Charles River Laboratories

Charles River Laboratories Employer Reviews

Good pay and option for overtime
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: overtime was available
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day included prepping the lab at 6:00 am for horseshoe crabs. The horseshoe crabs are brought in and we sterilize equipment and crab for blood to be taken. The blood is transferred to the lab for further washing.
Productive workplace with devoted colleagues
Support Technician (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: far from home
My day at Charles River would consist of watering, feeding and providing bedding for laboratory pets. I learned how to care for animals, numerous diseases in the workplace, and safety procedures. The management there was very reliable and helpful in general. I met a lot of great colleagues who I interacted with on the daily and learned a lot from about – more... work related matters and other topics. The hardest part of the job had to be carrying the enormous bags of trash to the compactors. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be taking care of the animals and socializing with my colleagues. – less
Fantastic Place of Employment
Study Coordinator II (Current Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 11, 2014
This career has suited my lifestyle and has put my education to good use. I have learned many life skills as well as expanding my knowledge in the preclinical research field.
Excellent work experience, ample opportunity
Bio-assay Services Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: versitle company, healthcare, dental care, flexible hours
Cons: compensation, no room for growth
A typical day at Charles river labs varies, new projects are always coming in with different methodology. It is a constant learning environment since there are so many different types of testing and assay development within the company. Supervisors and managers are easy to communicate with, very understanding and flexible to ones needs.
Ok company
Financial Assistant / Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Germantown, MDJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: unstable job security
ok company to work for. Great group of people to work with. Excellent benefits. Unstable jobs.
Good place to work.
CLINCIAL PATHOLOGY TECH II (Current Employee), Reno, NVJune 16, 2014
Benefits are great, Great people. Just not the right place for me in what I do best.
Great company
Project Coordinator/Breeding Technician (Current Employee), NEW YORKMay 12, 2014
Great Company and Great environment.

Management seems to understand the needs of employees, and work together for the customer satisfaction in all aspects of the Biomedical field.
Very rewarding
Research Technician Assistant (Current Employee), Reno NVMay 11, 2014
This is a very rewarding job, challenging and able to learn a variety of new skills
Good learning opportunity
Associate Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee), Redfield, ARMay 10, 2014
Nice opportunity to learn about QA duties within the company.
Good place to begin career
Research Technician I (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAMay 5, 2014
Great place to learn, younger staff fresh out of college. High turnover and burn rates due to wages.
Demanding and unreasonable work environment
I prefer not to identify (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAApril 8, 2014
Work/life balance does not exist with the overbearing and unreasonable management team
A Great Work To place
Animal Technician I (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: people work together to accomplish tasks as a team
Cons: job loss due to department re-organization
During the time of my employment with Charles River I came to understand that the people who work in laboratories ? Scientists, vets, animal texhnicians are human being like everyone else and work hard to help in the developing of new drugs. for many of them it is their primary responsibility to look after the animals.
A good place to work
Tech (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAFebruary 21, 2014
Close-knit, family-oriented atmosphere. Many employees have been working there 20+ years and their family members go on to work there as well. Salary and benefits are not as competitive as other places with similar work. Impossible to commute to without a car. Good cafeteria.
Productive and friendly workplace environment
Technologist (Current Employee), Portage, MIFebruary 9, 2014
Charles River has taught me how to face challenges when working in a fast paced production environment. The Management team is always willing to help the employees.
Productive and Comfortable workplace
Senior Lab Technologist (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAJanuary 15, 2014
It is a good place to work where I have acquired a lot of skills
Project Manager/Senior Analytical Research Chemist
Project Manager/Senior Analytical Research Chemist (Former Employee), Horsham, PAJanuary 9, 2014
Managed analytical studies (GLP) for pharmaceutical clients
Method development and validation
Coordinated stability testing.
Supervised and trained analytical technicians performing project work.
Reviewed and released analytical study data.
Installed additional HPLCs to increase sample throughput capabilities.
Troubleshooting, maintenance and repair – more... of HPLC, GC and UV-Vis instruments.
Wrote SOP’s, protocols, analytical methods, study deviations and final reports.
Performed OOS and OOT investigations and addressed study audits.
Performed analytical testing of pharmaceutical samples.
Received a promotion. – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2013
Pros: paid lunch and people that care
Cons: cannot leave for your lunch or breaks
Excellent company to work for. I would go back any day! The job is very physical and you will work but that is a good thing to me. The company offers affordable bennefits and ample amounts of time off for whatever reason. If you treat them right, they will do the same.
Administrative Assistant/Data Entry Specialist
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 15, 2013
Pros: research of different studies
Cons: contractor
Contracting Human resources front office, aiding in screening prospective applicants at NIH Campus, ordering animals for research for NHLBI, coordinating correspondences to different government agencies on Campus. Monitoring employment background clearance status
Great work environment, great managers, projects and day to day activities are fun and challenging.
Business Analyst / IT Administrator (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: great work environment, great managers, i can stay late to catch up and/or get ahead
Cons: this is a contract position that will not become full time
Days are very packed at Charles River. There are always a lot of projects or activities going on which is good because there is never a dull moment and there is always something to do. If I get to a point in a project where I'm waiting on someone else, or an order to go through, I can put it on hold and pick up on another. One of my responsibilities – more... is to take quotes that managers get, place orders, get a purchase order numbers from purchasing department, confirm order with vendor, track shipment, receive the shipment, both physically and in the company system, enter new items into inventory, confirm pricing on vendor invoice and ensure accounting department pays vendor invoices. This is a daily activity and on any given day, there are a few open at various stages.

While at Charles River, I have learned a great deal about project management, computer networking, collaborating with all departments to ensure seamless operations and improving systems to maximize effectiveness. Additionally, I have improved my skills in evaluating business decisions, financial analysis and vendor relationships.

My managers are great and I really enjoy working with them. I was brought on to help them with their responsibilities working as Directors of Network Operations and Infrastructure. They took the time to introduce me to new processes, concepts and tasks. It didn't take long for them to trust me on my own and put me on projects where I was the primary point of contact. I have a great working relationship with my managers and they treat me as they treat other directors and senior level managers. – less
Productive, Engaging work environment
Intern (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAOctober 8, 2013
My time at Charles River has been great. Management within the IT department has always been very encouraging and supportive, while keeping everyone on task. No one in the office is stand offish or negative, everyone always had a positive attitude. This really helped me gain some experience while still remaining comfortable gaining the experience.

1 2 3 4

About Charles River Laboratories

Chickens and rats have an important part to play in Charles River Laboratories International's specialty portfolio of medical – Read more