ChannelAdvisor Corporation Employee Reviews

Lack of direction and consistency
Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2017
Company rumors about layoffs.
Lack of communication between departments.
Nepitism is rampant in some departments.
Sales department is a complete joke.
Benefits
Cons
Nepitism, Lack of consistent direction
Good Place to work - questionable quotas
Enterprise Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2016
ChannelAdvisor is a good place to work with excellent management. I was in sales and the accounts that I was given to work with were not on par with the quota I was given.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Unreasonable quotas
A lot of changes, less security
Mid Market Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Morissville NCJune 18, 2015
I loved working for this company at first. I had a great manager, a great team and a lot of support when I first started. The ramp up period is 8 months, and I was 161% to goal my first QTR out of training, however, 4 months into my employment the company let go of half of the companies work force.

I was kept on as a result of my performance but my new hire manager was demoted to a sales associate, and I was put on another team with a manager who is used to managing a tenured team and I've had very little support since this shift.

The original founder and CEO has been demoted into a chairman role. The new CEO has not been transparent in regards to the direction the organization is headed in at this point.
Pros
The pay is good. very competitive
Cons
Very little security.
Inside Sales Specialist
Inside Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  MorrisvilleMay 21, 2015
I would make 50+ outbound calls to retailers with deep inventories of products. Our solution could help automate the listing process and also expand retailers' presence on multiple online marketplaces. I loved the culture and the environment but it was a really tough sell because it was very expensive compared to our competition.
Great corporate culture- Young company with lots of potential but growing pains
Manager, Global Project Office (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 8, 2014
ChannelAdvisor is a very dynamic firm with an amazing amount of talent and potential. The company sells and services an industry leading product that has huge potential for growth with the ever expanding e-commerce marketplaces. That said, the rate of growth, combined with a lack of discipline and operational challenges make for a very long day trying to deal with the inevitable break down in the processes and procedures, causing rework and ultimately impacting the customer experience.

The company is very silo-ed and still learning to better intertwine their various department goals to focus on the big picture and drive value to their clients. I have high hopes for the firm but its going to be a long road to get to success.
Pros
Very relaxed culture, focus on the workers and their quality of life
Cons
Long hours, under staffed, very reactive environment
Not a BAD Place to work just not the Best...
Digital Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 7, 2014
ChannelAdvisor is a growing and changing company that is on the cusp of being really great. With it's relaxed dress code, bright and modern office space and excting culture, being a face in this crowd can be a lot of fun. The company bought pizza for the World Cup, provides BBQ Food Trucks for NCAA Basketball, has HUGE Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Parties and it a fun place to be. The problem is that there is no defined career path for most departments and it lends to people staying in one place for a long time. It is hard to want to stay at a company when it doesn't seem like they anticipate your growth. Management doesn't encourage cross team building or training and that lends to a sense of distrust among colleagues. Communication isn't always the best and it is not encouraged to get better.
Pros
Great perks and benefits, Modern workspace, and evolving environment
Cons
No defined career path, under utlization of all skills had by the workforce, very poor communication, lack of strong and direct leadership
Great Company Culture
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 28, 2014
This place has a great company culture and there is a lot of room for advancement in many departments. We have proven a solution and continue to be successful over the years.
Pros
Great work environment and company culture
Cons
Location, building, some positions can be burn out jobs
great company
Product Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 8, 2014
was there back when it was a $25MM revenue company and have seen it grow tremendously. good people, great environment.
Great Company to Work for
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 24, 2013

a typical day at work, involves a lot of prospecting and managing my pipeline.
management, they let you work as if you're running your'e own business and there is no micromanagement involved.
what you learned, I've learned ton's about the eCommerce landscape, how to effectively prospect and work a variety of sales deals.
your co-workers, are great as it's a casual laid back enviornment. Very open and fun.
the hardest part of the job, just like any sales job is the constant grind and reset of goals every quarter.
the most enjoyable part of the job, the culture and being a thought leader in the industry as one of the most advanced solutions out there.