Charity Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
rewarding facility to work for
Care Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Premier HealthJune 27, 2015
The work was rewarding. Management good to work for. Continuously improving and learning. Co-workers and teams were very easy to work with.
Pros
Market Place on site for lunch. Secure downtown location
Cons
Sterile envirement at times
Charitable endeavour
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 30, 2015
Each day is aligned in the privilege of extending of a pure heart , charity. This loving-kind communication is equably measured and distributed without partiality or prejudices.
The welcome is an invitation to every neighbor and Our effort is to be of help to every family and individuals in need. And the thank you sincerely given for having "a to be desired experience" versus one that "is not desired", e.g. such as false idealizations for being burdened with "pride" , as if one is to be 'shamed" because of needing while not having sufficiently to supply or provide for family or self.
We are all in this together... reality and truth.
Commission based telemarketing work
Telephone Solicitor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 9, 2015
This is a part time work from home job. My work day involves calling hundreds of people to schedule pick up appointments for their discarded items and follow up calls to confirm their donations. These items are purchased by a thrift store and a predetermined amount of money is given to the charity in exchange for these items.
this place had carpenter's workshop and a small garden for children
Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cairo, ARMarch 30, 2015
sorry i don't remember now the daily activities but there was organized system for all persons in the organization and i learnt a lot from my manager and the members of the association
Pros
good relationships, defend of the humanity
Cons
short breaks, high turnover
Friendly environment, it was for a good cause.
Telemarketing Representitive (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at work would be to go to work, get on the phone make calls and probably 1 out of 50 to 75 calls I would get a donation. I learned how to communicate and interact better with people. Co-workers were friendly and a good help to show me the ropes. The hardest part of the job was while customers may be difficult at times I needed to keep the ability to persuade them to get the sales. The most enjoyable was getting a donation.
Family Business
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 9, 2013
The charity I was working for was great! t was Family based and I was the Accont Manager. That preformed all the duties for us to run this company.
Pros
great cause
Cons
hard labor work
Fundraising/Sales in a laid back environment
Fundraising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 16, 2012
This was a more refreshing outbound telemarketing job in that there were no rebuttals required and the reason for the solicitations were to benefit charities in and around the local area. We sold high-quality garbage bags (of all things) for local Jaycees groups and the hours were very flexible and it was a very laid back environment, for the most part. The Jaycees were very popular around our region and most people were happy to contribute. The pay was so-so and there were no benefits.