Champs Sports Employee Reviews

A place that a team is all it is that helps eachother get through the day
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Every work day I learned new things from understanding and assisting customer complaints, to giving the best customer service possible. Best part of my days at work would be the communication the whole team had. I can't think of any hard parts of the job, everything with explained.
Pros
Team work
Cons
No health care
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 20, 2017
great place to work, very flexible schedule, great employee discounts and family oriented. Opportunity for advancement is easily attainable. Good training
Productive and engaging work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 19, 2017
Wonderful job culture and benefits for a shoe and apparel company with decent compensation. Offers good schedule flexibility and competent management.
Pros
work environment, discount
Cons
hours, job advancement
terrible entry level job, treated like youth no matter what position held
Sales Associate/Sales (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 17, 2017
I haven't got much to say about this place, I worked at the tower city location in downtown Cleveland and it was probably the worst place I've every worked. Management takes their job either way to serious or not serious at all. Any decent employee gets over-looked and moves onto a new job, management is usually composed of either really condescending college grads that have a bachelors in business and never once sold a shoe, or has-beens that are too comfortable with their terrible lives to leave. Work there for pocket change as a highschool kid then run away as fast as you can. The discount was cool though I will admit that. Your hours are determined by who ever is bestfriends with the store management so I made sure I was on their good side and my schedule was awesome, sucked for anyone that wasn't willing to fake a friendship though.
Pros
discount
Cons
literally everything, no exaggeration.
Fun environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 16, 2017
Handling shipment coming into to the store via UPS. Processing the shipment to prepare for the salesfloor. The hardest part about the job is the retail hours. The work environment itself, with co-workers makes the long days worthwhile.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 13, 2017
The Mall had little to no business so I did not receive any hours . My eighth month pregnancy I voluntarily quit & never applied back to any Champs.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Positive workplace with encouraging and fun staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC; Tampa, FL; Waldorf, MD.January 12, 2017
The Champs Sports team acted as a family. We were all very close when it came to each other, but professional in the workplace when a job needed to be completed. Typically we would find out the reasoning as to why our customers were shopping with us today, then do everything in our power to present them with the necessary clothing they would need to complete their task at hand. The hardest part of the job to me was keeping excellent and constant customer service to the customer even if the customer would not cooperate with you and turn out to be rude. Overall Champs Sports was a learning environment with different challenges daily that you would run into, but would have to know how to adjust accordingly to conquer your challenges.
Pros
Networking, Discount on clothing
Cons
Long hours, Black Friday, Working Holidays
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day as a stocker would be to help bring in the new shipment and stock accordingly in the back room. As a sales associate you would assist costumers and help them find the shoe they are looking for.
smooth workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Typical day at work is easy.

Just looking for more challenges to endure at my job.

Management is fine.

I have a great relationship with my co workers.

Hardest part of my job is stocking and Inventory.

the most enjoyable part is getting the opportunity to interact and meet new people everyday.
friendly,retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 10, 2017
i enjoyed the atmosphere of champsports.I had a chance to sharpen my social skills while provide the customer with comfortable footware and appearal.employees also recieved a 30 percent discount.
Pros
30% employee discount
Cons
hourly pay & insurance
Was a good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cayey Municipio, PRJanuary 8, 2017
Was a place that the coworkers help you to reach all the goals. Was fun and awesome to work there, because everything was related with sport and health.
Fun environment and steady workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 7, 2017
A typical day at work for me would consist of help opening the store and getting prepared for the day. As customers would walk in I would greet them and assist them in looking for merchandise and shoes they were looking for in the store. I had a sales goal that I had to meet each day and it was based off of how well I could persuade my customers into purchasing more products. At the end of the day we clean up, organize the boxes, count the registers, and lock up the store.
Pros
Employee discount, Work atmosphere
Cons
Pushy sale motives, inconsiderate management
great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 6, 2017
I love the family environment that management provided. We always worked as a team to get the job done!I really enjoyed working here.
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 5, 2017
Since I am more of a laid back shy guy and working in that environment brought me out of my shell and be more informative with customers. Made me more comfortable of selling merchandise. Typical day at work would be fun because you are having conversations with anyone and everyone. I learned to be more outgoing and have more of my personality show. Management is awesome and I feel like I had managers in the past that weren't as hands on with the workers and always teaching you and helping you grow with the company and life in general. I don't think there was really an hard part about the job, but one of the difficulties at first is trying to find the shoes in the inventory the first couple times, when you get use to that it is a piece of cake. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customer and with helping someone you don't know who you are going to meet or run into and it is a great way to network with benefits and such outside of work.
Pros
working there and discount on shoes
Cons
short breaks
Fun work place to help and make customers happy.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2017
Steady flow making sure every customer is taking care of and gets what he/she came to shop for.

I've learned how to make sales. I also learned great customer service.

My manager is a really laid back type of guy. He makes sure we get the job done and the task for the day is always completed.

All my co-workers are great people and hard working.

The hardest part of my job is when I don't have the product that the customer is asking for.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people. Seeing them leave with a smile on their face and trying my best to make them happy.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Having too much to buy
fun environment with meeting people , and being able to help people .
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 3, 2017
its a fun place to work , but its better to be full time and not a part timer . Because of how the commission works !!! But a company as a whole its fun . Just needs better structure
Pros
discounts on merchandise
Cons
hours are different weekly
Good people and great managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2017
I over all had a great experience at his job. The managers were caring and understanding. The employees were great at helping me build better with ethics.
Pros
riendly invorinment
Cons
Comission
It was a fun place to work for with the environment and dealing with the public
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 28, 2016
I enjoyed the opportunity i had. I went from part time worker to assistant manager in 4 months. So i enjoyed the rapid advancement. I felt appreciated by the way i was treated and the way management gave me the trust and the chance to show my worth.
Pros
Discounts and the entertaining environment
Cons
Having to terminate people
Retail
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 28, 2016
Fast paced during the holidays. Good environment to be in if young. Assisting customers and great team work if proper management is in place. Overall good place to work if going to school.
champs sports
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 27, 2016
Great job i loved the environment. The only down side would be the hours. Since it is retail the hours are crazy. The pay is fair and I loved my manager.
benefits
Cons
schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.