guys and gals.
fast passe job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 31, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: long holiday hours.
good way to start off customer engagement
pay is average
good hours
good for a student seeking part time jobs
Fun productive enviorment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Modesto, CADecember 29, 2014
sell shoes and make friends with customers and have a good time while doing it.
A very great place to gain a lot of customer service skills.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mentor, OHDecember 23, 2014
I worked for the Foot Locker company for a very long time. I had a lot of experience working with many different types of people and different types of customers. I've learned how to efficiently diffuse a situation with an irate customer and I've also learned how to effectively push sales. I've worked at three different locations for this company in two different cities.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Lithonia, GADecember 17, 2014
working there was fun, but sometimes customers would be rude and nasty.
Fun Work environment
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 17, 2014
Champs Sports was the best job I've worked at. I learned about numerous fashion styles as well as met a numerous of people with different views and different styles. There was never a dole moment. Managers were real clear about expectations. The hardest part of the job was resetting the entire store and positioning fixtures each season change. Great job to have and make a career out of.
champs sports
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Antioch, CADecember 13, 2014
fun place to work and meet new people. I learned a lot about working in a fast passed environment from working the holidays for 6 years. working there has definitely helped me gain great customer service skills.
Great place to work for people who love sports
Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, TXDecember 10, 2014
Was fun moving hip,great place to work if you to sell this is where you can make it happen. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing customers leave with a smile.
Its what you make it
Manager In Training (Former Employee), Aventura, FLDecember 5, 2014
Pros: discount, culture, helping customers
Cons: management can be bad, but usually ok. no life balance outside of sneaker life
Great job for a student, or someone who does not have nothing productive to do. Not a bad job, however you will be underpaid. No work life balance, however must of the people who work here life revolves around sneakers. so if that's you then this is a job you would like. If you are over the age of 21 and are not a manager stay away.
My favorite job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 16, 2014
I am a shoe lover so working with shoes was so fun! The pay was a little too low but just being in the environment made the job worth it!
love the experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aventura, FLNovember 11, 2014
Create and maintain a long term relationship with the customers in order to achieve sales goals and represent the store in a positive manner while ensuring recurring business.responsible for assisting customers with choices and help locate them and provide information about the products and question, and making sure to meet the daily sale goals
Store that sales clothing, shoes and more
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRNovember 6, 2014
Store that sales clothing, shoes, sports equipment, and more.

About Champs Sports

Champs Sports is one of the largest mall-based specialty athletic footwear and apparel retailers in North America. Its product – Read more

Champs Sports Salaries