Charles Schwab

Charles Schwab Employer Reviews

A great place to work
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - ARCHITECT (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 14, 2015
A great place to work. I have had the terrific fortune to have been here for most of my telecom career. It is a wonderful place to keep pace with technology.
Company with growth opportunity
AP Team Lead/Manager (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: sabatical leave every 5 years
Charles Schwab offers competitive pay and growth opportunity. They offer continued training as it relates to my current and future position. CS believes in investing in their employees and helps them to feel appreciated and valued as an employee.
Fun and exciting work place
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: the view from the rooftop
Cons: short breaks
Loved Working there as an employee. A Day at work would look like; sign in at 7am. Start my daily report log. A perimeter Check is done. At 8, ill go to the garage and give an employee a break for 15 minutes. When im done with that, Time for IDF Rooms to be checked. Make sure the IDF rooms was too Hot/ Cold or any alarms going off on all 8 floors. Time for my Break then another perimeter Check. Perimeter checks are done every Hour. Sign in/out visitors, Great and answer phones. Im preforming those same duties every hour till 3pm.
Five Stars across the board!
Relationship Specialist- Advisor Services (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2015
One of the best companies to work for! Everyone is very helpful, numerous opportunities for career advancement, great hours, competitive pay, and educational opportunities available.
Established company with great people
Senior Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Schwab was a great company to work for. I worked there for three years and learned a great deal about working in the corporate environment, working with well established/large clients, and maintaining relationships through hard work and the building of trust.
I would recommend Schwab
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee), Kerrville, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good "tone at the top" for employees and clients
Cons: the "tone at the top" does not always saturate all levels of management
While Schwab is a very good company for which anyone can work, it still blindly struggles with middle management who are substandard for the task at hand. Like any other company, they have very good managers/directors that appreciate, develop and motivate their employees. And they also have managers that segregate, unmotivate and discourage very good employees. I can't count how many reviews of employee survey results that pointed out direct manager deficiencies, yet nothing was done to correct the issues. Just lip service and "plans" that did not truly address the core problems. This is not unique to Schwab, it is systemic to most large corporations from what my research has revealed. Still, I would highly recommend Schwab as an employer. The good far outweighs the bad.
Challenging and Fun place to work.
Consultant Network Engineer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 23, 2014
Charles Schwab is great place to work that allows a good work/life balance.
n/a
Settlement Specialist - Operation (Former Employee), phoenix azDecember 21, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Position requires knowledge non – CNS transactions with other broker dealers through various depositories and cleaning organization.
• Completed transactions to include ACATs, Broker to Broker, Institutional Prime Broker, and RVP/DVP.
• Performed a wide variety of activities on a daily basis under strict time constraints.
• Tasks range from simple to highly complex, and most activities performed involves risk.
• Completed daily tasks using internal systems such as Legacy, Alleycat, OnDemand, & Client Central and external applications include DTC, CitDirect, JPMorgan and
Charles Schwab
Customer Service/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great company
Due to a major surgery, I had leave. It was a great company to work for.
Decent schedules, easy work, slow advancement, monotonous work
Licensed Stockbroker (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 20, 2014
Pros: 4 and 3 day schedules, straightforward expectations, relaxed environment
Cons: lower compensation, monotonous work
A great place to start out of college to decide where you want to go in life. Even if you stay here you will have job security and opportunity for advancement and pay. If you're into good work culture, this place is pretty happy overall.
Excellent place to work
Human Resources Program Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 19, 2014
Schwab is an excellent place for career development. There is a great deal to learn and grow as a human resources professional.
Good place to work, with good priority given to Career aspirations
Module Lead (Current Employee), Lonetree, CONovember 8, 2014
Good place to work, with good priority given to Career aspirations
Relationship management with affluent clients
Associate Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 7, 2014
Pros: compensation, sense of accomplishment, and being rewarded and recognized for a job well done
Cons: advancement, relocation
Charles Schwab is a great company to work for in many aspects. The job as an associate financial consultant for Schwab boils down to making connections and building relationships with clients. My position in the local Schwab branch is to reach out to clients via phone, e-mail to discuss financial planning. As part of financial planning I would review their current portfolio, discuss any outside assets they might consolidate to Schwab, discuss Schwab's managed account solutions if appropriate for the client and review their overall financial picture. Financial planning involves discussing estate planning with clients, legacy planning, insurance needs and long term care medical needs, and finally debt management. The most enjoyable part of my job was building solid last lasting relationships with clients.
Management is not good besides that it is a good company to work for
Finance Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 5, 2014
The employees are not treated well by the management. Lack of advancement opportunities.
Enjoyable, and relationship oriented.
Senior Regional Bond Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2014
Financial advice for customers for retirement and growth of assets.
Always Learning Something New
Sr. Specialist - Account Solutions (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2014
A typical day is filled with unexpected surprises.

I am constantly learning something new.

My manager supports my constant growth and evolution in the company.

My colleagues are great resources and a wealth of knowledge.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist every client and take ownership of the situation until the issues are resolved.
Wonderful place to grow and learn the business
Equity Trader (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 26, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement
A great experience for young college graduate to start their career in this challenging, humbling, yet extremely exciting business. I was given the opportunity to work hard and rise through the ranks in a fairly quick manner. From day one I felt I would finish my career there. Obviously a tall order in this day and age, but Charles Schwab was (and is) an amazing place to hang your hat and I'm forever grateful to my past superiors and colleagues for the career-molding experience.
Unlimited Opportunities
Advisor Services Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaOctober 24, 2014
A day in the life of a Advisor Service Representative is to review emails for policy changes and new SEC regulations. Follow up on items that were not completed the day before. Run various reports such as call stats and number of work items that need to be processed to meet service standards. Assist the Advisor with their client's needs such as account opening, transfers/money movement, cost basis, corporate actions/tender offers, educating on changes to industry procedures. Work closely with other departments within Schwab to educate and be educated on their processes. The hardest part of the job for me was being on a rotating schedule. Having a young family can be challenging to meet their needs when there are schedule conflicts. The most enjoyable job was getting to learn about other departments, what they do and how that works in the Schwab model.
A finance company with a heart
Specialist - Contract Procurement and Purchasing (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
I would not have expected to be able to say a financial corporation could have heart, but this is truly the case with Charles Schwab. This is an organization that cares about the employees as people as well as their advancement within the company.
Stuctured Day
Risk & Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Pros: close to home, structured
Cons: to many lateral moves with no pay increase
Review Verification of Deposits and investigate Fraud. You learn a lot of different roles with the company with lateral moves.

1 2 3 4 5

About Charles Schwab

The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy – Read more