Chapters Health System Employee Reviews

Poor C suite management which drives poor culture...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLNovember 20, 2017
C suite management has been in place for 10+ years and the organization tries to capitalize on old methods and ideas. New ideas are either denied/ignored or you need 10 committees to approve it. Not worth my time.... Until leadership changes, I would not recommend working here.
nice part time job
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2017
Great to work with patients providing support in their homes. Limited time to help however, because limited number of visits approved for palliative care
Terrible Company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLJuly 8, 2017
Leadership does not respect the fact that employees have to have time for themselves and their families. It' s all about the money and not about the patient and families. Not the company it used to be. Too many layoffs for frivolous reasons. The company motto should be IF IT'S WORKING - CHANGE IT because if a company model is working for the employees and patients it's changed to a model that makes no sense for the employees or the patients. The hospice house in Temple Terrace is a joke. New manager shows favoritism to day shift staff which consists of liars and back biters. If they don't like you watch your back. They will lie on you. Short staffed all the time at hospice house and staff is expected to work whatever days they are given with no consideration for needing and having a life at home. New hospice (Seasons Hospice) opening soon. Hopefully the competition will make Chapters wake up but the management are so full of themselves I doubt it.
Pros
Patients
Cons
All about the money and not patients or employees.
love hospice work but....
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2017
management is horrible, work/life balance awful. Co-workers were wonderful, typical day, crazy, too much work and not enough time to complete it. Culture is positive for the most part due to great co-workers, yet management is clueless to how much time and effort it takes to do hospice work on a level that won't burn out it's employees. I have worked for 4 hospices in 3 different states, and this by far was worst experience.
Pros
working with wonderful patients and families
Cons
worked to death, no pun intended
Awful
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLMay 1, 2017
There aren't enough words in the English language to express how horrible my experience with this organization was. I almost started to believe I was overall incapable. As it turns out, I have a job with a company that is nationally ranked for how they treat their employees and the differences are incredible. I would't take a job here if my life depended on it. Yes, its that bad.
Pros
coworkers that share your pain
Cons
everything
na
INTAKE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2017
I would not like to discuss my position at chapters health. This position started as a salary position and to perform a proper job, this takes more than a standard day. When it became hourly, management started writing employees up for getting overtime when they were told to work the overtime to perform the position.
Needs a complete overhaul
RN (Former Employee) –  Lifepath HospiceMarch 6, 2017
I returned to this company to fulfill a need for job satisfaction it once allowed. Boy, was I wrong. The company is so much worse than ever. RNS are overloaded with patients and paperwork,. They are constantly overworked both physically and emotionally. Supposed to be max of 18 pts to manage per nurse, but typically 25 to 30. If the census dips to those acceptable numbers, it won't last. You'll be told to locate possible referrals or they will have to lose a nurse, or no longer be abe to hire another nurse. It's a game. Leaving at 5pm is also a joke, and even management will tell you that. Pay and benefits are deplorable for what they ask of you. 3 out of 4 nurses spends hours on the weekend to either complete their work requirements, or like me, to complete the 5 or 6 recertification that have to be presented weekly. Things would be changed rather quickly if the patients and families ever knew what the company required of their nurses, but like the true caring nurses who love end of life care, we protect our dying patients and families from the truth. I think the company capitalizes on this. I also believe upper management and leadership is AWARE. Hospice nursing is in my heart, but I'll never make the mistake of Lifepath again.
Pros
Nurses willing to help out eachother.
Cons
Poor pay and benefits. Working over 40 hrs per week.
Don't do it
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 25, 2017
At first it was a great company or so I thought. New upper management arrived and changed everything !! They do not listen to their employees. Focus in not on the patient or families. It's all about how much money they can make with the least amount of staffing....
Pros
The ability to care for paitients and families
Cons
Management doesn't care about anything but the dollar signs.
Get the work experience, and leave!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLFebruary 23, 2017
I wouldn't recommend a career at Chapters Health Systems except for the job experience. If you don't negotiate your salary in the beginning when you are hired, they will give you what they feel like you deserve.

The management could also be a whole lot better; people get away with too much and there's no flexibility or job advancement in certain areas, and the TURNOVER IS RIDICULOUS! People get hired at the beginning of a week, and quit towards the end of it.

