Chapa-De a non-profit community clinic in Auburn, CA has an opening for a Part-time Optometrist to wok one day a week (Wednesday).
The Optometrist is responsible for providing eye care services to patients consistent with the Optometry Program of Chapa-De Indian Health Program.
1. Possess an Optometric Doctorate (O.D.) Degree issued by a school or college accredited by the Board of Optometry.
2. Licensed to practice optometry in the state of California. License must be current and in good standing.
3. One to two years experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified, preferably residency trained, ABCMO or FAAO accredited.
4. Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with diverse populations.
5. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with patients and staff.
ESEENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Provide eye care services to patients, including the diagnosis of visual and ocular problems. Expected patient visit would be approximately 14 a day.
2. Detect neuromuscular impairment or anomalies of binocular function.
3. Treat visual disorders through examination, prescription of corrective lenses, vision training, or pharmacological means.
4. Refer patients to specialty care when needed using appropriate agency forms and referral process.
5. Emphasize prevention and care for diabetic retinopathy using available equipment and resources.
6. Ensure accuracy and quality of prescription lenses prior to dispensing.
7. In absence of Optometry Director, oversee duties related to the day to day operation of the Optometry Department, i.e. ordering inventory, supplies, equipment maintenance, etc.
8. Promote regular eye care services to Program patients.
9. Provide patient education and consultation to Physician staff as needed.
10. Comply with Program requirements regarding electronic health record charting, patient confidentiality, and patient care standards.
11. Assist development and implementation of new eye care programs and enhancing continuity of existing services.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Current and in good standing CDL, vehicle insurance and DMV printout required.
If you meet the above qualifications, submit your resume and a completed application available at www.Chapa-De.org/jobs:
Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.