Channelinsight, Inc. is the global leader in cloud-based channel sales management solutions. The company’s success has prompted Gartner to name Channelinsight a Cool Vendor for 2012 in the Sales, Channel and Marketing category.
Their channel business productivity applications provide high tech original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with continuous visibility into channel sales, inventory, incentive and discount management from the partner all the way to the end-customer. Channelinsight uses automated, patented matching technology to provide accurate, standardized POS and inventory data which allows manufacturers to grow their sales revenues, while controlling costs.
Channelinsight is proud of our business and technology partnerships. We are an OEM partner with Salesforce.com, and partner with Xactly, BigMachines and Hawkeye, as well as top systems integrators Accenture, PWC, KPMG and Infosys to bring complete channel management solutions to high tech manufacturers.
The company is privately held, with corporate headquarters in Denver, CO and Silicon Valley.
The Director of Sales will primarily be a hunter, pursuing new enterprise accounts. This is a senior level independent contributor position and will play a key role in growing Channelinsight’s client base and further development of the sales organization. The right candidate for our Director position will have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales objectives and demonstrates strategic career growth.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed assigned sales objectives and quotas through effective development/management of sales cycle and pipeline activity.
- Work within an assigned region to increase product exposure, identify key market opportunities and develop business relationships with new clients.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key account decision makers.
- Understand product features, benefits and can communicate technical aspects in a basic and understandable manner.
- Work with customers to understand and identify their needs and objectives.
- Deliver persuasive and logical sales presentations to match products with identified needs.
- Maintain a full pipeline of qualified opportunities.
- Responsible for full sales lifecycle from prospecting to close.
Required Business Experience:
- 7+ years software solution selling to the large High Technology OEM companies and/or Saas space.
- Experience with software solution selling and navigating in Fortune 500
companies including the sales of software, professional services and the closing
of complex contracts.
- Proven success identifying new business opportunities from “hunter” sales activities.
- Broad technical skills and awareness: Must have a strong passion for how technology can deliver real value for our Customers and Reporting Partners.
- Experience in a start-up, fast-paced, data-driven, and customer-focused environment also a plus.
- Proven ability to communicate complex solutions to a wide variety of decision-makers and interface with executive management, clients and staff at all levels.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com.
- Strong operational skills, experience and understanding.
- Experience in the channel industry a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in information technology, business or related field
This role qualifies for a competitive base salary, strong commission structure, stock and a comprehensive benefits package.