Again, just work there for the experience, and move on to something better!
Pros
Great experience to use in future positions
Cons
Low wages, overworked, very high turnover
recently merged, orientation unorganized, too short
Registered Nurse care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLOctober 27, 2016
very short staffed, unable to get everything done, heavy pt load, was told when I got hired my case load would be 16 patients, high turnover, current patient load is 25, unable to spend any quality time with pts, always feel rushed, redundant documenting, expected to work OT often
Pros
sign on bonus $5000
Cons
unpractical expectations
Do not apply!!! Run!!!
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLJune 9, 2016
Many years ago, I had two close relatives pass away under LifePath hospice, which is part of Chapters Health. We had wonderful experiences in both situations. So when I found a job with the company, I was very excited, and was thrilled when I got it.

So I made the job move. Huge mistake, and it was sad. The overall management of the company is awful. Compensation and Benefits are terrible. Across the organization, employees are incredibly unhappy, uncared for by management especially the chiefs, the CEO needs to be removed and replaced. From the moment I got there, all i heard about from people was how much they wanted out. Thankfully, several friends have found new jobs. Even last week, I heard of 3 friends who all resigned, in the same week. I even know others who resigned without having another job lined up, they just needed out that badly. The organization is too top heavy, and when something is top heavy, it is only a matter of time till it falls over.

It's sad that I cannot recommend an organization at hospice, but unless i hear of major changes, I'm not.
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
Too many too list. Pretty much everything
LPN continuous care
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2016
I loved the patient care I got to experience at hospice. The management was out of control. Being a PRN nurse meant you were on call from 8am until 8pm unless they found a patiwnt after 8pm and you would expected to go no matter how late. Not fair to anyone.
Friendly coworkers/poor pay
LPN Hospice nurse (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLDecember 22, 2015
Great manager, wonderful team of CNAs and nurses. Very poor compensation! RN's are salary, which explains the high turn over.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Poor pay!
it a nice place to work everbody nices
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLJune 8, 2015
i work at nights at good chapters health system..u dont always work at sometime the seses is low u get call off alot some weeks i only get 12 hr of work,, sometime they use u to work out in the feild doimg home care .. its hospice house ,,
Pros
u buy ur on food .
Cons
you take your brank when u can
Absolutely the worst employer ever
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, Florida Azeele StreetMay 21, 2015
Sadly this is the most dysfunctional employer and company ever! Having worked in a variety of positions as a nurse which included case management and home health there are major problems with the company. Either the head managers don't know what lower level managers are doing or they do not care.
The bright spot of the nursing position is the patients and family. The nurses are overworked sometimes having over 120 patients with 2 nurses! It is cruel to tell patients and family that "we're here for you" and not have the staff to work.
No back up, no calling anyone in it is ridiculous.

If you want to work 60-90 hours or more a week and earn 40 hours and at a lower rate than the average RN.....This is the job for you!

There is no excuse to not hire more RN's. These patients need help and there is no way they can receive it with no help.

Most of the nurses etc that you work directly are a great bunch but the managers have serious issues.

Run away don't walk if you even think of working for this organization. The best thing I ever did was having the courage to leave many months ago. You are treated like an expendable commodity and not a Professional. Their turnover rate is probably over 70%. Constantly orienting new nurses because they quit all the time. They wear you down and almost kill you. No breaks at all. Scheduled 9 hours a day supposedly with a hour for lunch and really, no one takes a break.We would get new nurses and they would be gone in a few months because it was the most disorganized of any company around.
Pros
Helping patients and family in a crisis
Team work!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLFebruary 9, 2015
My manager was excellent. She would always give me kudos for a job well done. I learned how to care both emotionally and medically for the patients, The hardest part was getting attached,
Pros
Shift work
Cons
Eat when you can
No articulated organizational strategic plan
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLAugust 6, 2014
In 14 months, turnover rate for employees in leadership roles exceeded 40%. In a self-directed strategy, I became familiar with hospice regulations, best practices, and hospice as an important part of healthcare. The most enjoyable aspect of this position was being able to research.
An organization that has an astmosphere filled with caring and compassion.
Transitions Facilitator (Former Employee) –  3010 W Azzele Street Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2013
Working for hospice has been a life changing experience. Discussing issues that deal with life limiting illness, death and dying on a daily basis brings an awareness and appreciation for life. Hospice has taught me how to deal with customers with care, kindness, integrity and sensitivity while working within legal and operational guidelines. The most enjoyable part of the job has been knowing that I have been able to help so many patients and families in need; they are so appreciative of the smallest amount of help. The most difficult part of the job has been experiencing the loss of patients and grieving with family and friends on such a frequent basis.
Pros
Good benefits, friendly atmosphere, professional leadership
Cons
Changes in health care sysytem has affected job security