Chanel Employee Reviews

Keeps me on my toes
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 4, 2015
We start our day by checking our goals. I need to make a certain about of money each day, if I don't I get really frustrated with myself. I take my job very seriously and go above and beyond everyday not only for my customers, but for myself and department. I get a long with everyone and am fair when it comes to sales. The most enjoyable part of my job is making people feel good.
bloomingdales
Beauty Advisor/Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  hackensack, njFebruary 26, 2015
typical day at work was to restock and check what customers had to called for replenishment. check whats new in the dept in regards to events. clean and restock counter.

what i learned is the management in bloomingdales dont appreciate good hard workers, but keep workers that take full advantage of store policies.

what i did enjoy of the job was communicating with people my loyalness to my customers and the company i represented which was CHANEL.
Pros
customers
Cons
poor management
Great placed to work.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami,FlJuly 16, 2015
Fun work place to work. Very friendly and supportive management as well as other employees. If you like make up and trend savvy join them. Frequent National Make Up Artist events. You just have fun when ever you work there.
Pros
It Is really an amazing company to work for.
Cons
None that I can think of right out the bat.
Fantastic employer, great work training, and I love my co-workers and employees.
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMay 29, 2012
A typical day begins with checking and recording business figures from the previous day, setting goals for my associates, and making sure I follow through with contacting clients to thank them for their purchases and make sure they know I appreciate their business. The best part of my job is when a client arrives to the CHANEL counter not feeling that she looks her best, but leaves with a smile, walking tall and confident. I also enjoy searching for, securing and executing outside events that bring our business additional revenue in an out of the box scenario.
Awesome Management and Team
Sales, Demos, Product Knowledge (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire/ Los AngelesOctober 29, 2012
Typical day can range from sales, educational classes, coordinating events and demonstrating products on the clients

I have learned all aspects of the cosmetic field and gained a lot of experience from management

Co workers are helpful, fun and passionate

Everything is enjoyable about this job when you have a passion for it and the company is great to you
Pros
management/employees/organization skills
Cons
agency payroll
Learning and productive workplace on high fashion.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2015
The employees are great, which creates an amazing team. They have a lot of knowledge on all the products, along with other brand products to help with the comparison and customers wavering decisions.
Pros
Caring
Cons
Holiday season
Fast paced work place
FASHION ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2015
Difficult work but very rewarding. You have to live up to the Chanel reputation and make sure to make goals but definitely a rewarding job! If you are someone who love challenges, definitely a place to work!
Amazing and glamorous
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJAugust 14, 2012
•Communicating the unique benefits of CHANEL skincare and color products
•Increasing sales through demonstration
•Building the CHANEL customer circle by establishing a relationship with new customers
•Consistently being aware of competitive products, events and traffic
•Good relationship management skills and natural problem solver
Pros
everything
Cons
short breaks
Blosomming Opportunity
Regional Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 17, 2014
On a daily basis, I was a beauty professional specialized in marketing and promoting beauty products especially makeup. I was a well-trained professional in handling and applying makeup. I suggested the customers the right combination of colors for their skin and face. I also demonstrated the use and proper application of the said products.
Amazing place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2015
The first thing I do is check the emails and communications from the corporate report, assign goals and strategies to the BA's, followed to help to set the displays from the merchandise, coordinate the current events along with the upcoming ones. Be ready for a store morning meeting where numbers plan are discussed versus Last Year mark.
Greet and assign each Business Associates with a business strategy in order to create a fun place and a great opportunity to make goals!

The hardest part of the job is to assist clients whom does not speak english or spanish, but thanks to the fact that I work in a multicultural place, I am always able to find a translator to assist in the communication.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to meet my clients on a level of 100% satisfaction.
Pros
Due to my reputation, I am completely trusted at what I do. Decision making, etc
Cons
The hours of operations are inconsistent

Want to know more about Chanel?

Ask a question
CHANEL, the best!
Manager, Creative Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2013
I worked for CHANEL as Manager, Creative Services for
10 years, 1984-1994. Looking back I realize that the company,
my job, my boss and fellow employees, were the best you are going to find anywhere. I miss it. The only reason I resigned was that I wanted out of NY, otherwise I'd probably still be there.
A real class act. CHANEL, the best.
Fun Workplace and Professional and Friendly Staff
Intern (Event Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 6, 2014
As a intern a typical day included, but not limited to:
• Assisted manager with Daily Tasks
• Worked with Event Coordinator Organizing Private Events in Media • Assisted 2009 Fall Debut Trunk Show • Charge-Sends, Transfers and Out-of-Region Holds
Great work atmosphere
Fashion Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2013
Typical day at work:

-Usually would work along the side of the social media coordinator finding articles via websites & blogs in relation to company
-Assisted at fashion events
-Helped with sample send outs & returns to various photo shoots
-Helped work on presentations
-Executive requests
-Update media lists

What I learned:
-The importance of social media in promoting a positive image for a company
-How there is a great deal of preparation that goes in to preparing for fashion events

Management:
-Supervisors were excellent & always willing to help

Co-Workers:
-Other fashion PR interns were very pleasant to work with

Hardest Part of Internship:
-Making sure all samples were submitted to the right photo shoot & making sure all the samples used in photo shoots were returned back to Chanel

Most Enjoyable Part of Job:
-Working in a fun atmosphere
-Having supervisors that were more than willing to help if needed
Fun and exiting work place
Freelance Make-Up Artist (Current Employee) –  San Fransisco, CaJuly 14, 2015
Great company to work for, we let our creativity shine and it was always great to put a smile on a customers face. Great products, great coworkers and overall great environment.
Chanel
Free Lancer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2015
It was an amazing job. I handed out perfume samples and passed it on to sales associates. My boss was so sweet and helpful. She was very grateful and friendly. My co-workers were like a family. I enjoyed interacting with the clients and selling Chanel perfume to them.
Great intern experience at Chanel!
Fine Jewelry and Watch retail intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2014
I worked as intern at fine jewelry and watch department at Chanel and I learned a lot about the luxury market.
Pros
People are nice and I love their culture. You got the chance to learn new things everyday.
Cons
No sales to intern.
Chanel
Freelance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 29, 2013
I enjoyed working for Chanel when I was in high school and after I graduated. I gained sales experience which built a foundation for me to sale based on features and benefits of the products.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Upward mobility and promotion
best experience ever
Stagier (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CTAugust 26, 2015
This company take a lot of care of their employers. I had a lot of masterclass to know the brand better and the luxury world. Friendly managers and team
Self motivated hardworking individual
Sales Driven
Close relationships amongst peers
Exceeding sales goals
The Best
Sales Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 28, 2012
One of the best companies , best paid wonderful rep comunication very pleasant enviroment grate insurance very oriented costumer service,best make-up and skin treatment,elegant , good prices fun work place
Pros
very well remunerate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chanel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4