Champs Sports

Champs Sports Employer Reviews

I found this job atmosphere to be very joyful and cultural experience .
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2014
Pros: i made extra money on commission .
Cons: short breaks.
My typical day at this position required me selling to the clients the merchandise at the store. It was my responsibility to make sure all clients were being help and had all there questions answered. Once the clients let me know there needs i was required to go get the merchandise the back of the store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 3, 2014
This job had a very good workplace, had excellent benefits.
Customer Friendly
Sales
Customer Service
Around new people everyday working at mall
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 31, 2014
Pros: room for creativity
Cons: short breaks
Hardest part was being under staffed, I learned how to execute sale targets efficiently along with multi tasking. Set up floor plans and maintained overall appearance of store. Co-workers were young and fun to work with. I enjoyed pleasing the customers.
great place for young people
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXMay 30, 2014
it was a great place and a great way to start earning money. wont be able to support you financially, typical job for high school seniors or college freshmen.
Fast paced job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterford, CTMay 28, 2014
It was a good job to have while in school. Great tips and good pay at the time. It was always busy because it was in a hotel.
Great place for business and sales savvy oriented people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 15, 2014
Assisted customers in both the shoes and apparel department
Suggested a Champs Sports VIP Rewards Card to customers
Stocked merchandise in store
Cleaned up store
Store Management was great
Co-workers did their part of the job
Made commission off any sales of shoes and apparel
Only thing I did not get to do was work the cash register
Employees are fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Independence, MOMay 2, 2014
Cons: put hard work in, but don't receive proper compensation.
A typical day at work is busy, but fun. Work is hard and you're helping a lot of customers at once, which can get very frustrating. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers, but having to maintain a positive attitude with them.
Favorite job of all time
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Concord, CAMay 2, 2014
I love working at champs, super fun environment and very good management, although the pay is terrible it s fun to work in for a part time job.
fun place to work
Sales Associate/Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 29, 2014
Pros: love shoes, interact with people
Cons: none really
Greeted customers in a timely fashion while quickly determining their
needs

Recommended merchandise to customers based on their needs and
preferences

Responded to customer questions and requests in a prompt and efficient
manner
Fun place to work in retail if you enjoy sports.
Sales-Associate (Former Employee), Oak park mallApril 21, 2014
Sales goals daily while committing to a great customer service enviorment.
Stock Management (Current Employee), Roosevelt, NYApril 20, 2014
Pros: contest, employee bring a dish day
Cons: n/a
I work within the stock room and several days in the week I help out on the sales floor. Each day every associate have a personal goal when it comes to selling. A typical day for me is merchandising the store, take in shipment, and extreme customer service. I've learned a lot in the past four years as far as operations and inventory. Management is good and always available for any questions or in need of help. Co-workers are great people; Champs is like a second home because I am there at least 40 hours a week and the employees are my second family. The hardest part of my job is making sure my staff is working with integrity. This means by doing the right thing when management(store manager, assistant manager, and stock manager(me)) is not around as far as placing things in the right section, having consideration for others, and motivating someone who doesn't think they can achieve a day goal. The most enjoyable part of my job is being my own boss. I consider myself a boss because I do not need someone to tell me how to do my job or when to get it done. I already have an idea or an list of what needs to be done by the end of my shift.
its okay
Cashier (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 18, 2014
okay day

did not learn much

management was okay

coworkers were cool

no hard part of the job

break or leaving was the most enjoyable
Lots of Hours and Politics
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dallas,txApril 14, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: working all the time, all the time.
When I first got there I wondered why so many of the managers were single. I was married at the time. The work requirements for a manager will not allow time for anything but work. Most managers quality of life is terrible. If your single, no problem.

The thing people did to get promoted was scary. Mother's leaving there kids behind in order to get into that hot store or be passed over.
Managers playing politics by down talking their friends and co-workers, crazy stuff. There is not real promotion system, you just have to know the right people and get noticed. To get noticed I saw managers working to get other managers they thought were in the way terminated.

I survived by focusing on the job for 70+ hours a week and training and promoting as many people as I could. It was a unique experience and I got to see first hand what a difference good managers can make. I worked under some of the best and worst in the business. I watched this company lose a lot of great people because those people wanted to see their families.
I loved working for Champs in Honolulu. Great management
Cashier/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 14, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: healthcare
I learned how to be more personable and outgoing. My sales skills were developed here because of the great management team.
Fun and very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAApril 11, 2014
I loved this job. I was always learning about new product and doing different training. Everyone worked well together. Management made sure the employee's were doing well with all areas of daily sales and training. The hardest part of this job was trying to get the customers to make a purchase. I really loved working for Champs Sports.
Fun first Job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Palm DesertApril 9, 2014
It's more than selling shoes. There are so many thing you are responsible for but you have to remember without customers YOU ARE NOTHING.
A job is a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, CAApril 6, 2014
When I was first hired it was good. After awhile management changed and decided to bring in their own hires so they moved everyone who was there prior out. So, when I was working it was a alright until the change.
Champs
Store Manager (Current Employee), ohMarch 24, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: n/a
fun fast paced sales driven
good co workers
nothing hard about the job
competing in sales programs
Fast Pace and Demanding
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMarch 18, 2014
Pros: able to gain knowledge in multiple areas and career advancement opportunities
Cons: work shifts can be unexpected and working hours may vary
Will need to audit the inventory before store opening. Also depending on the day, a typcial will mostly comprise of attending to customer needs. If the day is slow when it comes to customer attendence, then a typical day will comprise of warehouse duties. Stocking inventory and logisitcal work. The hardest part of the job is having to work a schedule that constanlty changes. This job also demands a worker who is physically capable in attending a large amount of customers in a short period of time, especially during certain holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to gain experience with customer service, logisitics, warehouse packing, auditing, and management.
Fun Workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE & CASHIER (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMarch 10, 2014
Working for Footlocker company was great. You were able to partner with other stores like Footlocker, Kids Footlocker, Lady's Footlocker and Footaction. It was like a family, and we all were each other's backbone. The management team at the time was great to work with and was always looking for sales associate best interests. The most enjoyable part of the this job was not only the customers but it was the team that we had. We made sure it was a fun environment for the customers and the employees. The hardest part of the job is when I left for college. I was promised my position during breaks at college, ie (Spring break, Summer break and Winter break) but once I returned, new management said I couldn't return.

About Champs Sports

Champs Sports is one of the largest mall-based specialty athletic footwear and apparel retailers in North America. Its product – Read more

Champs Sports Salaries