Charity

Charity Employer Reviews

Family Business
Account Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 9, 2013
Pros: great cause
Cons: hard labor work
The charity I was working for was great! t was Family based and I was the Accont Manager. That preformed all the duties for us to run this company.
Fundraising/Sales in a laid back environment
Fundraising Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 16, 2012
This was a more refreshing outbound telemarketing job in that there were no rebuttals required and the reason for the solicitations were to benefit charities in and around the local area. We sold high-quality garbage bags (of all things) for local Jaycees groups and the hours were very flexible and it was a very laid back environment, for the most part. – more... The Jaycees were very popular around our region and most people were happy to contribute. The pay was so-so and there were no benefits. – less
Against the clock
Gambian school aids (Former Employee), Bradford, ENGSeptember 12, 2014
1) It wasn't really work just a one day charity event loading goods into the container

2) I learned manual handling, safe lifting and how to stack and pack the goods in the correct order

3) Taking regular breaks, eating and trying not to cause any fatigue or injury with yourself or others

4) There was no problem with co-workers everyone got on with – more... each other

5) keeping up with the 3 hour time limit

6) The reward factor... – less
Fun workplace
Fundraiser (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 21, 2014
A typical day a work consisted of talking to people and informing them about our casue
I learned valuable communicatrion skills such as speaking clearly and fluently
It was a well organised enviroment because everyone done what they were told
The hardest part of the job was persuading people to donate because most of the people were in a hurry
The most – more... enjoyable part of the job was understanding others and getting to understand other cultures – less
Enjoyable work place
Red nose day cake sales and karaoke (Former Employee), ManchesterAugust 5, 2014
I interacted with different people confidently and was not afraid to ask for help. My role involved me baking different breads, cakes and confectionaries for daily sales as well as for special events. I was working to a tight schedule under pressure in a busy environment. I was successful as I always excel under pressure.
good
Sold Chocolate Bars for Charity (Former Employee), i was dropped of at cornersMay 27, 2014
the only way i could make money by is how meny chocolate bars i sold then after i got payed in cash that same day
IT WAS MAKING CASSAVA
AGRICULTURE (Former Employee), NWAGELLEMay 9, 2014
Pros: good at what they do
Cons: over night work
THE ORGANIZATION ARE VERY IN TERMS OF THE WAY THEY MANAGE THERE CASSAVA MAKING
Busy and rewarding
Direct Short Breaks Administrator (Former Employee), FarehamApril 14, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Kids, Even though it was for a short time, I felt supported by manager, colleagues and felt part of the team. A typically work day consisted of varying tasks and duties; from general administration to home- visiting families to complete assessments. The hardest part of the job was trying to provide the service users with – more... their required f self-identified support when resources, finance and support worker were limited. – less
charity fundraiser
charity fundraising (Former Employee), londonApril 8, 2014
organising and helping with traditional fundraising activities such as sponsored or promotional events, raffles, house-to-house and street collections
recruiting and coordinating the work of volunteers
approaching individuals, schools, universities, local authorities, shops and commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations
developing novel – more... fundraising ideas and events.

PROS
It's the most effective of all fundraising methods. Nothing beats personally asking someone to give.
Gifts are often large.
If your board members have wealthy contacts, this is an excellent way for them to raise funds.
Once you make personal contacts with people, they're likely to give again and again, perhaps even leaving their money to your organization in their will.
In person, it's harder to say no.
No outlay of cash is needed.
A gift from an individual paves the way for more gifts, as well as other kinds of help.
CONS

It's very labor-intensive. The solicitor has to be willing to spend time explaining the organization to the potential donor.
The solicitor needs to be well-prepared, unafraid to ask for money, and enthusiastic about the organization.
It's important to build a file of biographical data on potential donors before you meet with them, and this research can be time-consuming.
Most people hate to ask for gifts, because they fear rejection. (But once you get over that fear, asking can be fun.) – less
management
Aftercare Service Manager (Current Employee), londonFebruary 12, 2014
Within my current role i manage the support services within the communty across the UK, ensuring that all of our 35 services offer the appropriate support to our clients.
Productive and friendly environment as working place.
Volunteer Translator and Language Facilitator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: the friendly environment
Cons: improvising at work
My typical day at work is getting to work some minutes before it starts, start on time, then have a briefing from my line manager about the day schedule, setting deadlines and give a hint on what needs to be done when the daily schedule is finished.

