Change Healthcare Employee Reviews

I choose not to participate
DEC (Current Employee) –  MaineSeptember 23, 2017
I choose not to participate in this review. The company that I work for provides plenty of opportunities to provide feedback and I answer their questions.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
You can come in and do your job and not be bothered.
Learned correct procedures for inputting their data.
Management open door policy.
Hardest part is nothing.
Most enjoyable part is nothing.
Pros
good management
Cons
short breaks
Great potential
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
The company has acquired a great set of assets over the years. However, little progress has been made to integrate those assets. New management from McKesson may help the company realize its full potential.
Excellent Work environment
Medical Records Field Hedis Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2017
Great place to learn and grow. Work can be up and down but overall its a nice place to work. I have gain a lot of experience and and knowlege and have met some amazing people along the way
Great company to work for.
RN Assessor (Current Employee) –  MaineSeptember 8, 2017
Great group of co-workers, team environment. Room for career growth with great benefits and salary. The position requires many hours of traveling which can get tiresome. PTO is encouraged by management to maintain healthy employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
A lot of travel
Great management
Healthcare Representative (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 6, 2017
I have had the pleasure of working under a superior manager, who was very flexible and put work, life balance into perspective. Helping people was the most enjoyable part of my job.
change
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 6, 2017
this is a new company that has brought out McKesson so things are still being put in place and changing everyday. Working to set things in stone and see whats next
Okay place
Patient Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 5, 2017
Very good benefits. No work life balance, can be very stressful. Love my manager. Learned a lot about the ER and how to handle certain people and situations.
Great benefits and work life balance, terrible management with little to no advancement
Data Entry Representative (Current Employee) –  Data entry representativeSeptember 3, 2017
The workload is constantly unbalanced between workers, management is poorly trained, and advancement is nearly non-existent. The benefits are nice but not worth the poor pay, and lackluster employee treatment.
Mismanagment from the top
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 2, 2017
It was a good company except that they hired too many people so had to lay most of them off. They won't be looking for new hires anytime soon with the merger and "revenue discrepancy" they found. There's a lot of outsourcing on things that you wouldn't think should be too.
Pros
hours, compensation
Cons
Barely got started before they laid off a bunch of people
This is not the company
WebMD, Contracts Planner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2017
I didn't work for this company. Change Healthcare isn't a company that I am aware of. I worked for WebMD. The real estate department was phased out with the portions of the company that required real estate.
Employees have been there to long as a result it is hard to maintain a non-bias environment.
Culture Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2017
It's an easy place to work but some managers are not fair and they will prevent you from moving up if they feel you are doing a good job in your position. The following policy is not consistent, there is always a gray area that company always likes to fall back on.
Challenging and rewarding experience.
Accounts Receivable Specialist 3 (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 28, 2017
Prioritized work load. Reviewed high dollars denied accounts for clean submission for reimbursement. Resolving difficult claims with the insurance carrier for reimbursement.
Pros
Resolving difficult claims/appelas for reimbursement.
Cons
Having to wait for someone else to complete my tasks.
Not bad
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 27, 2017
Not bad but culture is slow.
Lots of potential if you are proactive.
Offices spread out so face to face productivity is limited.
Lots of opportunity to work from home if that is something important for some people.
Not your everyday job...
Health Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJAugust 26, 2017
Change Healthcare is a large corporation. I was in the Coverage Discovery Advocacy division, and our business depended on contracts with hospital systems. The hospitals, per contract, had to provide office space. The space provided was not always the best, and I was the only person representing CHC in three of the hospitals. My contact with my managers and the other 70 people in my division was via email, phone, text, and occasional staff meetings. I did learn much about the inside operations of hospitals, collaborating with Financial and Social Work employees. I enjoyed the people in the department I worked in, but most of them had no clue what I actually did!
It was my job to interview patients for eligibility for benefits, and then to apply. So half of my day was spent seeing self-pay patients in their rooms, and hearing their stories. A humbling experience.
Pros
Good people in the office, being able to help patients
Cons
Long commute
Success
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 26, 2017
Good opportunities to grow within a national fast growing company. Top leadership has incredible history of leading companies down a path of growth and success.
Decent pay and compensation
Bilingual Healthcare Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 25, 2017
This is a good company to work for. The only bad part is that it is contract-based work, so you can be out of a job if the contract isn't renewed. Also, managers can be changed at any time, which can be disruptive.
Great place
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work. Salary is OK for entry level position. My coworkers are great. A LOT of free food. Managers usually have your back when it comes to issues.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
salary
Not room for advancement
Medical Coder and Biller (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MI50August 22, 2017
Upper Management does encourage employees to submit items that may need to be changed to increase revenue
However when these suggestions are given they are not put as a priority.
Everything is put to the side
When I began working there the culture was great the people had a lot of fun
SalesForce Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2017
After the company was purchased by a Venture Capital company things went consistently downhill from there. Bonus' went away parties and other amenities went away that made it fun. Each year fewer and fewer people were expected to do more and more with less.
Pros
great location
Cons
Felt like a number when I was layed off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Change Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8