Chanel Employee Reviews in United States

The Wertheimer family is focused on developing & growing Gabrielle's legacy.
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 23, 2016
I was a territory manager for the Chanel Cosmetic brand within Tennessee for 9 years. The success, passion and loyalty of the Beauty Advisors that worked at the following retailers: Nordstrom, Dillards, Macys & Belk stood out from all other cosmetic brands. These sales associates had an extensive knowledge of Gabrielle Chanel's vision and commitment to excellence. Because of their elevated sales results they were highly sought after by the competition.

I have since left CHANEL, the main reason was due to the lack of support from the New York Office. Often there was no clear communication or direction from upper management. Our National meetings (held once every 6 months) was the only time we received important product information.
Only if you asked questions did you show-up on upper managements radar. Unfortunately, this also meant you were questioning the status quo. This was not looked upon favorably.
Pros
Brand heritage and customer awareness.
Cons
Lack of communication & support at field sales level.
Very busy environment in fashion very slow in fine jewelry and watches
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2016
The fashion side of Chanel was a fast paced work environment bringing a lot of people into the store. Unfortunately, the watch and fine jewelry department was not as busy.
Pros
Great company with wonderful history
Cons
Not busy enough and not enough interest in the product
Satisfied
Sr. Cognos Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 9, 2016
Great organisation to work for including culture, life balance and management. Highly recommended to work for this company. Lot of room to learn new Tech.
A fun environment to play with cosmetics.
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 18, 2016
I had a great time working with my co-workers. We all helped each other with anything. We worked as a team to make a lot of sales. I had an ok experience with management. The management was not professional and disorganized.
Pros
Great brand!
Cons
Management was a mess.
Productive and fun job
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR Freelance (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2016
Work mostly weekend and holidays. Fun atmosphere. Meet great people. This is a great job for part time work because hours are limited. Account Executive are wonderful and get a lot of training to help you in the field for the future.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Work mostly weekend and holiday. limited hours.
products sold themselves with no push
Lancome Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2016
great days with huge sales
products sold themselves
management could have been better.
coworkers were awesome
slow days were the hardest
enjoyable days were meeting clients needs
Pros
great customers
Cons
slow business
Productive workplace with great team
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2016
-Loved the team
-Management was great
-Decent hours
-Motivated team members
-Weekly meetings kept everyone informed and on track
Pros
Great management team, great team dynamic, high morale
Cons
Always working weekends, no compensation for interns, competitive selling environment
Fast paced, productive.
Beauty Expert (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2016
As a member of the traveling team of freelance makeup artists i learned how to assist and follow Chanel protocol. I worked alongside the National Makeup artist and assisted in reaching event goals.
Product Knowledge
Chanel cosmetics skin care specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 28, 2016
Product Knowledge
Working with different people all the time.
Time Management
I worked well with my co-wokers and learned from them daily
Standing all the time.
Working with people
Chanel is a good company that I had the luxury to work for and I have learned a lot from co-workers and management.
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work is being a team player and servicing my customers while at the same time maintaining Chanel's Credibility and Brand. I learned to be a team player and recognize that my job is part of the bigger operation. All details matter.
Pros
Kind co-workers and lunch company.
Cons
a few toxic co-workers who put a damper on my day.
good place to work
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
good place to work and grow experience. very fast peace but everyone enjoy their work. the hardest part of the work is we travelled a lot. so dont really hv personal life. bur after awhile, i found a way to balance the personal life and work.
Fun place to work with a lot of different personalities to learn from
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Working for Chanel was an awesome experience. I worked in the Bloomingdales location on lexington avenue. My co-workers made the hours fly by and there was always something new to learn. Had to keep all areas cleansed and sanitized as well as the MUA brushes. Stocking and being responsible of inventory helped me learn more about the products Chanel sold.
Wonderful Company
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2015
I spend a typical day keeping my area up to standards and helping clients with purchases. Management only gets involved when necessary. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with co-workers that aren't team players. The most enjoyable part of the job is maintaining relationships with clientele.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Chanel taught me a lot about the difference between customer service and clientele. Overall it was a very fun and exciting place to work at.
Pros
Met great people
Cons
no cons
Amazing and glamorous
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJAugust 14, 2012
•Communicating the unique benefits of CHANEL skincare and color products
•Increasing sales through demonstration
•Building the CHANEL customer circle by establishing a relationship with new customers
•Consistently being aware of competitive products, events and traffic
•Good relationship management skills and natural problem solver
Pros
everything
Cons
short breaks
Each department worked seperately. Most were not team players. Lots of tension between supervisors.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2015
I loved my job! I was happy with co-workers, just wished they would stop fighting with each other. It created an uncomfortable environment.
Pros
Great food during executive meetings.
Cons
wish co-workers were nice to each other.
Chanel
Freelance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 29, 2013
I enjoyed working for Chanel when I was in high school and after I graduated. I gained sales experience which built a foundation for me to sale based on features and benefits of the products.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
upward mobility and promotion
Productive and enjoyable workplace where I could work creatively and either independently or with a team.
Fashion Advisor (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJune 1, 2015
A typical day working at Chanel involved providing excellent customer service, while demonstrating my professionalism, creativity, and passion for the brand. I learned a lot about my personal strengths and weaknesses, but mostly about the importance of maintaining relationships with my clients. My management team and co-workers were all terrific people to work with. They each brought something unique to Chanel and helped me find my own special place within the company. The most difficult part of my job was keeping up with the company policies. When working with a luxury brand such as Chanel, there are a lot of rules and regulations that must be followed at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the people who shopped there and the products they were shopping for. I received the most pleasure helping a client find exactly what they are looking for. For me, making other people happy is what fulfills me. If my job can do that for me, I know I'm on the right path.
Pros
Comission, good hours
Good leadership and productive company
Chanel Sales Support Specialiste' (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 27, 2013
Fantastic company to work for to work I am able to travel to different locations if available as a freelance artist.
Pros
compensation
Cons
consultant work is per diem
Fast paced work place
FASHION ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2015
Difficult work but very rewarding. You have to live up to the Chanel reputation and make sure to make goals but definitely a rewarding job! If you are someone who love challenges, definitely a place to work!

4.4