The Information Systems Analyst guides planning, design, maintenance and provides technical support for Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) and VOIP Telephone system. The ISA is responsible for supporting existing systems, analyzing, making recommendations and implementing technology based solutions within Chapa-De Indian Health Program.
1. Designs, configures, monitors and optimizes local and wide area networks and printers for optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance and reasonable costs.
2. Analyzes and recommends appropriate network configurations to meet agency’s needs and departmental standards.
3. Installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots network hardware and software such as switches, routers, servers, security firewalls, bridges and gateways.
4. Performs preventive and fault isolation maintenance on the local and wide area networks, tests and debugs programs and systems by analyzing them to determine likely problem areas, constructing and using sample data to test programs or system failures.
5. Assists with technical expertise when troubleshooting, isolating and diagnosing common network problems within Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN).
6. Analyzes and resolves technical problems for end users.
7. Develops, installs, maintains and documents upgrades to phone servers, file servers, desktop PCs, printers, operating systems and other related peripherals and software packages.
8. Ensures licensing requirements are met for all agency software.
9. Researches, recommends, implements and tests network security hardware and software.
10. Administers agency email – create/delete accounts, troubleshoot and train.
11. Develops and maintains network security protocols.
12. Creates/maintains and monitors user accounts for all file servers and workstations.
13. Provides network documentation, training and guidance to Chapa-De end users.
14. Audits information systems for compliance with regulatory requirements.
15. Analyzes plans, tests, recommends and implements hardware and software directly related to information systems; coordinates upgrades as necessary.
16. Implements and test back up processes for agency servers and desktop PCs; monitors and maintains anti-virus software and critical updates throughout the agency.
17. Coordinates purchase and repair and maintains inventory of information systems hardware and software licensing.
18. Writes and maintains system documentation on solved problems and procedures.
19. Prepares, presents and/or coordinates computer, network and applications training for staff.
20. Participates in budget planning and related activities for ongoing operations as well as new system implementations.
21. Advises IT Operations Supervisor in building collaborations with vendors for network and telephony services.
22. Assists in maintaining phone system; orders new phone lines and repairs to existing lines as needed.
23. Provides project management for systems implementation and upgrade.
24. Maintains agency website.
25. Sets up and adjusts audio-visual equipment for meetings.
26. Assembles, installs and configures equipment, monitors and peripherals such as printers and related hardware as required.
27. Maintains knowledge of current technological developments/trends as related to duties.
28. Provides system design/network engineering and programming recommendations as appropriate.
29. Provides IT support at Auburn and Grass Valley sites.
30. Other duties as assigned.
1. BS degree in Computer Science; at least 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; or
2. AA degree; at least 4 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; or
3. Current CCNA certification preferred, as well as SonicWall Firewall experience.
4. Experience in developing end-user documentation or other self-help materials.
5. Strong networking knowledge.
6. Knowledge of Windows 2008 Server, Windows XP & 7, Microsoft Office Solutions, Active Directory and VM Ware.
7. Experience with maintaining VOIP phone system preferred.
8. Knowledge of computer maintenance, software support, network design, cabling, database management, technical writing documentation, HIPAA security requirements, hardware selections and installation.
9. Ability to work on multiple, concurrent, complex projects.
10. Ability to provide a range of systems training and support activities for end users.
11. Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
12. Strong customer service skills.
13. Current and in good standing; CDL, vehicle insurance and DMV printout.
To apply, please include your cover letter indicating your salary requirement with your resume at www.Chapa-de.org/jobs.
*Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.