Charles Schwab Employee Reviews

Branding is key
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2017
The branding of Schwab is amazing over platforms like Bloomberg and all other platforms but the company is really not that diverse sadly. This would be something that would have Carnegie rolling over in his grave. He was about excellence and self improvement to those that wanted to succeed. Here at Schwab you have to "look the part" or "fit in" to the demographic stereotype of success... What a sad day.. I will strongly advise any foreign nationals looking to invest their money to avoid dealing with this firm..
Pros
Branding
Cons
Bad management, Entitled, and more
Great Company
Associate Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
Good place to start. You will learn a lot. Work/life balance can be tough. Great people and a great organization. I enjoyed my stay there. However, I wanted to branch out.
Great entry level positions for the finance industry
Senior Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 7, 2017
Unlimited training, overtime, additional licenses and advanced degrees keep you hungry for more. You look forward to their 1 month sabattical every 5 years as well.
Opportunity to work with great people
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2017
Schwab has been a progressive and inclusive place to work. I have been fortunate to work on a great team with collaborative business partners. Workload is heavy, but still feel that work/life balance is a priority for my management team.
Good Job / Good Company
VP Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJuly 4, 2017
Not much too say. Company benefits are very good. Great products and reputation. Culture is pretty good. Work / Life balance is excellent. Only negative tends to be they get sidetracked easy in management and objectives.
Pros
Pay / Work, Life Balance / Culture / Reputation
Cons
Not much
Procuctive and educational
Senior Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2017
I have worked for this company twice. It is an excellent company to work for but easy to get comfortable.

I would recommend anyone who wants to get into the corporate workplace.
Great Company
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 3, 2017
Great Company, I enjoyed my time here. Awesome Benefits, good pay and most importantly the appreciation of employees. Charles Schwab is an great company to work for not just a job but a career and a company you can grow old with.
Positive work environment
Managed Accounts Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2017
The workload in managed accounts was consistent most days and heavy on others. Team mates pitched in to help and the environment was very team oriented.
Benefits
Cons
repetitiveness of the work I did
Strong Culture
Senior Relationship Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
it takes a long time to get anywhere at Schwab and there are no clear paths to get to where you want to go. Management is of little help in that area. They do have quarterly and annual bonus and a strong 401k match.
Pros
401k match. strong culture
Cons
short lunch, reactive business instead of proactive
Very Great Culture!
ESTATE DISTRIBUTION SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2017
The team setting is amazing! I work with some of the most supportive teammates. Everyone is willing to help out in any way that they can. IF your looking for a positive team environment this is the company to work for!
Great Work Culture
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 20, 2017
Charles Schwab is a great company to work for. It is very diverse and great work/life balance. The culture of the workplace makes it easy for you to believe in the company and their clients.
Professional and fast paced.
Service Operations & Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2017
Charles Schwab gave me more opportunities than I can count. Training and support for special interests are always on par. Interest in other departments is always welcome, even if that means where an employee currently is will need to be left short.
Great Culture
Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2017
There were many different jobs I had at Charles Schwab. Company provides availability to advance and has a great culture. Hardest part of the job is dealing with Corporate America
Pros
401K & Health Benefits
Cons
Corporate American
productive and fun place to work
Associate Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXJune 16, 2017
Schwab is the best place i have worked so far,i am provided with every tool that i need to succeed including lots of opportunities,a friendly environment and good colleagues with great managers who guide me frequently on what to do.
Stressful Place to Work
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2017
I am a current employee of Schwab. The environment is extremely stressful. There is little room for growth. There is no room for individuality. Management does not take responsibility for their mistakes and tends to blame their direct reports. No one stands up for what is right as they are afraid to "rock the boat". Good benefits, hardly any diversity but "Schwabbies" are overall nice. I am currently looking for another job to have a work-life balance, where I do not have to work 12-hour days.
Great company and great teams to work with.
Retirement Services Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2017
Great company and great teams to work with. Schwab gives you the ability to path your career to position yourself in the desired field of choice with them. Best way to accelerate yourself through Schwab is to take your series 7/63 and then 9/10 licenses (paid for by Schwab). Failure to do so will limit your career choices with them. Succeed, and the world is your oyster to move mountains.
Good work/life balance and importance of work
Associate - Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2017
I really appreciate that the firm encourages a healthy living and also provides a good work/life balance.

Also, without going in detail here, I believe that the work done in our department is important in protecting the firm and its clients.
Wonderful Work Environment
Stockbroker (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJune 15, 2017
The culture at Charles Schwab is a great one, and depending on the location you work at the opportunities are endless. Compensation is around average.
Middle of the road place to work
Vice President, Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2017
Great starting point. Management could be better at coaching and guidance. It can get political in the retail branches. With new CRM software you can see who is working and who is coasting.
Great Place to Grow
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2017
This is a company that encourages you to reach your full potential. They help you figure out the path that is best suited fir you and work on an action plan to accomplish that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Schwab. Our community is ready to answer.