CHAMPS

CHAMPS United States Employee Reviews

Sales Sales Slaes
Top Sales Associate (Former Employee), Freehold NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: Gets Boring
Okay work environment but just not for me i will never work retail again. I love helping people find what they need in their budget.
dishwasher
Customer service/janitor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: dish washer
washing dishes, and cleaning. enjoyed working there,. some volunteer and li ght cooking. Did not really receive pay just tips some of the time. Additions, serve food to guest on the weekend. received dishes after guest finished eating to clean in a dining facility.
Okay Work Place
Cashier/Sales Associate/STOCKER (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: 30 min breaks & commision
Cons: the rude manager
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK.
IT WAS OKAY ON CERTAIN DAYS BUT MONDAY-WEDNSDAY WAS BORING.

WHAT I LEARNED.
I LEARNED HOW TO FIND SHOES SELL PRODUCTS AND APPAREL AND STOCK INCOMING NEW SHIPMENT QUICKLY.

MANAGEMENT.
THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT CHAMPS IS CERTAIN CO WORKERS AND ONLY 1 COOL ASSISTANT MANAGER, OTHER THAN THAT THE LEAD MANAGER IS RUDE DISRESPECTFUL AND GIVES HOURS ONLY WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING FOR HER.
SHE TALKS ABOUT HER EMPLOYEES BEHIND THERE BACK LIKE ITS NOTHING AND ONLY GIVES YOU 2-3 DAYS OF WORK BASED ON IF YOU DO SOMETHING NICE FOR HER.

HARDEST PART OF THE JOB.
DEALING WITH THE LEAD MANAGERS RUDE COMMENTS.
OTHER THAN THAT
THERE IS NOTHING HARD ABOUT THE JOB.

THE BEST PART OF THE JOB.
IS MEETING NEW AND OLD FRIENDS AND COMMISION.
Fast paced salon.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Tequesta, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: large clientele
The salon operated on high volume and low costs. The salon was close to home and friendly.
Nice place to work
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Lansing,MIJanuary 13, 2015
CHAMPS was a very fun place to work. Managers were really good and i had a great time working with them. My boss was a very good teacher and i enjoyed working with them.
Productive and fun workplace, able to grow and learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 7, 2015
I am a shoe fanatic so I enjoy every minute I spend at this job. My supervisor/store manger is a cool laid-back kind of person so the working environment is fun, but we always mean business when it comes to making sales and meeting our team goals.
fun work enviroment
Cook (Former Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: short breaks
I just love food, and working in a face pace envirorment. Champs was a very great place to work however, I was laid off after 10 years due to down sizing.
Low pay Hard Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJDecember 8, 2014
You have to do alot of work and do not get compensated much. You work off commission.
This charter high school offers wonderful opportunites for students from all walks of life.The teachers are fantastic and prepare students for college
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CANovember 1, 2014
Pros: health care, parking.
Cons: i rarely take lunch nor breaks and work very long hours without any additional compensation.
Days at work are fast paced with numerous situations that can occur at any school. My normal day begins at 8:00 AM and normally ends at 6:00 PM. As the event coordinator, some days my work begins earlier and ends later in the day.

The culture of the school is changing due to growth of student population and different management of the school. My co-workers and I work hand in hand and often help each other with tasks to complete goals. They are intelligent and hard-working and I am proud to be affilated with them.

The most difficult part of my job is when I see a student in distress or a parent/guardian who has a school or personal issue. Additionally, my personal concern is that I realize that I will never earn what I require to provide for my family as all schools are in financially challenged.

Highlights in my day are producing a successful event for the school, seeing the students achieve great goals and college acceptances, especially when they have turned themselves around, and seeing the school thrive.
Good opportunity for first time employement
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 20, 2014
This is a fairly easy job for part time work, consisting mainly of customer service and sales. I also had to deal with the stock room and receiving and ordering supplies and other equipment, but this is not typical of most part time associates.
productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Federal way, WaAugust 16, 2014
Pros: 30% discount on on store items
Assist customers with shoes , clothing apparel , & hats. Also experience with the cash register and stocking shipment in the back.
A lot of work with the community.
Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 13, 2014
The best part of this job was working with people less fortunate than us. It didn't even feel like I was working, while working here I grew as a person. It was great working with friends on these different projects.
Terrible ownership
Bartender (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 22, 2014
Cons: everything
There's a reason why this place was on Bar Rescue. That's really all I need to say.
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), WAJuly 18, 2014
taught me new skills in customer service every day. Stayed very busy trying to improve sale while providing customers needs and wants.
business closed
Office Administrator/Bookkeeper Asst (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: great managers
Cons: business was slow
Business has since closed down and been sold but I did enjoy working there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 7, 2014
fun workplace
Fun and a great way to meet new people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaApril 28, 2014
Pros: meeting new people daily.
Cons: not being able to advance my career.
Working at Champs was an enjoyable job. The only thing I did not like about it was the management did not allow me to try to move up in the company.I was a part-time employee working full-time hour, but my management would not let me train for the position.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great socially
Cons: sometimes not enough work to do
Mall life.....Fun place to work, but not much for advancement
fun work place with employees
Cashier (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 19, 2014
very faced paced, had to be alert and focus and deal with more than one customer at a time. hardest part of working there is that the schedule is never followed. I enjoyed my coworkers.
Champs is a overall fun and energetic work place. Everybody gets along perfectlly!
Cashier and Team Member (Current Employee), Calumet City, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: discounts on shoes, friendly co-workers, and meeting new people
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work for me is to come in to work and make sure that the floor is nice and neat so when the customers come in they want be confused. Mostly I work as a cashier, but sometimes I work as a sales associate on the floor. But no matter where I am whenever someone enters Champs I must greet them with a warm and friendly "Hello, how are you today, do you need help with anything!" When working as a cashier I collect payments, handle exchange and returns, also I look up skew numbers for shoes. When I work on the floor I am in charge of being on watch, finding shoes, and keeping tables and walls organized. while working at Champs so far I have learned how to better my people skills, work a store operated computer, stock walls and how to interact with different people. My manager is a pretty cool dude, he's easy going for the most part. He makes sure the work gets done but also makes sure that its some play instead of just serious work all the time. My co-workers are the same basically. We all manage to get along just fine, we interact with one another very well. It's always a ton of laughs throughout my work place on a day to day basis. The hardest part of the job is finding shoes in the back of the store. It's just so many and I'm so little. On the other hand I'm not complaining because practice makes perfect. The most enjoyable part for me is finding out how to work the computer and greeting all the people who come in and out the store. Its always good seeing new faces and meeting new people.

About CHAMPS

CHAMP is the worldwide leader in the sale of athletic cleats, including golf, football, soccer, baseball and track. With more – Read more

CHAMPS Salaries