Charles Schwab Employee Reviews

Overall Excels
Schwab Institutional Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2017
Overall Excels at providing the employee with a great opportunity to excel in there career path. Good benefits for all employee who work hard to improve there performance.
negative atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2017
managers discourage friendships between coworkers. No one takes responsibility for their actions. No work life balance. Hours are outside of the normal for a call center
Packed in like sardines
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 15, 2017
DO NOT APPLY. Even highly educated and well paid workers are given tiny cubicles with very low walls . Coworkers sit at their desks 3 feet behind you at most, as they very loudly lead conference calls and give presentations, and it is literally impossible to focus. Some workers leave their smart phone ringers on and you get to also hear that all day. You cannot work from home to escape the horrible conditions. DO NOT APPLY -- We have a highly diverse work force culturally. A disproportionate number of folks don't bathe often and they literally try to cover their odor up with perfume or baby powder. Because we are so densely packed in you literally smell them coming down the aisle. Lord help you if they stop at your desk. You have no escape. Sometimes two or three of them Walk closely by with competing perfume and baby powder. These are truly horrid working conditions. DO NOT APPLY HERE. I am literally Counting down the days til I can get out
Pros
Secure job
Cons
Bad working conditions
Growing company and lots of opportunity to grow
Client Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 13, 2017
Schwab is a great place to work and to make a career out of finance. Schwab likes to promote from with in and help their people grow, the believe in work and home life balance.
Fun - always an adventure
Receptionist/Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, COMarch 12, 2017
At the time, I advanced from mail-room to receptionist in 4 months. got to know 1500 employees in the building since I had many tasks for the facilities department, where I worked. But it was a joyful area and so much fun.
Pros
Meals, friends, all around happy
Cons
difficult to see advance beyond that department
Nice place to work
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 8, 2017
Good work culture, lot of projects in place and always engaged. lot to learn and all new technologies available. People are enthusiastic at work and lot of outdoor fun events.
Pros
New Technology
Cons
Tight schedule
Good Company
Wire Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2017
My 8+ years here are filled with a lot of great memories and many learning experiences. Stressful, but worth it most of the time. I miss a lot of the people there.
Great
Sr Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2017
Great company that truly puts the client first. Consistently innovates while staying true to initial vision and mission. Best co-workers I've worked with.
Pros
Sabbatical
Cons
Slow advancement
Working at nights
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 2, 2017
Had a fun filled job that was over nights. The hardest thing at Schwab was the mouth end work cause we worked long hours during that time of the mouth but we always made it thru it.
Well established corporation
Sr. Investigator/Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Good company to work for. Great benefits.

Daily challenges occur that a lot of compromises and there is always something new to learn, no matter how long one has been in the business.
Pros
Innovative
Enthusiastic Workplace
Wipro Technologies Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Handled latest Technologies and very Enthusiastic Team workers, Its an challenging environment where we can show our Talent. Our work will be acknowledged.
Good workplace but very limited space in San Francisco
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2017
I worked here for 17 years. Good workplace, good benefits development, good culture and they do their fare share in developing their employees, but their geo-strategy is causing a lot of San Francisco employees to leave or relocate
Pros
Good workplace with competitve benefits, good environment and development
Cons
Geo-strategy
when i worked there lots of layoffs, but that was along time ago
Stock Broker (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 26, 2017
cross training opportunities, good co workers, pay was lower end, good learning and training provided to get licensing, flexible hours, good team environment
Ethical business practices, good people, great training, exceptional benefits
Workplace Technology Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 24, 2017
Charles Schwab & Company hires people who truly care about their clients. Employees are trained to deliver great service. People with a lack of business ethics will not last long at this job. Because of their ethical standards, it was seminal in my determination to work for this firm.
Pros
One of the best work environments and cultures to be in
Cons
Lack of proper work/life balance, not much upward mobility, inflexible work hours
Funplace to work.
Windows System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin,TexasFebruary 22, 2017
I learned a lot from this Client how to work.The Mnagement is very supportive.The work atmostphere is soo nice and comforting.
I feel at home.
Great Pay and Great Benefits don't outweigh the rudeness of peers.
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Unfortunately the pay and benefits no longer outweigh the 'cya' attitude and lack of team work. If you're in Technical Support stay in Technology department otherwise there is no room for advancement unless you're a developer. 7 years ago I use to LOVE working at Schwab. Now it's all I can do to drag myself to work. Very sad.
Pros
Sabbatical every 5 years, great benefits all the way around.
Cons
CYA attitude instead focusing on an answer, total lack of teamwork, takes days instead of 5 minutes to get a straight answer from a team member, terrible working environment.
goal oriented
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 20, 2017
very good to work in this company with employee friendly atmosphere. Good at team work and very productive, with good learning atmosphere for beginners.
Na
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2017
There is great leadership at Schwab. They care about your career and if you want to go somewhere, they will help you get there if you put in the effort and show dedication. They are really good at hiring as there's a lot of strong talent.
Excellent work environment, workplace culture, benefits
Senior Restricted Stock Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Excellent place to work for with great benefits and pay. Great team working environment. High values, ethics, culture and opportunity to work with corporate executives and officers.
Pros
benefits, workplace, culture
Money and benefits good, terrible culture
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 15, 2017
The money and benefits were good at schwab. The workload was heavy and it was a terrible company culture. No one tried to get to know each other, not very friendly, very lonely work environment. You would go in, sit at your desk in your cubicle for 8 hours and stare at a computer screen. Very depressing work environment in my opinion. Not a place to meet friends. Very corporate and very career only oriented.
Pros
Money, benefits
Cons
work life balance, company culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Schwab. Our community is ready to answer.

89%