I have learned that a friendly environment incites to being productive when there is some supervision – more... and respect of boundaries and deadlines. I have also learned that doing something you really like makes one very productive.

I have enjoyed my management because the communication stage was very well exploited and we had a daily routine of touch-basing and I love my co-workers by the fact that they are a real team for me as we go in a teach/learn daily practice.

The hardest part of my job is when a co-worker is not as motivated as I wish, by not being on time, absent and irresponsible, and find that my part of the job depends on his/her accomplishment.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have room for inputs and room for making things the way we decided after consensus, and get acknowledge when I reach an accomplishment. – less
Prductive and fun place to work in with children
children's entertainer (Former Employee), Roma, LAZDecember 26, 2013
My day work started in class at 7 am making children drawing or writing what they want, from 9 to 12 am started the tournaments and than everybody went out for lunch. Aftrer one hour of relax for the children, every team invent a song to sing the next day and than restarted the tournament. For the last two hours there was the recital practice.
The hardest – more... part of the job was the time I had to spend to prepere the tournament, but the most enjoyable part was the recital practice in which each children lough and are more creative. – less
challenging and conducive work place
Client's service (Current Employee), sunderlandOctober 14, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: long hours
I am looking forward to working in a friendly and competitive environment. I like challenges and that makes me a team player. I would like to learn on jobs that match my skills which I don't really have the experience for. I am available for any kind of training that will be relevant for this job. I can work under pressure, that is the ability to manage – more... situations that that look hard to handle. I also like to resolve conflicts by dialogue and not argument. work place should be a fun place because you spend most of your time there, therefore I believe in creating a conducive working environment for me and my colleagues. – less
Very productive and some time fun if there is time
work in a hotel (hospitality) (Current Employee), Victoria, LondonOctober 11, 2013
Pros: we have a reward call catch a start where vouchers is rewarded for doing good job.
Cons: when i work on paid over time.
A typical day at work is a day that is so busy and I leaned in the cos of my work to be patient by doing so, i will learn new things and be about to management my time, the resources and work as a team with my co workers because by doing so, we will all work in a peaceful and lover atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job is when there is a time limit – more... and I am trying to keep to time and make sure I complete the given task and less or no mistakes at all. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my hard work is recognize and I am rewarded for such job and also appreciated. – less
Charity Review
Volunteer Coordinator/Sponsorship Coordinator (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 20, 2013
My years working with various non-profit organizations in Dubai, UAE was a wonderful experience. I was able to use my sales experience to approach and work with many high level companies.
Keeping my skills honed for my return to the United States
hard working and friendlyness
Charity volunteer (Former Employee), GalwayMarch 21, 2013
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
it was a great experience for me because everyone got along which was good and i get to know more things about back packing i love doing it. the hardess part was when we ask people if they needed help to pack their bag because some people say no and some say yes so it was mixed of both.
Supportive staff always available for assistance
Telemarketer (Former Employee), MelbourneOctober 31, 2012
Pros: collecting donations for different charities
Cons: long hours in office environment
I didn't stay long with this employer, because not too long after being with them, my feelings of depression commenced. The charities that we were collecting donations for, were random, and i didnt feel like i was being productive. It had its perks though, pay was okay... meeting new people was nice too.
Van Driver
Charity bag collector (Former Employee), bristolJuly 22, 2012
I was driving van in bristol and nationwide areas. And i was collecting charity bags,in 150miles areas.