Charfen Institute Employee Reviews

not a good place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2014
It is a dead end job and Charfen may not be there long. I didn't learn anything there. There is no people management left. Co-workers are very negative. The hardest part of the job is there is little need for the product. I enjoyed talking to some of the agent that I sold.
Pros
no pros but if you never had a sale job it might be a good place to start but no training.
Cons
The people that work there are very negative. There is no training.
This company is self destructing
Business Solutions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2013
They have already laid off over half the company and the management team has no clue as to what they are doing. They will continue to make poor decisions, while the owner is oblivious to the mistakes.
Pros
free hand sanitizer
Cons
very mixed messages in their culture
A Great Amount of Professional and Personal Growth
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2013
Like the title states the Charfen Institute is a great work place to grow. It isn't like some businesses were you can just come in and work some of the day and "work" the rest of the day. This place truly has made me a better person. Before Charfen I was kind of stuck in a loop, I had good jobs but that's all they really were. I came into the company at an entry level position but they make it very clear that if you come in and push yourself to do the very best you can, then you will do very well here. And that's exactly what's happened. I've moved up 4 times now and it's because of the environment that is created at the Charfen Institute. The entire company including the executive team is very invested in helping every employee grow professionally and personally. We are a very strong team because of what we push ourselves to do because we are encouraged to Dream Big everyday, not only with work things but also with our personal life. I can truly say that I would not be the person that I am now without the Charfen Institute.
Pros
challenging work place, huge opportunity for growth, amazing culture.
Fast Track Results, Fast Track Career
Software Development Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2013
At times I’ve felt that I’ve benefitted more personally working with the Charfen team then I could possibly benefit professionally. There’s a synergy amongst colleagues that can turn bad days into good days, and good days into great days. On a daily basis I feel inspired by my work. The open minded nature of the culture we’ve created here means there’s always an opportunity to learn something from one of your fellow colleagues, and the principle of achievement that seems to be ingrained into the fabric of those that do well here means that there’s always a new way that you can improve yourself, your community, or the lives of those around you. In my opinion the majority of people in the world change their lives in a small and limited number of ways over the course of a lifetime, here we make it a daily intention and we’ve become quite good at changing ourselves and teaching the same strategies to others. During my time at Charfen I’ve lost over 150 lbs, I’ve quit smoking, I’ve paid off more than $20,000.00 worth of debt, and I’ve fast tracked my career from being an entry level developer to Managing my department (something that would take 10 years at another company, I did it in under 3). Results are rewarded here and I feel it’s a privilege each day I get the opportunity to come into work.
Pros
accelerate your career, work with and learn from the best, make a real contribution
Cons
be challenged daily
Exciting and Challenging Place to Work
Event Coordiantor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 31, 2012
The Charfen Institute is a great company to work for if you are a highly motivated and driven person. There is great opportunity for growth, both personally and professionally. I have learned more then I could have possibly imagined in the year+ that I have worked for this company.
Employees are given an unparalleled opportunity to work closely with, and learn from the executive management team. They support all team members in setting goals and helping them develop the skills and discipline necessary to achieve them.
If you are not afraid of hard work and are a person that wants to grow and push yourself to achieve what you thought was impossible, this is the place for you!
Work with the most talented people in Austin
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxDecember 16, 2012
Are you up for a challenge?

This company will make you work harder than you thought you could. Just know that you will grow both personally and professionally.

The Executive team believes in your ability even when you may not.

I have seen several coworkers start in entry level positions and within a year, sometimes longer, I've seen them grow into a position of leadership.

I want to be the best, so that is why I work with the best.
Pros
growth, culture, leadership
Cons
challenging, turnover
Great place for highly motivated purpose-driven people!
Director (Current Employee) –  AustinNovember 20, 2012
This is not your run of the mill Austin growth company. Sure it comes with all the perks of a great culture like surprise celebrations for company successes (for example making the Inc 500 list of fastest growing companies in the world two years in a row), company talent shows, company goal setting sessions, sponsored charitable runs each month, free healthy drinks, free smoothies, free yoga, free bootcamp, free health consultations from a trainer/nutritionist, a no gossip policy, profit sharing and the list goes on. As you probably picked up this is a company that cares about people and rewards them for commitment. The CEO believes, “There are no great companies, only great people.” So we recruit great people provide them the inspiration and the leverage to not only take care of themselves. We don’t only help and pusth them to grow at the office but also at home or wherever else they endeavor to be successful. This comes from the core operating principle that congruency, not balance, will maximize happiness and fulfillment. Work life balance implies your career and your home life are two opposing forces pulling against each other with you as a fulcrum. We strive for work life synergy, where you can achieve what you want in all facets of your life and your successes in one gives to the others rather than takes away from them.

For me it was not only important to find a fun, exciting place to work and grow. I also needed to find a place where I was purpose driven and understood how my effort meant something to somebody. We provide products for small business owners in order to
  more... help them realize their dreams. With some quick research you can see that it started with the CDPE designation. In three short years, through this course, we trained over 40,000 real estate agents how to assist homeowners in distress in order to solve the foreclosure crisis one homeowner at a time. To translate the impact of this, the result was almost 500,000 families saved from foreclosure and bankruptcy. I personally think about the kids who will never have to know what it feels like to experience that financial horror. Our next mission is to aid economic recovery through small business. In our country, the overwhelming majority of jobs are created through small businesses and the large majority of small businesses fail within 5 years. We have developed the tools and systems to teach them how to be successful and the impact will be profound. Needless to say, I am proud and excited to be a part of this.

With all that said, it is by no means an easy place to work. However, for those who are motivated by a fast past, exciting career with a world of opportunities and a top notch culture it is a great place to work. If you are not an ambitious self starter this is probably not the place for you as there is nowhere to hide. At Charfen Institute you are surrounded by a team of overachievers and keeping up requires your full focus and effort. Another core principle here comes from Aristotle’s words, “Excellence is not an event, it is a habit.” In the words of our CEO, “Excellence is a daily imperative.” We constantly encourage our team to raise the bar at the office and in their other pursuits. We look at every day as an opportunity to change the world and that can be an overwhelming task for some. For others it can be the greatest inspiration.
Pros
culture, perks, opportunity, growth, exciting, inspiring, no gossip, fulfilling work
Cons
challenging projects, fast paced, you must earn your position nothing is handed to you, culture is not for everyone

Charfen Institute Reviews by Location