Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Intuitive, Fast learning, serving customers, Nice people to work with
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 11, 2017
I Never been in the Retal Industry till then. so it was new for me.. very easy to learn, and to apply what you learn from training. other Assocates bring different things to the experince. It was nice to greet the customers. figuring how to look for unusual shoes can be difficult and long.. especially if you have 5 other costumers. other than the cash resgister acting up from time to time, it was a nice change from previous job.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, Nice group of associates
Cons
wish it paid more
for sneakerheads
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 5, 2017
not enough money too many hours and its the same everyday just recieve boxes and put shoes where they belong allay long its very boring unless you like shoes
Learned how to communicate, with customers effectively
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 5, 2017
Learned how to communicate, with customers effectively, do find what shoes or sport apparel they were looking for in my store, if not I would note my manger/ or call another location to see if we had the item in stock!
Interesting place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 5, 2017
As a person who loves shoes, working here was the ideal job. Not only do we get discounts on shoes, but it the entire culture as a whole is awesome. So sad I have to leave.
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2017
The only constant here is change. If you can't roll with the punches and adapt to new processes, leadership, opportunities or whatever it may be, you might not enjoy the environment here. With that said, these changes teach us to be resilient and adaptable
Co workers are nice and helpful
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 4, 2017
Typical part time job but getting hours is difficult as a new hire. New hires are the first to get called off when hours are cut which makes obtaining a livable wage quite difficult.
Pros
Discounts, fun environment
Cons
Low hours
Fun to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 1, 2017
Perk of working there was you god first dibs on new shoes with discount.
Very fun place to work.
Recommend anyone to work there.
It's all customer services.
Pros
Free food now and then
Cons
Short breaks
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 30, 2017
manager was not the most understanding or easy to work with person. He took a keen liking to certain employees and worked with them on things like schedule flexibility as well as awarding them more hours. The manager her who hired me left the store leaving the GM. More than half the team quit because of the GM.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 27, 2017
Champs was a great job if you would like extra cash on the side. Discounts were great, and I also met a lot of great customers. Sales were pretty good, especially during the holidays, therefore the commission came in handy.
Productive & fun
Sales Represent (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILNovember 26, 2017
I like it it's pretty cool . Good environment to work in . You can learn lots of things from sales to even running your own business one day . Perfect part time job.
Good work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 21, 2017
The store manager can definitely be a hard a** sometimes, but she does a great job taking care of her store and really cares for the employees. I love the team in place at the moment. All good people.
Working with what makes me hally
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 16, 2017
I️ prefer this job even though the job is only 11 a hr it is just something I️ like and enjoy. The people are great and you can really just be yourself here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits
A day at Champs Sports
̶Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 14, 2017
A typical work day at Champs Sport would require us to clock in, obviously. Greet our guests respectfully and helping them leaving satisfied. Whether it's selling them footwear, apparel, jerseys, socks, cleaners... etc. Seeing the guest's satisfaction after helping them was the most enjoyable part to me. Every once in a while some days were lacking consistent productivity so hours were cut tremendously leading to being the hardest part of the job. making sure there was hours.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Long hours low pay, first dibs on new apparel.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2017
The hours aren't set, mandatory 6 day work weeks, and random hours reductions make having a life outside of work difficult. The low pay, and lack of financial incentives for performing well can be discouraging as well. Lots of good people work for the company, the nature of the business along with desire to run stores with as few people as possible make it a grind when it doesn't have to be.
Pros
You get to see shoes before they release to the public.
Cons
Hard to take a meal break due to shorthanded staffing.
Raises
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2017
Unfortunately you only really get raises when you get promoted that is the only bad thing about champs everything else about this company is great could not have asked for a better job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no raises
It’s cool
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 8, 2017
It’s cool I mean nothing to bad to be honest if you like shoes you’ll like it. If you like talking to people you’ll like it too. The discount is great.
Pros
Fun
Cons
A lot of walking and standing
It was great
Shift Manager, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Eastchester, NYNovember 7, 2017
I made some good friends here. The situation deteriorated when my manager left. That started a chain reaction where the rest of the staff had no choice but to follow.
good part time job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2017
management never gets any raises or yearly bonuses. start off with an low hourly rate. not somewhere to work if youre looking for a real job. not somewhere to stay unless its part time for the discount
Pros
discount
Cons
no real benefits
poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 4, 2017
The management is poor especially when it comes to the higher ups. They don't care about the everyday employees only people who really benefit is corporate and store managers. The pay is bad as well and they will cut your hours on the regular.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
Fun workplace but poor pay
SALES ASSOICATE (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 3, 2017
It was a very fun workplace but the pay was low and not worth the work that we did, we either got paid on commission or hourly whatever way we got paid more but it was still low pay for the work and sales that we did.