Charles Schwab

Charles Schwab Employer Reviews

Great cultured finance company
Associate Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 19, 2014
Opportunity to move-up. Lots of community involvement. Diligence in training new employees and providing tools to be successful.
Wonderful place to work; a company that really puts it's clients first
Event Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2014
Wonderful place to work; a company that really puts it's clients first
Ethical environment devoted to clients
Senior Client Service Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: advancement nearly impossible unless you relocate to a sweaty armpit states
supportive environment to learn finance, especially if you want to do it ethically and according to IRS regulation.
Very busy environment full of deadlines
Associate - Investment Banking (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: health care was outrageous.
started work at 630am - 300pm
ran reports, deadline 730
Pay No Pay for client account deadline 10:30 (170 items a day)
Sig Review, deadline 11:30 (45 items a day)
management was very laid back but also involved, co-workers worked very well together as a group. Deadlines and Sig Review was the hardest part. Sig Review was trying to determine fraud checks from valid checks. My co-workers were the best part of my job.
Only work for Schwab if you are a Clean cut Conservative, Accountant
New Accounts Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: 1 month sabatical every 5 years. seriously the only reason to stay!
Cons: close minded, low pay for the industry, horrible management
Schwab has a very , Very conservative culture. Anyone who thinks outside the box or has any type of imagination should steer clear of this company. This company is very slow to grow and very slow to change. There is a absurd obsession with obtaining the Series 7 license, however 60% of the work in the company doesn't require any type of exposure to trading securities. Those who can not past the Series 7 test are treated like underlings or fired.
Very Structured
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Charles Schwab was a great place to learn about corporate America. I learned a great deal of what goes into it and how much support staff you need around you to be successful. My daily duties consist of wire transfer for clients and batching out check deposits for the customers. It was not a stressful job as they tried their best to not put a lot of pressure on anyone, but you were still expected to complete your daily task.

Although I was let go because of cutbacks, I understood. It was very frustrating to be let go, but I knew that it was not because of anything I did. The company could just not afford it.
Great company to begin a career
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Great company and benefits. There are good chances for advancement if you are a demonstrated team player.
Coworkers were informative
Customer Tax Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 26, 2014
I was hired through a recruiting firm for a seasonal position.

A typical day was utilized by calling dozens of mutual fund companies that had foreign investments and obtaining that countries tax rate. These rates were put into a database.

Providing calculations and percentages to clients for their capital gains or losses.
Good company to work for
Registered Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: sitting at a desk all day
Good culture of learning/coaching and cooperation. Learned everything about the stock market. Great managers. Fun coworkers. The hard part is being tethered to the phone all day. The most enjoyable part was the team building.
Cool
Client Tax Reporting (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2014
This is a steady environment, laid back. They provide a lot of information on health and environment.
An Excellent Place to ork
Client Banking Services Rep (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Charles Schwab! The environment was extremely comfortable yet the management wasnt as friendly as anticipated. I would definately consider going back there :)
N/A
Active Investor Broker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Lots of training provided. Call center environment so you're constantly on the phone.
Solid company
Broker ( Self Study Program) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Great place to work. Expect to spend the first 18 months taking calls on the phones.
Great Place - but working through SDLC across functional areas
Senior Business Analyst, Business Analyst Lead (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 29, 2014
Great Place - but working through SDLC across functional areas
OK company to work for
Ops specialist / Exec Assistant to Team Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: bonuses, casual work environment
Cons: certain departments would throw you under the bus if they could
When the stock market was great, so was the morale of the employees. When the marker wasn't great, the morale was not good. Great bonuses though when times were good.
Good people, not a good place to work.
Registered Rep/ Loan Officer (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 19, 2014
Poor leadership, unrealistic expectations, inferior technology.
It was a GREAT place to start and end my career
Wide Area/Data Communications Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: advancements, in house and offsite education throughtout my career, excellent teamship, an over all great working environment
I worked for Schwas for 15 years at which I started entry level at a time the company was developing. I grew as the company grew which allowed me to advance in a variety of positions within the company from administrative to advance technical communication positions.
Great opportunities for growth
Sr. Lead Developer, Technical Business analyst (Former Employee), Englewood ColoradoJuly 15, 2014
I Worked there for 20 months. Worked with several different groups of people. They have a great Toastmasters Club there also.
Large Corp.
REGIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good work ethics
Cons: usual large coporation bureacracy
I enjoyed working for Schwab, large corporation so many areas of growth professionally. Good management and work ethic.
Always felt like a "contractor"
Network Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great pay, excellent use of my skills, convenient to my home
Cons: repetitive. no real company spirit or feeling.
We were nested away in a relatively small section of Metrotech Center. Everyone there except for one or two people actually was a contractor supporting the Schwab NE domain. The problems we worked on were sophisticated troubleshooting problems generally having to do with whether major connections (which form the backbone of the internet) where up and involved relatively routine troubleshooting tasks and intrusive testing. Once the source of the problem was identified, it was easy enough to fix.

I really don't have much to say about Schwab one way or the other. I didn't really become acquainted with Schwab through this job and I am really not able to comment.

About Charles Schwab

The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy – Read more