Chapman University Employee Reviews

Great school with solid programs and great growth
Degree Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 21, 2016
Chapman University is a great traditional university. There is room to grow and the school like to promote within. Growing school and one of the top Universities in Orange County.
Pros
Job security, good retirement plan
Cons
Play is not that great
Worked here as a student
Teacher's Assistant - Computer Science Dept (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 2, 2016
Being a student worker here is very flexible and bosses are understanding of your course load. Would recommend working here as a student.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
None that i can think of
Good company to work for while completing grad school.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 9, 2016
Lots of fun events on campus but the pay is very low. You really get compensated with the generous tuition discount and benefits.

Once you have your graduate degree, it's best to move on to a company that will compensate you properly.
Very pleasant and professional environment. Beautiful campus is a perk!
Admissions Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 10, 2016
I worked at Chapman University through a temp agency as an admissions assistant to help with data entry. The people here are very nice, professional, and accommodating. The campus is very beautiful to walk through. There are also restaurants in the student union, as well as coffee shops, including Starbucks, on campus.
Great school
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 8, 2016
This was far and away the most fun I ever had teaching. I created a class called "Race, Ethnicity and Identity - Who gets to be a superhero?" Just a lot of fun teaching college freshman. I loved the experience.
Beautiful environment with great people
DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 16, 2016
Working at Chapman allows you to learn a variety of skills which will be beneficial to any career you choose. It is also working on it's work-life balance policies and diversity initiatives which is inspiring to be a part of even if you are a staff member. The leadership is remarkable and caring. Co-workers are kind and have a "Chapman" quality that is noticeable. The hardest part would probably be navigating all of the construction and parking. Due to it's renovations and construction, it is not as welcoming to visitors, but staff and faculty work to try to make everyone feel at ease and act as guides.
Pros
Small community
Cons
Constant construction
Freedom of Expression
Legal Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 10, 2016
Exciting, inspiring and very Insightful, good place to build your resume, and the freedom to explore your mind at or on a particular project, without the fear of being mocked or loosing your job, very good opportunity to grow and to learn more. very good place to start working as a student.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Good breaks
Great people
IS&T Card Systems Specialist, Backup Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 21, 2016
Working with Students, Staff and Faculty is an important part of this job. Treating them with care and concern, to insure they have always have a great experience. There are many different types of people, from all over the world on campus, so I do what I can to make them comfortable with whatever issues or concerns they may have. I work with some of the greatest people, and we each do what we can to make each day as good as possible, supporting each other to break down the stress. Sometimes people have Grand ideas, and instead of doing proper research and confirming what or how it will impact an environment, they implement these changes without taking into consideration the issues created, or how it will affect the workers. Overall it is a beautiful campus, and most of the people I have come in contact with, do what they do for the Students best interest.
Pros
Great people, good benefits and salary
Great People make the Campus
The Campus has great people that care, and they take pride in what they do. We all do our Best to provide the Students with the utmost in care and support. The problem is that when new ideas come in, there is a tendency to implement changes too fast, without taking small steps, doing the proper research and as a result problems occur. I enjoy helping the Students, Staff and Faculty and many times they have acknowledged what I provide them, and that is why I am still there. The hardest part of the job is reporting to people, that pretend to understand what you do, but have no idea. Instead of listening to the experience and suggestions of the workers that do the actual work, they pretend to care and and move forward with changes and it affects the morale and work environment. Overall it is a good place to work, with great caring people, and very beautiful Campus.
Pros
Great people, decent salary good benefits, beautiful campus
Human Resources Student Assistant
Human Resources Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 21, 2015
Utilize attention to detail to handle sensitive documents, ensuring confidentiality and compliance resulting in 100% adherent workplace. Take initiative and apply self-motivation as the sole student employee at the front desk and spearhead training of other student workers
Pros
Learning how to conduct myself in a professional setting.
Cons
Not enough work hours.

Want to know more about Chapman University?

Ask a question
Individual work environment
Graphic Design Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 27, 2016
Working by yourself
Making decisions own your own
Quiet co-workers
Getting information can be difficult
Being behind the scenes
Pros
Familiar work environment
Cons
Working while a class is in the room
Great place to be!
Director, Event Management & Operations (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 26, 2016
I have been here for over 20 years and love it. Great team, high morale and fun people to work with. If you can find your place here, you will truly thrive!
Pros
Positive work envrionment
Cons
Little upward mobility/career advacement
Calm and Productive Work Place
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work. Great coworkers, great location, and easy work. Typically helped faculty and students with various questions and needs as well as aid the department secretary with their jobs, event planning, and communication with outside departments.
Pros
flexibly hours; great environtment
Cons
not enough hours
Beautfiul, Smart and Successful
Student Affairs Administration (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 24, 2015
Fun place to work. Surrounded by intelligence with an appreciation for what each person on the campus gives to each other. Truly a community that fosters thinking and setting the pace for our current and future global leaders.
Cons
Great place to grow as an individual.
Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 4, 2015
I was hired as a supervisor for a staff of 40 students. It was interesting to see how I would be able to supervise and manage a team of people around my own age. In guest relations, we deal a lot with students, faculty, prospective students, etc., so in essence, it felt like we were the face of Chapman. I definitely grew a lot from this position, and it taught me leadership, communication, and management skills.
Great school with supportive faculty and staff
Seasonal Recruiter and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 15, 2015
Flexible working hours, low stress environment. Seasonal recruiter position requires a lot of travel with limited oversight. Work as a research assistant is always available and allows employees to work remotely and at their own pace.
beneficial experience for future work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 24, 2015
Working at Chapman's library is a great fit for anyone planning to pursue work in the library world. They give student workers and assistants the opportunity to explore the different aspects of library work and gain hands on experience.
Dorm Cleaning and setup for Chapman Conference groups
Aramark Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 25, 2015
Set schedules for workers
made sure work was getting done in timely manner and was up to school standards
kept inventory of supplies
met with University faculty to discuss schedule for the week and to keep them updated on progress
Pros
Chapman faculty is great to work with
Cons
Aramark Director at Chapman University
Good place to work.
Graduate and Undergraduate Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 17, 2015
Great place to work, but the site closed after I was there for three and half years. Co-worker were fun and knew their business. Students were all motivated and wanted to further their education.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Site closed
Great benefits, low maneuverability
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 4, 2015
Typical days are 8-5, 1 hour lunch. Extensive use of PeopleSoft for payroll, ordering, class management.

Management can be very stuck in their ways, few avenues for innovation

Great benefits, tuition remission, supplemental retirement plan, numerous paid holidays.
benefits
Cons
not the best for moving up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chapman University. Our community is ready to answer.