Charles Schwab Employee Reviews

Excellent company culture
Technical Director, Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2016
The best thing about Schwab is the corporate culture. Your co-workers have all been through the same rigorous hiring process, and you can depend on their skills. I have been here 3 months, and can say that people want to work together to achieve good results, and they want to help new folks be successful.

Overall, I have found the culture to be:
- collaborative
- ethical, honest
- supportive
- respectful

This is the best company I have worked for!
Pros
Smart, supportive co-workers
Cons
only 3 weeks vacation (but sabbatical after every 5 years)
Great work/life balance
Account Solutions Administrator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 27, 2016
One of the best places I have worked at. Great application process to determine if you a good fit for the company. Wonderful time and dates to work. Caring management that listen to your goals and aspirations and try everything in their power to help you attain said goals.
Too much mico management. Too many meetings
Mainframe Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 10, 2016
Pay is great Terrible management. The client is number 1. There is always somebody. looking over my shoulder.Too many low level managers
Pros
They always focus on the client
Cons
Too many stab in the back employees
Great place to work!
Vice President Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 8, 2016
Schwab really cares for its employees. Benefit packages are nice, too. They are generous with time off, sabbatical every 5 years. Company trains their employees. Very professional environment and everyone speaks to each other respectfully. Colleagues always willing to help. Partners within Schwab are useful.
Pros
May pros: challenger brand company, publicly traded, excellent workplace.
Cons
Operations can be inefficient, but the company has their process in tact.
Overall good
Associate, Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2016
work life balance is nice but you may be required to work evening events, but those events typically include free good work and sometimes drinks. comp is not great considering what is required of you and compared to the industry. advancement can be hit or miss.
Great place to start your career
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAMarch 5, 2016
Charles Schwab is a good place to work especially if you are starting out in financial services. They are in multiple locations and have over 300 branches across the United States so many opportunities to move around. The culture is collaborative and fun most of the time. You can also experience very busy periods especially during market hours and tax season
Pros
Support getting Series 7, great teams and people
Cons
Can get very busy during market hours
good work place
Financial Data Analyst/ Account Solutions (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 29, 2016
8 am to 5 pm mon thru fri. typical data analyst position that required a lot of attention to detail. took in coming and made out going calls to client to facilitate there account problem resolution.
Great team
Analytics Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2016
It is a pleasure to work at Schwab. Everyone on my team is very smart, friendly, and motivated. I am constantly learning and contributing.
Enjoyed the challenges of learning new processes
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 7, 2016
My time at this company was the most enjoyable time as far as learning several aspects of jobs within the organization. They allowed me to cross train , therefore I became a valuable employee. The people made the job feel more like a family and I enjoyed coming into work everyday.
Pros
cross training, dedication to customer service
Exciting and Challenging
Asset Risk & Compliance Business/Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2016
Schwab is an energized and enjoyable work environment. Plenty of challenges to alleviate boredom. It is a fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes.
No Comment
Charitable Operations (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Great place to work. I learned a lot, wish contract would have lasted longer, However, there was no advancement opportunity.
Great culture and encouraging management
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2016
The company has a lot of room for growth and opportunity. Management is supportive and encouraging. Development is a big focus within the company.
Work hard. Play hard.
financial services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2016
- Great place to start career in financial services
- Flexible management and smart peers
- Open work environment
- High turnover ratio
- Getting licensed
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Short breaks
N/a
Web Producer (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHJanuary 16, 2016
I worked there for 9 years. It was not far to travel, as I live nearby. My car is not very good, so this was a huge advantage for me. It was a good place to work. I would recommend this as a place to work.
Stable and secure company
Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Charles Schwab is a company that cares about its employees and the growth of their careers. Management and leadership are more than happy to help you pursue whatever career path you may have within the company. This company is more than willing to invest its resources in you because they understand the value of employee retention.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks and salary
A great place to start my career
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2016
I began at Charles Schwab as an intern and after proving myself I was offered a full time position. The salary was very competitive and I felt empowered. The only reason I left was due to downsizing in which I was impacted. Otherwise I would have liked to stay and continue my career but overall a great experience.
Okay
Project manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2016
Lost and not what it used to be. Profits are now generated off the back of the lowest paid frontline employees. Low pay for high amounts of work and responsibility. Very little care for development of employees.
Not a good place for contractors or training
Project Coordinator and Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 4, 2016
I received no training. I learned everything through trial and error, which I must say is an inefficient way to run a company. I was told that everyone in my dept started as a contractor, yet they decided to create my same position within the company, hired someone else and gave her work that would have otherwise come to me. I had some busy weeks, but mostly I was bored out of my mind, constantly asking different managers for work. Then, half the time, I would be told by my direct manager that I couldn't do that work because it didn't fall under my department's duties. Talk about passing the buck. I understand that for risk management purposes, some things need to stay isolated, but there were some tasks that definitely fell within our department. She just didn't want to take the time to teach me, which is ridiculous because any instructions I got from her were delivered in less than 2 min.
Brief Review
Team Lead (On Site Manager) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2016
Great place to work many opportunities for advancement. Employees are treated with respect and enjoy what they do and the service they provide.
Great Atmosphere/Not enough career options
Investor Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2015
Charles Schwab had a great community of professionals to work with. Unfortunately, they do not have career path options to get to each area within the company. For example, I am interested in equity research and they only hire people with outside experience for those positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Schwab. Our community is ready to answer.