Champs Sports Employee Reviews

poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 4, 2017
The management is poor especially when it comes to the higher ups. They don't care about the everyday employees only people who really benefit is corporate and store managers. The pay is bad as well and they will cut your hours on the regular.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
Fun workplace but poor pay
SALES ASSOICATE (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 3, 2017
It was a very fun workplace but the pay was low and not worth the work that we did, we either got paid on commission or hourly whatever way we got paid more but it was still low pay for the work and sales that we did.
Its a fun competitive place to work with always something to do
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 1, 2017
A typical work day would last about five hours or longer depending on if you are a part time or full time employee. I learned a lot about shoe retail mainly, but also became better at being able to relate to customers when it comes to making sales. The management is the perfect balance between strict and laid back. Management is extremely uplifting and encouraging when you are having a good or bad day at work. Very flexible hours and good benefits.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 30, 2017
It was always nice getting treated fairly and with respect. The environment was perfect and everyone knew how to respect one another. The managers were always willing to help you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
high paced high speed sales driven work place
Assistant Store Manager Champs (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 27, 2017
fun environment for shoe people
sales driven commission based environment
room for growth if willing to relocate
can be very promising with good management
Great place to work very hard to move up
ASSITANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 27, 2017
The champs / foot locker culture is amazing and world reknown. However with it being such a large corportaion it is veey hard to move up after you reach managment.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Hard advancment
Best job
ASSINANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 25, 2017
I love this job, they are sore flexible with hours and school. The store manger is understanding and pushy sometime but he pushes you to do you best. Its a good job
blah
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 24, 2017
didnt really work there much they never really schedule me and therefore i ended up quiting because i gotta a better job offer paying me more money and actually giving me shifts to work
very
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 24, 2017
no manners.

did not enjoy working there.

people were rude.

no benefits.

no over time.

no paid holidays.

no sick days.

did not care if family or child are sick.
Pros
manager was nice when he wanted to be
Cons
everything
Love this job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDOctober 24, 2017
Working here was my best option at a young age because it was my second job that was a little more relaxing but yet helped me work for my money based off commission
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 23, 2017
Gave me the opportunity to gain some work experience, Good work environment, nice co-workers. Showed me how be flexible with balancing school and work.
Its fun
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2017
Working at champs is the same as any other retail compensation store. You deal with a lot of high school to thirty-year-old people or older who have a superiority complex. Occasionally you'll meet wonderful people who are just using champs as a way to get some money to pay for gas or other desires but the staff can be incredibly rude
Its a fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYOctober 19, 2017
Typical work day at champs sports is usually busy depending on what day of the week it is. I've learned a lot about many different cultures from meeting customers from all so many different countries. The environment and culture of the store was diverse and fun it was like a family. hardest part of working for champs was closing getting home 3am. Best part of the job was the discount and meeting famous people.
Pros
hour break
Cons
No hodilday pay for part-timers
Fun and Relaxed environment
Part-time Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLOctober 18, 2017
All employees were always actively engaged either assisting customers with anything they needed or keeping store organized in any way it needed. We always had a great time working together with each other. I learned to always listen to customers even if they were wrong about something. The hardest part of the job was remembering items from several customers they needed, and the most enjoyable was knowing that each one felt comfortable during their time shopping there.
Pros
Discounts on any item from the store, everyone got along
Cons
No saving plan options, healthcare, life insurance, little hours per week.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PROctober 16, 2017
A typical day at work was to be a cashier and sales on the field. Workplace culture was organized. The most enjoyable part of the job was to sell sports articles to Puerto Rico basketball athletes.
Pros
Good salary
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTOctober 15, 2017
Fun place to work at. You got to meet new people whenever at work. interacted with different customers. if you are a shoe love this is your type of job.
Fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2017
It's a fun and enjoyable place to work at if you have co-workers and managers you enjoy and can be yourself with good music on the radio playing and able to laugh and have fun.
great customer service and hospitality skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
very fast pace environment helped multiple customer at a time with my great customer service skills maintained a clean work environment and always made sure the customers are satisfied
n/a
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYOctober 11, 2017
Work is very fast paced which helps the day go by faster. I have learned most of what I know about sales from working at Champs Sports. The management team is excellent and I enjoy working there.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at champs. Everyone got along with each other and I enjoyed meeting new people everyday. The discounts were a big plus when working at champs.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks