Champs Sports

Store discount
Fast pace
Meeting new people
Fun place
Awesome Place to work if you don't care about the pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), missoula, montanaSeptember 29, 2014
The management at Champs is awesome, I love everyone that I work with. It is a great environment and definitely would love to work at champs for as long as possible if only the pay were better. You make a dollar below minima wage plus commission but that really isn't a good deal when your pay check shows up. A part-time job at champs is considered to be between 8-15 hours a week which is not nearly enough.
A Productive work place ,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Temecula, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: i got to see new clothing product from some top brands
Cons: co-workers try to steal your sales
I loved this job. I was always learning about new product and doing different training. Everyone worked well together. Management made sure the employee's were doing well with all areas of daily sales and training. The hardest part of this job was trying to get the customers to make a purchase. I really loved working for Champs Sports.
Enjoyable workplace
Lead Sales Associate/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: shoe purchases on discount
Cons: rude customers, late employees
* A typical day at work is always interesting because of the relationships you build with other customers and other employees makes each day unique in its own way.
* I learned how to manage a store and also how to sell each product that champs offered in the store. I learned how to process shipment, how to not lose a sale, and also how to close a sale which is one of the most important factors in sales.
* All of my co-workers looked at me as a friend as well as a manager to them and respected me on a very high level.
* The hardest part of my job was hitting numbers each week based off of LY (Last years) numbers in sales. Making sure that we push every sale to every customer that we strategically follow every step in closing that sale.
* The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers that come in and building relationships with people long term.
Decent, Fun workplace
Sales Associate, Cashier, Manager in training (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: got to see new clothing product from some of the top brands
Cons: lazy co workers, lack of knowledge from co workers
Helped multiple Customers at once, managed a register whenever needed, cleaned store, fold and stocked products. Put out new display signs on display windows, and displayed new clothing releases on the manikins. Did most of the work, and other associates would put their numbers on my sales, so I hardly got credit for my sales so my check was never good, Had cashiers and other associates that would go to the bathroom when the store would have a lot of traffic and post on Facebook and Twitter and text instead of doing their job. Associates stood around and talked instead of doing their job as other associates ran around like it was a track meet. After all the work we did, we really didn't get that good of pay or discounts.
Customers service at its best
Cashier/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Euless, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: not alot of break time.
I loved working face to face with customers. I learned alot about the shoe culture. I recieved alot of responsibilities as a cashier.
It was great I moved to another state or i would still be there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Woodbury MNSeptember 6, 2014
It was really great fun people we worked competitively which caused us to get plenty done
Like any retail position
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Like any retail management position. Requires a lot of work. With the right upper management growth potential is possible.
great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: discount and working with customers
Cons: pay
great job and great discount. pay not so much!
management is great but they think work is your life yet you don't get paid anything!! but I enjoy shoes and the discount so I stuck around
Second Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 2, 2014
This job is a second job. Consists of talking to many people and helping them out. Very interesting and helps meet a lot of people.
Sports and Fashion
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maywood, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good people, fun place to work
Cons: better conpensation
A typical day on the job is pretty fun, dealing with customers from all different backgrounds; some athletes and some casual ball players, others just individuals who love to work out. I've learned that even some customers over the age of 60 still work out and are in really good shape! my coworkers are very energetic and strive to make the customers experience the best. The hardest part of my job would be the yearly "Black Friday" its pretty hectic around those times; but its also the most enjoyable part as well. A lot of people are excited and seeing other people's happiness is something that makes me happy.
Loved it until I had to leave
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 26, 2014
Pros: discount, fun environment, good people
Cons: it's all about the money
I was a part time associate at one store and loved it. Then I transferred to another store where I was promoted to assistant manager bc the current assistant manager was leaving. I soon found out why. On his last day he told me to keep an eye on the store manager and other full time employee and to write everything down. Soon I started noticing money as well as product missing only on the days the other two key holders worked. I kept dilligent records and eventually went to my GM. She did not believe me and couldn't care less because the store was in the positives as far as sales. Not wanting to get arrested I quit. About 3 weeks after I quit an audit was done. Thousands of dollars came up missing. When pressured about the shrinkage, the other two key holders admitted to the theft and were fired. The whole thing was a shame because it is a fun place to work.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarsdale, NYAugust 15, 2014
Great company to work at and great benefits if you are an athlete.
Nice job to start out in and advance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Perry Hall MDAugust 11, 2014
I started out selling shoes as a sales associate for 6 months then went to a 3rd key. In less than a year I was an assistant manager. You get out of this job what you put into it.
Same as the previous sneaker store
Cashier (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 8, 2014
Same as the previous sneaker store.........................
Good place to work if you desire to be a manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), arlington,txAugust 7, 2014
Pay is not the greatest for the amount of work you put in. Retail hours suck.
A day at Valet Park
Valet Park of America (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 5, 2014
At Valet Park I deal with customers non-stop! Also I deal with money. This job really consist of customer service skills, though mostly all jobs do; this job I am a cashier. I usually take their ticket and money, ask them if they want a receipt, and let them know to always have a good day. Helping the elderly's know their way around the hospital, guide them if possible. My co-workers are a big help when it comes to it being very, very busy. The hardest part is when a customer that comes to my line, crying because they lost someone and I can't really do much because I am working but I try to comfort them as much as I can..But I enjoy meeting new families with their new bundle of joy! It is exciting when their is a new member to the family.
Effective work place as well as fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2014
Pros: everything
My time spent at Champs is the reason my costumer service is so extravagant! Champs molded me into the sales woman with such ample charisma. I learned how to really treat my costumers and I learned actual life lessons working for the FootLocker Inc.
My managers were all amazing as well as my co-workers! I have nothing negative to say about Champs Sports.
Awesome working with all types of people and ages.
Assistant Manager/MIT (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 31, 2014
Control of team and oversee the sales goals
Make the schedule and adjust hours accordingly
Hire and terminated associates when necessary
#1 sales assistant manager in the company/region
Open and close the registers and handle deposit drops
Maintain bi-weekly schedule
prevent internal and external shrink
fun job
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch, discounts
Cons: no hours
Nice High school job , made under wage . Good work place. Being able to get discounts on shoes was nice but a lot of people where not getting any hours

About Champs Sports

Champs Sports is one of the largest mall-based specialty athletic footwear and apparel retailers in North America. Its product – Read more

Champs Sports Salaries