Chanel

Chanel Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Chanel taught me a lot about the difference between customer service and clientele. Overall it was a very fun and exciting place to work at.
Pros
Met great people
Cons
no cons
Fun place to work with a lot of different personalities to learn from
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Working for Chanel was an awesome experience. I worked in the Bloomingdales location on lexington avenue. My co-workers made the hours fly by and there was always something new to learn. Had to keep all areas cleansed and sanitized as well as the MUA brushes. Stocking and being responsible of inventory helped me learn more about the products Chanel sold.
Wonderful Company
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2015
I spend a typical day keeping my area up to standards and helping clients with purchases. Management only gets involved when necessary. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with co-workers that aren't team players. The most enjoyable part of the job is maintaining relationships with clientele.
Each department worked seperately. Most were not team players. Lots of tension between supervisors.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2015
I loved my job! I was happy with co-workers, just wished they would stop fighting with each other. It created an uncomfortable environment.
Pros
Great food during executive meetings.
Cons
wish co-workers were nice to each other.
Fast paced work place
FASHION ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2015
Difficult work but very rewarding. You have to live up to the Chanel reputation and make sure to make goals but definitely a rewarding job! If you are someone who love challenges, definitely a place to work!
Learning and productive workplace on high fashion.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2015
The employees are great, which creates an amazing team. They have a lot of knowledge on all the products, along with other brand products to help with the comparison and customers wavering decisions.
Pros
Caring
Cons
Holiday season
best experience ever
Stagier (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CTAugust 26, 2015
This company take a lot of care of their employers. I had a lot of masterclass to know the brand better and the luxury world. Friendly managers and team
Amazing and luxurious cosmetic line with quality all around.
Beauty Artist - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Rancho CucamongaJuly 23, 2015
The name speaks for itself. Chanel is the most luxurious line and professional cosmetic line to work for. You not only feel like you're being hoenst with the client, but your being honest to the line by 100% supporting the quality you are selling.
Pros
Quality of service and product, school training, gratis, etc.
Cons
Really don't have any Cons about this company.
Great placed to work.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami,FlJuly 16, 2015
Fun work place to work. Very friendly and supportive management as well as other employees. If you like make up and trend savvy join them. Frequent National Make Up Artist events. You just have fun when ever you work there.
Pros
It Is really an amazing company to work for.
Cons
None that I can think of right out the bat.
Fun and exiting work place
Freelance Make-Up Artist (Current Employee) –  San Fransisco, CaJuly 14, 2015
Great company to work for, we let our creativity shine and it was always great to put a smile on a customers face. Great products, great coworkers and overall great environment.
High Fashion team work.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2015
Amazing Trainings for Costumer Service and Knowledge for new collections applications to costumers.
High Organization as management and sales.
Great products.
Keeps me on my toes
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 4, 2015
We start our day by checking our goals. I need to make a certain about of money each day, if I don't I get really frustrated with myself. I take my job very seriously and go above and beyond everyday not only for my customers, but for myself and department. I get a long with everyone and am fair when it comes to sales. The most enjoyable part of my job is making people feel good.
Productive and enjoyable workplace where I could work creatively and either independently or with a team.
Fashion Advisor (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJune 1, 2015
A typical day working at Chanel involved providing excellent customer service, while demonstrating my professionalism, creativity, and passion for the brand. I learned a lot about my personal strengths and weaknesses, but mostly about the importance of maintaining relationships with my clients. My management team and co-workers were all terrific people to work with. They each brought something unique to Chanel and helped me find my own special place within the company. The most difficult part of my job was keeping up with the company policies. When working with a luxury brand such as Chanel, there are a lot of rules and regulations that must be followed at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the people who shopped there and the products they were shopping for. I received the most pleasure helping a client find exactly what they are looking for. For me, making other people happy is what fulfills me. If my job can do that for me, I know I'm on the right path.
Pros
Comission, good hours
Amazing place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2015
The first thing I do is check the emails and communications from the corporate report, assign goals and strategies to the BA's, followed to help to set the displays from the merchandise, coordinate the current events along with the upcoming ones. Be ready for a store morning meeting where numbers plan are discussed versus Last Year mark.
Greet and assign each Business Associates with a business strategy in order to create a fun place and a great opportunity to make goals!

The hardest part of the job is to assist clients whom does not speak english or spanish, but thanks to the fact that I work in a multicultural place, I am always able to find a translator to assist in the communication.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to meet my clients on a level of 100% satisfaction.
Pros
Due to my reputation, I am completely trusted at what I do. Decision making, etc
Cons
The hours of operations are inconsistent
Self motivated hardworking individual
Sales Driven
Close relationships amongst peers
Exceeding sales goals
bloomingdales
Beauty Advisor/Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  hackensack, njFebruary 26, 2015
typical day at work was to restock and check what customers had to called for replenishment. check whats new in the dept in regards to events. clean and restock counter.

what i learned is the management in bloomingdales dont appreciate good hard workers, but keep workers that take full advantage of store policies.

what i did enjoy of the job was communicating with people my loyalness to my customers and the company i represented which was CHANEL.
Pros
customers
Cons
poor management
Productive work place
Fashion Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2015
Fun and fast pace environment. As an employee, you are able to meet different types of clients everyday and have the resource to provide excellent customer service to each of the client's who walk in.
Chanel
Free Lancer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2015
It was an amazing job. I handed out perfume samples and passed it on to sales associates. My boss was so sweet and helpful. She was very grateful and friendly. My co-workers were like a family. I enjoyed interacting with the clients and selling Chanel perfume to them.
Blosomming Opportunity
Regional Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 17, 2014
On a daily basis, I was a beauty professional specialized in marketing and promoting beauty products especially makeup. I was a well-trained professional in handling and applying makeup. I suggested the customers the right combination of colors for their skin and face. I also demonstrated the use and proper application of the said products.
fun and great
cleaner (Former Employee) –  emporiumOctober 8, 2014
cleaning vacuum dust window dsnkjdnsd njkfsdnlsdnlkndlkndd dndlsnlsndn dndsnldsnslkndskld ldnksdndsl
Pros
enough time
Cons
few hours

4.3