Chapman University Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
English Professor (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 6, 2017
Chapman University is a great place to work. The department heads are very supportive of the instructors. They value a high-level of engagement with students and knowledge in subject areas.
difference making
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 5, 2017
while working at chapman i was always making a difference for a student in helping them further there education. it was also wonderful working with staff.
Pros
experience
Cons
number of students
Very enjoyable work environment
Help Desk Management Micro Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 7, 2017
A typical day was relaxed with plenty of learning opportunities. Certification and education opportunities were well supported while I was there. Sadly I had to leave due to a single very poor supervisor.
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 1, 2017
Beautiful campus in Orange California. New construction going on all over campus. Lots of new programs being brought on. New Health Science campus in Irvine, CA.
Community Environment
DANCE INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 15, 2017
I love working at Chapman because the students are nurtured in a community oriented environment. They are given many opportunities to create their own projects.
Nice people
Employment Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 31, 2017
The community here is good. Love the people I work with. It is a different place to work in that it is still going through growing pains, and I believe the salary distribution is not appropriate.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
no job pathway.
Great benefits no mobility
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 20, 2017
This is the very definition of a dead end job. There are no advancement opportunities for this position. Pay compensation was lousy for similar positions at other universities, but the benefits package here is excellent.
A nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 14, 2017
Work on completing instructions for caterer, Public safety, custodians

Manage on site events. Help where ever necessary. Assist with administrative duties. Make copies, scan.
A nice place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 26, 2017
Above average adjunct pay and a supportive atmosphere, with pretty thorough training for new professors. I would recommend Chapman University to anyone seeking to give back to the next generation.
Was only a graduate worker but they mostly treated us with respect and professionalism.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 26, 2017
Take all opportunities offered to you just make sure you are the one benefiting from it and you're not being used by your professor's personal interest.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Not enough opportunities for graduates to work as instructors
Friendly work place, diverse research studies, sophisticated core lab equipment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 21, 2017
During past two years, I had the opportunity to work with a highly talented and qualified principal investigators, post docs and graduate students. All researchers were knowledgable and always freely shared their data and results among the groups. They were helpful if I needed some support. The work flow is not the same each day. There are days that need to work much longer and days are slower. In general, there is a balance and not very pushy. The hardest part of the job is when a machine or device is broken. It takes long to get repaired or replaced. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you reach to a good results.
Great work/life balance
Janes Financial Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 19, 2017
Chapman University offers incredible benefits, including tuition remission. The corporate culture is professional, but not stifling, encouraging all of their employees to pursue continuing education and lifelong learning. I have found it to be a great place to work!
Pros
Great benefits, work life balance and culture
Cons
Bureaucratic
Great environment and culture
Special Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 4, 2017
I loved working at Chapman University. My managers were such amazing people and the work environment was great. A typical day at work included organizing the office area, storage room, making phone calls, filing papers, or stuffing envelopes with invitations. I learned a lot about the preparation that goes into planning events and how important it is to be organized ahead of time. The hardest part of my job was filing papers in the filing cabinet and organizing it. there were so many past events and invitations I had to store for later use and organize that took a long time. The most enjoyable part of the job is having great managers who have taught me so many different aspects of event planning and have been patient with my learning.
Pros
flexible hours, fun work environment
Cons
short breaks, location from school
It was a fun environment and exciting to witness new students entering a new phase of their lives.
Assistant Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 1, 2017
My title was Assistant Director of Operations, in other words, Office Manager. However, I assisted in starting the satellite office in our area and took on a challenge that I wasn't sure I could accomplish, but I did and feel very proud of such an opportunity and accomplishment.
I reported to the Director of the center of which I hold high regards. I learned from her as she mentored me through the years of my employment with Chapman University. She retired and I worked under the supervision of a new Director. I have nothing but high regard for him as well.
The environment was fun, constant movement because we were bringing in new students every 9 weeks, as we ran 9 week term sessions. We had a great team of staff and everyone got along.
I learned how to schedule adjunct staff to teach, classes to plan and schedule for upcoming terms, oversaw 7 employees. Reported to our main campus administration. Working collaboratively with Adjuncts, school districts and students.
Pros
Witnessing students accomplishments with degrees
Cons
Terms were too short
Good
Chapman University Customer Relations Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 26, 2017
Great atmosphere. Independent work. Self reliance. Customer service. Great job for someone who wants to get their feet wet in the customer relations field.
Great school - fun, friendly, environment
TEDx Mission Viejo - Social media coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 9, 2017
Great school - fun, friendly, environment
Campus culture is nice, teachers are professional and available for extra help. The campus is in a great location.
Super cool job
Part Time Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 2, 2017
Great way to have a part time job while attending classes. Most departments understand that you're a student and they'll be flexible with your work schedule.
Great Institution
Assistant Director of Admission (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 18, 2017
A great work environment for entry level employees. It's a little difficult to advance in the organization. Stepping out likely means a step up elsewhere.
Great People, Small Wages
Web Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 11, 2017
Chapman is a fantastic place to work. The campus is beautiful and coworkers are a joy to be around. However, salaries are not very competitive, and the benefits, while good, aren't necessarily fair for everyone. For instance, if you work at Chapman but already have further education, it's not as big a deal to get another graduate degree, severely limiting your benefits.
Pros
Great people, good health benefits
Cons
Uncompetitive salaries
Great Experience
Tutor and Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 5, 2017
Served at Chapman as both a student and worker. Great overall experience from both sides. Science research at Chapman is in a period of exponential growth and tutoring is a safe and secure job with decent pay.