Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 10, 2017
Day to day work consisted of stocking and reciving shoes and apparel. Assisting customers with sales and answering phone calls. Having knowledge of new products so I could inform the customers. I learned how to close and open the store and took courses to possibly become in management.
Pros
The people I worked with were great.
Cons
Healthcare wasn't good.
Great company, great job.
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
I was the stockroom manager for the four years that our store was open. My staff and I set it up from the get go. I have high standards when it comes to neatness and efficiency. We processed merchandise as it came in, we found a place for everything, and kept everything in its' place, on a daily basis. This made it possible for the sales staff to easily locate merchandise, even if we had already gone home for the day. I had a good staff, and during peak hours would work the sales floor when necessary. I taught them to maintain the integrity of the stockroom and take pride in what they were doing. It was a great place to work. After a little over four years, sales did not meet expectations at this location, and sadly our store was closed. I have many good memories to this day.
Pros
Beautiful store, good staff
Cons
Our store closed
Review
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOOctober 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of me working with a team of people who are selling, engaging with people in a fun hardworking environment. Over the past 4 years I have learned a lot about how to communicate with people and make them feel comfortable. I have also learned how to deal with situations that involve happy and unhappy experiences a customer or associate has had with the team or management.Their wasn't really to much that was hard at all about working with champs sports I really liked working there.
Not so good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 23, 2017
Fun place to work at but not worth it for part time employees. You make under minimum wage and you work really hard on weekends depending on location. Not flexible with hours
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Poor pay
Im a snekaer head & i would like to know about all the shoes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2016
I wanna work at champs because I can get discounts & I just love shoes & I am a very hard worker & what we get paid every hour is a good amount of money
Pros
Free lunchies
Cons
Short break
smooth workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Typical day at work is easy.

Just looking for more challenges to endure at my job.

Management is fine.

I have a great relationship with my co workers.

Hardest part of my job is stocking and Inventory.

the most enjoyable part is getting the opportunity to interact and meet new people everyday.
Fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2016
Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service. Assess customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on product features. Go the extra mile” to drive sales .Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas. Actively seek out customers in store. Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options. Cross sell products. Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service. Build productive trust relationships with customers
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
Non-flexible work schedule
Company Hinders Challenging Minds
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 28, 2017
Wasted 5 years with company. Questionalby racist marketing tactics used. Almost owns a monopoly on athletic shoe industry, so job security shouldn't be a concern.
Pros
discount
Cons
long work days
My favorite job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2017
• Accountable for the shipping VIA UPS World Ship, received and unloaded freight both manually or with equipment such as pallet jacks; checked for damage goods, verifies quality and quantity of orders.
• A scanner operator must be detailed-orientated and able to meet deadlines
• Assigning trailers to drivers and inputting information into systems, inputting times cards, checking trailers , and volume forecasts and maintaining reports and databases.
To provide customers with premium customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St Croix, VIMarch 29, 2017
Typically, the Champs Sport sales associate provided the customer with any needed assistance with shoes and sports apparel. The workplace culture focused on providing the best customer service. It required sales associates to work closely with customers in an effort to meet their needs.
Productive Work Environment
Sales/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAOctober 30, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with restocking and sorting through shipments. We have a very good team, and everyone gels with each other. Management is very direct and understanding. I've learned the importance of team work and consistency. The most enjoyable part of the job is my team. I think without the team the job would be decent, but with it we are better than ever.
Champs Sports
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 25, 2017
Everyday at work I make things fun and lively. I usually stay behind the register so I greet everyone that comes through the door. From the few years that i have been working I have learned the respectable way to talk to people at all times. The hardest part of my job would be me always trying to perfect everything before I move onto my next task. The funnest part of my job is that I get to be around so many different people.
Relaxed and easy job
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Easy job for anyone.
Lots of emphasis on customer service.
Very relaxed culture.
Willing to work with schedule.
Music played throughout the day, passes by faster.
Pay good for college or high school students
Pros
music, breaks
Cons
slow days, low pay
Fast pace and skill builder
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAFebruary 13, 2017
We learn to work with all types of customers and help them find what they need, we also make suggestions and find solutions to any problems that could occur. We learn to be persuasive and patient when dealing with people. A very busy and fast paced environment especially during season. Its fun getting to see regular customers coming in and helping them and showing them new products that come in.
a fun company to be apart of
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 14, 2016
a regular day at work consists of a daily laugh from customers and co-workers
its very interactive with customers
the management is outstanding
the hardest part of the job is to get everything In the store sold as one
Pros
laughter. fun co workers
Cons
short hours
Fun Work Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 19, 2016
The work place was fun to be at but i was only working five hours a week and was unable to live on an income that small. Commission based pay at minimum wage
fun environment with meeting people , and being able to help people .
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 3, 2017
its a fun place to work , but its better to be full time and not a part timer . Because of how the commission works !!! But a company as a whole its fun . Just needs better structure
Pros
discounts on merchandise
Cons
hours are different weekly
Young trendy fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 17, 2016
This job is simple customer service and sales. We setting up new displays and promotional items. Retail clothing, shoes, and accessories sold themselves for the most part. So we sold certain items like shoe cleaner, socks and insoles.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
hard to move up the ladder
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 20, 2017
great place to work, very flexible schedule, great employee discounts and family oriented. Opportunity for advancement is easily attainable. Good training
Fun and engaging for sneaker heads all over the world.
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 13, 2016
Champs Sports attracts a young population who are interested in style and collecting exclusive sneakers that you may not find in other places around the world.
Pros
The customers you meet
Cons
The hard work you put in with very little advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

83%