CHAMPS

CHAMPS Employer Reviews

fun work enviroment
Cook (Former Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: short breaks
I just love food, and working in a face pace envirorment. Champs was a very great place to work however, I was laid off after 10 years due to down sizing.
Low pay Hard Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJDecember 8, 2014
You have to do alot of work and do not get compensated much. You work off commission.
This charter high school offers wonderful opportunites for students from all walks of life.The teachers are fantastic and prepare students for college
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CANovember 1, 2014
Pros: health care, parking.
Cons: i rarely take lunch nor breaks and work very long hours without any additional compensation.
Days at work are fast paced with numerous situations that can occur at any school. My normal day begins at 8:00 AM and normally ends at 6:00 PM. As the event coordinator, some days my work begins earlier and ends later in the day.

The culture of the school is changing due to growth of student population and different management of the school. My co-workers – more... and I work hand in hand and often help each other with tasks to complete goals. They are intelligent and hard-working and I am proud to be affilated with them.

The most difficult part of my job is when I see a student in distress or a parent/guardian who has a school or personal issue. Additionally, my personal concern is that I realize that I will never earn what I require to provide for my family as all schools are in financially challenged.

Highlights in my day are producing a successful event for the school, seeing the students achieve great goals and college acceptances, especially when they have turned themselves around, and seeing the school thrive. – less
Good opportunity for first time employement
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 20, 2014
This is a fairly easy job for part time work, consisting mainly of customer service and sales. I also had to deal with the stock room and receiving and ordering supplies and other equipment, but this is not typical of most part time associates.
productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Federal way, WaAugust 16, 2014
Pros: 30% discount on on store items
Assist customers with shoes , clothing apparel , & hats. Also experience with the cash register and stocking shipment in the back.
A lot of work with the community.
Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 13, 2014
The best part of this job was working with people less fortunate than us. It didn't even feel like I was working, while working here I grew as a person. It was great working with friends on these different projects.
Terrible ownership
Bartender (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 22, 2014
Cons: everything
There's a reason why this place was on Bar Rescue. That's really all I need to say.
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), WAJuly 18, 2014
taught me new skills in customer service every day. Stayed very busy trying to improve sale while providing customers needs and wants.
business closed
Office Administrator/Bookkeeper Asst (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: great managers
Cons: business was slow
Business has since closed down and been sold but I did enjoy working there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 7, 2014
fun workplace
Fun and a great way to meet new people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaApril 28, 2014
Pros: meeting new people daily.
Cons: not being able to advance my career.
Working at Champs was an enjoyable job. The only thing I did not like about it was the management did not allow me to try to move up in the company.I was a part-time employee working full-time hour, but my management would not let me train for the position.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great socially
Cons: sometimes not enough work to do
Mall life.....Fun place to work, but not much for advancement
fun work place with employees
Cashier (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 19, 2014
very faced paced, had to be alert and focus and deal with more than one customer at a time. hardest part of working there is that the schedule is never followed. I enjoyed my coworkers.
Champs is a overall fun and energetic work place. Everybody gets along perfectlly!
Cashier and Team Member (Current Employee), Calumet City, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: discounts on shoes, friendly co-workers, and meeting new people
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work for me is to come in to work and make sure that the floor is nice and neat so when the customers come in they want be confused. Mostly I work as a cashier, but sometimes I work as a sales associate on the floor. But no matter where I am whenever someone enters Champs I must greet them with a warm and friendly "Hello, how are you – more... today, do you need help with anything!" When working as a cashier I collect payments, handle exchange and returns, also I look up skew numbers for shoes. When I work on the floor I am in charge of being on watch, finding shoes, and keeping tables and walls organized. while working at Champs so far I have learned how to better my people skills, work a store operated computer, stock walls and how to interact with different people. My manager is a pretty cool dude, he's easy going for the most part. He makes sure the work gets done but also makes sure that its some play instead of just serious work all the time. My co-workers are the same basically. We all manage to get along just fine, we interact with one another very well. It's always a ton of laughs throughout my work place on a day to day basis. The hardest part of the job is finding shoes in the back of the store. It's just so many and I'm so little. On the other hand I'm not complaining because practice makes perfect. The most enjoyable part for me is finding out how to work the computer and greeting all the people who come in and out the store. Its always good seeing new faces and meeting new people. – less
Fun Work Enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJanuary 12, 2014
My day consisted of me making sure the store was neat and restocking shelves and assisting customers with finding specific item.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2013
Meet new people every day. Co-workers were fun. Having the customers happy was really easy. Hardest part would be finding what their looing for.
Fun and Energetic work place
Head Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee), Clifton, NJOctober 23, 2013
I was a cashier and worked at the register most of the time. i ensured a great customer experience as the last impression of the store.
great place ro work for enjoyed every minute while i was working
Great customer serviceskills (Former Employee), lanatana floridaSeptember 2, 2013
management was fun I enjoyed leading the team into prosperity.
HOLIDAY EMPLOYMENT
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAAugust 22, 2013
I WAS ONLY THERE FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME... I WORKED HARD AND LONG HOURS THE WAY I LIKE IT..I LEARNED TEAM WORK AND ENJOYED BEING AROUND PEOPLE
Productive workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), Springfield,MoAugust 16, 2013
Pros: relocation
Cons: long hours
I could not give a great review being I have not been employed there for quite some time but the had great advancement for store managers.

About CHAMPS

CHAMP is the worldwide leader in the sale of athletic cleats, including golf, football, soccer, baseball and track. With more – Read more