Heavy Equipment Operator- Louisville, KY
Charah is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Successfully maneuvers heavy equipment vehicles, while following all safety and operations guidelines.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Position may involve performing other duties as required, which may not be mentioned below. Specific functions may change from time to time.
- Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, and materials, using a variety of equipment: shovels, excavators, graders, dozers, dump trucks and water trucks.
- Drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, and rocks, and to distribute and level earth or terrain.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Must be able to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of machine to exact positions as necessary.
- Learn, follow, and promote all safety regulations of Charah and its customers.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly, listen and understand information through spoken words and sentences to ensure full comprehension of job duties, safety regulations, and other situations that may require an immediate response.
- Requires occasional weekend, holiday, and/or overtime work.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Working knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in ash management, structure fills, and landfills.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Previous work-related skill, knowledge, and/or experience are required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Frequent cross body movement such as bending, lifting (up to 75lbs), twisting, standing, balancing, stooping, handling materials, moving around hazardous sites.
- Eye to Hand coordination a must. Depth perception required.
- Ability to manipulate small parts with hands.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions, included but not limited to extreme temperatures, rain, sleet, snow, heat, wet/humid conditions.
- Will be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Must be willing to wear safety protective gear as required at all times.
- Ability to concentrate in noisy setting around large construction vehicles.