Change Healthcare Employee Reviews

excellent
Healthcare Representative (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 5, 2017
This is truly a great company, it is a contract job working for the hospital but excellent benefits and independence. I had knowledgeable management team and very supportive. The company would take good care of the employee. The benefits are outstanding they provided company perks that are very rewording. The tool to do your job are always present and they help you along the way to set you up on what you need. The communication with upper management is great and you don't feel like you are under them rather your working as a team.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
contract job at hospital
I LOVED working at Change Healthcare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 9, 2016
I actually worked as a contractor here, and just loved the whole atmosphere at this office - the coworkers were awesome, the management was approachable and fair, and it was probably one of my most favorite jobs.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry/impatient pharmacists who were having trouble processing the discount coupons, or dealing with those who just wouldn't listen to your instructions. However, after a time, the problem got resolved and the pharmacist would hang up satisfied with their experience.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, good pay, good equipment to work with, good training
Actually we do have a ping pong table
Enrollment Representative II (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 28, 2016
You are busy all day long that time goes by fast.

I have to keep up with the multitude of payers and I am responsible to check status on a daily basis. Always having to keep up with their enrollment instructions, never know when they will change.

Our managers are always looking for different ways to get us involved with activities outside of the job force.

I work with the best coworkers; we are more like a family.

Always worrying about the next set of layoffs.

Working with a great group of people.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Cut backs.
Productive Fun workplace
Project Manager - Clinical/Lab Support (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 11, 2017
Was normally organized. I had one of the best team lead that had a great management style and was a outstanding teacher. There was many ongoing training session on Claims Formatting, HIPAA Compliance, every aspect of the claims. The hardest part of the job was pay was low and market rate. The most enjoyable part was the coworker they were family.
Cons
pay
Don't work for this company if you are a 1099 contractor.
Project Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 1, 2016
Started working on a project with CHC and they had a bad relationship with the client. I decided not continue and resigned from the project. In retaliation they are trying to figure a way to not pay me for the two weeks I worked for them.

Their admin is rude. I had to work with their corporate office. Still waiting for my check 5 days later. Filing with California Labor Board.
Pros
Cons
Pays once a month. Refuses to pay you if you leave.
Na
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 24, 2017
Chaotic which is typical of a company going thru growth and trying to establish themselves in a positive manner. Overall, CH had good intent, but lacked the experience and leadership to effectively execute. I think in two or three years, they will be a formidable force in the corporate healthcare community especially now with McKesson's involvement.
Great management and productive employees
Implementation/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 4, 2016
The work environment was pleasant because everyone on my team worked together and went the extra mile to get the job done. You didn't have to worry about slackers on the team.The workload was full but you always had someone there willing to help and provide you with the tools you needed to get the job done.
Pros
management, team environment, friendly
Cons
full workload daily
Interviewed for healthcare rep
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 25, 2016
I had phone interview with HR, manager interview and director phone interview. I was lead to believe I would get the position. I had to keep following up with HR. I first had the phone interview and when I finally found out I was not chosen, it was 3 months later. I liked the pay offered, and benefits. Wished it would have worked out. Sad I wasn't a great fit.
Pros
benefits offered
Cons
HR and managers/directors not on page with who they want in company. Need better communication.
Growing
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOOctober 10, 2016
A typical day at work for me involves customer contact via phone, fax, email and at times face to face. I learned how to train new employees, delegate tasks to my team for the best results and I learned how to get everyone involved. The most enjoyable part of my job is the family environment. The hardest part about my job is trying to advance to other departments.
Not a good company to work with
Senior Health Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 15, 2016
I found myself working above and beyond the required responsibilities of my job and was never recognized or acknowledged. Management was condescending pay was not comparable.
Pros
benefit package is good
Cons
bad management, no growth, no encouragement

Want to know more about Change Healthcare?

Ask a question
Very good, nice people
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 7, 2017
Good working conditions until very abrupt layoff with possibly illegal 1 week break in health insurance. They gave me laptop, docking station and two monitors to use remotely. They paid all expenses when I visited the office.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lousy layoff policy
productive place to work for
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Good company to work for. typical day consisted of visiting with patient and assist in Federal/State as well as county assistance along with obtaining information due to MVA. Most enjoyable part of work was dealing with the public and assisting with programs deemed at assisting the patients.
Pros
assisting the patient (s) and the public in general
Cons
Schedule
Typical work day at Change Healthcare
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 10, 2016
Energizing and motivating. Working in sales each day was different but challenging. You have goals and sales to achieve. Also mtg new clients and building relationships as their trusted advisor was an asset.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
too many conf calls
Undergoing a lot of changes with merger
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLOctober 21, 2016
I worked remotely as an analyst. I loved the individuals I worked with but the culture of communication and common vision was not great. Most of my work was very routine and task-oriented.
Pros
working remotely, flexibility.
Cons
uncertainty with mergers
Friendly work environment. Good benefits.
Manager / Applications Systems Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 1, 2017
Development, testing, customer interaction, payer interaction. Training and mentoring developers. Good teamwork environment as well as the ability to work independently.
Seattle field office rocked - technology, process & culture
Scrum Master & Culture Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2016
The Seattle office was exemplary. We proved that teams could be highly productive with Agile, and that Amazon Web Services could be used to rapidly build secure healthcare IT products. And, we built a culture that was envied by the rest of the company. In short, we were a little laboratory for technology, processes and culture.
Pros
Fun environment, Consistently rated "Best team I've worked for", Collaborative, Respectful, Safe, Attention to IQ and EQ
Cons
Hard to affect product and culture across 40+ acquisitions (AKA remote offices)
Must be able to work independently
HEDIS field reviewer (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIOctober 27, 2016
Because of time difference, and Busy IT it is difficult to get support when needed. Sent out to various clinics to gather information for HEDIS reviewers. Work alone, travel from one clinic to another. Must be able to adapt to various EMR systems.
New Company
Clinical Auditor (Current Employee) –  Standford, KYAugust 2, 2016
Change Healthcare is new to Kentucky. Although I love my job and enjoy my everyday work, coworkers and environment, the company is new and everything at this time is still in the trial and error phase. The hardest part about my job is not knowing the day to day. Because the company is still in the trial and error phase many people including management don't know the expectation of our day to day jobs.
Pros
private desk, wonderful coworkers, great benifits
Cons
new company still in trial and error phase
Life changing workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
Change Healthcare is one of the best places to work. Company culture is awesome! Always a reason to acknowledge and celebrate the people who live to change other peoples lives for the better.
Pros
Eventful
Cons
stressful
Lies and layoffs
Universal Advocate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 13, 2016
I believe it was a temp position that they misrepresented at full time permanent management was not helpful and there was no room to advance.We were to be with the company 1 year before being able to advance or look into other positions however the job department was let go 1 month shy of that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Change Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9