Charles Schwab Employee Reviews

Challenging work with good benefits
RPS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2017
The company has better benefits than most companies, they offer some dependent care pay, 5 year sabbaticals, and just began paid maternity leave.
I have enjoyed this job in many ways. They have good training classes within and out of scope of your position, offer events for employees, and continually aim to do better.
I have had issues with management being inappropriate in the workplace and not advancing. They have a long way to go on improving systems.
Pros
Cafe, benefits, sabbatical
Cons
management inappropriateness, no advancement
Times have changed at Chuck's house
Senior Associate Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 8, 2017
There was a time when Schwab represented the cutting edge of technology and foresight in the brokerage industry. Today is has grown into the corporate machine that represents the antithesis of what the Schwab culture was built upon. There is no value placed on long time employees and they pay is not competitive. There is no opportunity for growth. I would not recommend Schwab as a long-term employer,
Pros
ethical firm, competetive pricing for clients
Cons
poor work enviornment, low pay, undervalue employees
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 8, 2017
It was a good place to work. I learned a lot. They ensured you were learning and developing. Compensation was fair. Management was ok. Thank you,
They actually care about their employees!
Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 7, 2017
Work life balance is great and the time off available for family life is great. Pay seems about average for the work done. I started with Schwab to start a career and would continue with the company if they were not relocating my job to another office. There would be opportunity for advancement if I was willing to make the move.
Pros
Work-life balance is great
Cons
They moved my job
seniot trader (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 7, 2017
Competetive salary, excellent benefits, enthusiastic culture. The place is fun to work we have lots of laughs but still stay focused to deliver for our clients.
Specialist/Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2017
Great atmosphere and place to work. The culture is amazing and most of management cares about your development and growth. I was at Schwab 3 yrs and 8 months.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Flexibility
Cons
Short breaks, No advancement
Cubicle City
Institutional Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2017
Not a place for an employee who is looking to grow. The job is very robotic. The days seem to never end as the work is not satisfying and management is one that promotes a culture of passing the buck instead of accepting responsibility.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great Place
Associate QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 5, 2017
Amazing place to work! Highly professional and knowledgeable professionals. Everyone learns from each other for the place is diverse. If you respect and the best possible quality is on top of your list, this place is for you!
An ok place to work
Assistant Financial Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2017
Everyone is nice and management is good but the job is tedious and the same thing everyday, there isn't much room for growth within the company and it takes forever to meet the "hurdles" you have to jump to move up.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
10hour days, 30 mins lunches
great place to work
Schwab Technology Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 4, 2017
Job Work/Life Balance great very flexible
Compensation/Benefits excellent pay for interns
Job Security/Advancement do goo, you get the offer
All Superb!

Want to know more about Charles Schwab?

Ask a question
Good job for the right person
Stock Broker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2017
Schwab was a great stepping stone in my career. This is not a job I could see myself doing long term. But for the right person It is a decent job. Just know this is basically a call center if you are very customer service driven and don't mind taking 60-70 calls a day then it may work for you.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
weak management
Amazing People
Security (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2017
Working here takes the cake. You have less daily stress and you get work done. No micromanagement (at least not from my manager), pay is great and you don't have to work weekends.
Great company, great people
Senior Product Manager, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2017
Excellent company and great people. I met so many good people there who we are still great friends. My boss was effective and interested in seeing that I was happy and that I had what I needed to succeed.
Very good fun place to work with
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2017
Have been working for Charles Schwab account for nearly 10 years. As soon as I passed out of college, my first company and project is Wipro and Charles Schwab.
I would continue to work here, if my family was not relocating.
Margins Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2017
Most positions are very structured, with little room for individual schedule manipulation. 2 of my 3 managers were great, and extremely helpful in guiding my career path.
Pros
Great home/life balance
Cons
Easily feel like you are burnt out
Amazing work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 24, 2017
I loved working for this company. I was challenged and also very welled trained. They promoted job advancement and also allowed me to try out different departments. I was very sad when I had to leave and know that I would still be there today.
good work
Pega Business Architect (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2017
it is a good place to work and have a well balanced life.
Only issue is due to it being a financial institute we have late night and weekend installs.
Na
Customer Service & Active Trader Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2017
You're really nothing more than a number. They want every single second of your time. The Service Center is run like a financial sweat shop and you are chained to the phone from the time you get there until the time you leave.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Everything else
Relaxed, but focused workplace.
Intern Retirement plan services (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHMay 19, 2017
I was an Intern at Charles Schwab and I had the opportunity to experience the Operations department. The culture of the company is everybody help everybody, and do right by their clients.

As an Intern we were able to meet with many high level management and they would give us an Overview of what their team does and what opportunities they had to offer.

As an Intern we were well compensated and were given many chances to learn, and make mistakes.
Pros
Great work environment, and even better people.
Cons
Wish i could have stayed longer.
It was a great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2017
I learned alot at Charles Scwhab it was a great and fun place to work we had great management and great supervisors Co-workers helped you out with things you didn't know how to do
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
We had 30min breaks and great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Schwab. Our community is ready to answer.