Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science Employee Reviews

Great Place
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2017
Great place to work at but, you don't want to stay here for more than a year. Work life balance is good but, work environment is unbalance. Stressful and low pay are not a good combination. Great place to jump from to a different career but don't make it a career of being here.
I learned a lot at this university. All my co-workers were nice to me.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2017
I learned a lot of computer data analysis through the work besides conducting the bio-science experiments. All my co-workers were nice to me. It was located closed to my home, so it was convenient to get there.
Great Human Resources team, but management isn't great.
Human Resources Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2017
Was there for a little under a year and loved my job as an HR Assistant. Loved the team and everyone i worked with and the people i got to meet while being in the Human Resources Department. The only issue I had was with management and how they would run the company and our department.
Pros
13 Holidays Off, Great coworkers
Cons
Management, Vision and mission of the company falls short
Working at a Medical School is very rewarding emotionally
Admin. Asst. to the Dir. of Facilities Planning (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, Ca.May 1, 2014
I loved working in the under served community where the medical school was located.
Pros
Cons
Politics can be a bit frustrating at times
Learning
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  1748 E. 118th St., LA, CA 90059April 25, 2014
I got to learn more while teaching. Im only teaching there per subject/part time. I'm handling Physical Assessment subject in a Family NP Program. It's very rewarding when I know I have imparted some some of my clinical skills to the students and they appreciate it.
Positively comfortable workplace surrounded with tons of bright and brilliant staff and students.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2014
Management at this job is more courteous thank you will ever know.
Productive work place, Efficient Research Staff
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2012
Charles R. Drew University is an exciting place to work. Research projects focus on addressing health disparities.
I gained skills in managing budgets, personnel, time, resources and completing a full project life cycle.