Change Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not a good place to work
ILST (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 5, 2017
I came in with lots of experience and a BS Degree..They didn't honor that and offer me a very low rate of pay. They said they paid this low rate because of the client waiver but they're a agency that can pay staff any rate of pay. It appears they always hiring because they're the lowest paid agency. Hopefully they make changes because the staff appears to be very nice.. hopefully the owner is listening.
Cons
Low pay
Charge staff for everything
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJuly 17, 2017
I was hired on the spot at this agency, and was asked to take a photo from HR's cell phone for the badge before I left that day. These should have raised red flags. They gave me a total of 4 hours in the few months I worked there, after insisting they were growing and would have many hours to give out.
They are a FOR PROFIT agency, which I did not know when hired.
They charge staff for their badges and First aid kits (which I was charged for and never received) and also the uniforms. They do not tell you this upon hire, but at the orientation. Also for trainings and orientation they pay you minimum wage.
They are very disorganized, offer you cases outside of your travel area and seem to have repeat consumer complaints.
These complaints stem from the consumers wanting and expecting maids rather then staff following the consumers treatment plans and doing what they were hired for.
All in all to disorganized, hire without checking references and doing background checks.
They do not value staff and their focus is on profit. If you are looking for something steady, professional, and organized do not look here.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
They are out for profit, disorganized and mislead employees.
Cliquish
Patient Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJuly 6, 2017
My experience at Change, Inc. was not a good one. I was released in less than 2 months because they said I didn't work up to "their" standards. I was making to many scheduling mistakes.

When I would ask a question about certain doctors' locations, I was snapped at that I needed to check my notebook, which I did, I was just verifying what was in the notebook.
Very low pay
Direct care worker, elder care (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTMay 29, 2017
I was fortunate enough to be placed with a very nice woman. I shopped for her, took her to appointments and helped clean her house. I also did her laundry, she was very appreciative. For the service I provided I should have been paid at least $12 per hour, but the pay is minimum wage, no benefits. You get paid for mileage .23 cents and trust me you will be using and putting lots of miles and wear and tear on your vehicle..
Pros
Pleasant clients
Cons
Low pay
Nice elderly people
Homemaker and Companion (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMay 17, 2017
My day consist of grocery shopping, transporting store to store, putting away groceries, light household chores and accompanying and supervising the elderly daily activities. I learned to be patient while working with the elderly. I enjoyed hearing my clients thank me for just helping them daily and knowing i'm impacting their lives.
Pros
free meals, enjoy the weather
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work, amazing providers and sone of the best co workers I have ever had!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVNovember 26, 2016
Really wonderful place to work, had some issues that were unrelated to my job and had to be let go but this was in no way their fault. If I had the chance to work for this company again I would jump at it! Wonderful staff and management, great pay and benefits. Loved it there!