Chapin Manufacturing, Inc Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Corprate employee (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYMarch 16, 2017
Absolutely terrible place, they will work you to death, no work life balance. No loyalty twards employees.New employees recieve minimal to no training, get tossed on a line and eventually get "walked out" because they didnt know what they were doing. Constant turn over resulting in low quality product..the boxes say made in america but is assembled with chineese junk. Basically a horrable place to work!! 90% of the people are waiting/looking for a different job.
Pros
A few decent people
Cons
Horrable treatment by management. Constant turn over, lots of politics
terrible place to work
companies slave (Former Employee) –  Batavia nyApril 11, 2015
This is a corrupt company that displays favoritism and bias at every chance given. The "union employees" are treated like dirt by the company. The union is useless at best. They do nothing to protect workers. "advancement opportunities" they tell you. They do not say if you advance and they weaned somebody else in the position then prepare to be written up and eventually fired so they can put someone else in there they want. This company is a joke. Avoid it at all costs. Supervisors who refuse to hassle employees without cause are terminated because "they don't know what they are doing". The stress and hostile work environment is definitely not worth the compensation.
Pros
Cons
unprofessional and bias
A normal, good company. No surprises.
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYApril 24, 2013
Required to work some Saturdays with no compensation. Work is pretty easy. Kind of old fashioned company in values, culture and technology. As in most mid-size companies there are some "political" games played.
Pros
fair pay and benefits for the work i'm asked to do.
Cons
location
Company has longevity!
Logistics Administrator (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYJanuary 26, 2013
The company has been in business for over 125 years. I have learned to run my department flawlessly with little or no supervision or support from higher level management. The hardest part of the job is meeting month end sales goals, because typically sales doesn't make their push until the last day, making it very difficult. Many overtime hours are spent trying to prepare for their lack of preparation. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people to my side, and below me. I could not do my job without them.
Pros
good base pay
Cons
no breaks, long hours, no overtime
making spray bottles
Reworker (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Making spray bottles was what I did there. I would take bottles that were already mad and make them into a different style or brand. The people were nice to work with but I don't like that if you worked there before you can't be hired back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chapin Manufacturing, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7