Charles Schwab

Charles Schwab Employee Reviews

Challenging and Fun place to work.
Consultant Network Engineer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 23, 2014
Charles Schwab is great place to work that allows a good work/life balance.
n/a
Settlement Specialist - Operation (Former Employee), phoenix azDecember 21, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Position requires knowledge non – CNS transactions with other broker dealers through various depositories and cleaning organization.
• Completed transactions to include ACATs, Broker to Broker, Institutional Prime Broker, and RVP/DVP.
• Performed a wide variety of activities on a daily basis under strict time constraints.
• Tasks range from simple to highly complex, and most activities performed involves risk.
• Completed daily tasks using internal systems such as Legacy, Alleycat, OnDemand, & Client Central and external applications include DTC, CitDirect, JPMorgan and
Charles Schwab
Customer Service/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great company
Due to a major surgery, I had leave. It was a great company to work for.
Decent schedules, easy work, slow advancement, monotonous work
Licensed Stockbroker (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 20, 2014
Pros: 4 and 3 day schedules, straightforward expectations, relaxed environment
Cons: lower compensation, monotonous work
A great place to start out of college to decide where you want to go in life. Even if you stay here you will have job security and opportunity for advancement and pay. If you're into good work culture, this place is pretty happy overall.
Excellent place to work
Human Resources Program Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 19, 2014
Schwab is an excellent place for career development. There is a great deal to learn and grow as a human resources professional.
Good place to work, with good priority given to Career aspirations
Module Lead (Current Employee), Lonetree, CONovember 8, 2014
Good place to work, with good priority given to Career aspirations
Relationship management with affluent clients
Associate Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 7, 2014
Pros: compensation, sense of accomplishment, and being rewarded and recognized for a job well done
Cons: advancement, relocation
Charles Schwab is a great company to work for in many aspects. The job as an associate financial consultant for Schwab boils down to making connections and building relationships with clients. My position in the local Schwab branch is to reach out to clients via phone, e-mail to discuss financial planning. As part of financial planning I would review their current portfolio, discuss any outside assets they might consolidate to Schwab, discuss Schwab's managed account solutions if appropriate for the client and review their overall financial picture. Financial planning involves discussing estate planning with clients, legacy planning, insurance needs and long term care medical needs, and finally debt management. The most enjoyable part of my job was building solid last lasting relationships with clients.
Management is not good besides that it is a good company to work for
Finance Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 5, 2014
The employees are not treated well by the management. Lack of advancement opportunities.
Enjoyable, and relationship oriented.
Senior Regional Bond Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2014
Financial advice for customers for retirement and growth of assets.
Always Learning Something New
Sr. Specialist - Account Solutions (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2014
A typical day is filled with unexpected surprises.

I am constantly learning something new.

My manager supports my constant growth and evolution in the company.

My colleagues are great resources and a wealth of knowledge.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist every client and take ownership of the situation until the issues are resolved.
Wonderful place to grow and learn the business
Equity Trader (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 26, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement
A great experience for young college graduate to start their career in this challenging, humbling, yet extremely exciting business. I was given the opportunity to work hard and rise through the ranks in a fairly quick manner. From day one I felt I would finish my career there. Obviously a tall order in this day and age, but Charles Schwab was (and is) an amazing place to hang your hat and I'm forever grateful to my past superiors and colleagues for the career-molding experience.
Unlimited Opportunities
Advisor Services Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaOctober 24, 2014
A day in the life of a Advisor Service Representative is to review emails for policy changes and new SEC regulations. Follow up on items that were not completed the day before. Run various reports such as call stats and number of work items that need to be processed to meet service standards. Assist the Advisor with their client's needs such as account opening, transfers/money movement, cost basis, corporate actions/tender offers, educating on changes to industry procedures. Work closely with other departments within Schwab to educate and be educated on their processes. The hardest part of the job for me was being on a rotating schedule. Having a young family can be challenging to meet their needs when there are schedule conflicts. The most enjoyable job was getting to learn about other departments, what they do and how that works in the Schwab model.
A finance company with a heart
Specialist - Contract Procurement and Purchasing (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
I would not have expected to be able to say a financial corporation could have heart, but this is truly the case with Charles Schwab. This is an organization that cares about the employees as people as well as their advancement within the company.
Stuctured Day
Risk & Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Pros: close to home, structured
Cons: to many lateral moves with no pay increase
Review Verification of Deposits and investigate Fraud. You learn a lot of different roles with the company with lateral moves.
Great cultured finance company
Associate Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 19, 2014
Opportunity to move-up. Lots of community involvement. Diligence in training new employees and providing tools to be successful.
Wonderful place to work; a company that really puts it's clients first
Event Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2014
Wonderful place to work; a company that really puts it's clients first
Ethical environment devoted to clients
Senior Client Service Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: advancement nearly impossible unless you relocate to a sweaty armpit states
supportive environment to learn finance, especially if you want to do it ethically and according to IRS regulation.
Very busy environment full of deadlines
Associate - Investment Banking (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: health care was outrageous.
started work at 630am - 300pm
ran reports, deadline 730
Pay No Pay for client account deadline 10:30 (170 items a day)
Sig Review, deadline 11:30 (45 items a day)
management was very laid back but also involved, co-workers worked very well together as a group. Deadlines and Sig Review was the hardest part. Sig Review was trying to determine fraud checks from valid checks. My co-workers were the best part of my job.
Only work for Schwab if you are a Clean cut Conservative, Accountant
New Accounts Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: 1 month sabatical every 5 years. seriously the only reason to stay!
Cons: close minded, low pay for the industry, horrible management
Schwab has a very , Very conservative culture. Anyone who thinks outside the box or has any type of imagination should steer clear of this company. This company is very slow to grow and very slow to change. There is a absurd obsession with obtaining the Series 7 license, however 60% of the work in the company doesn't require any type of exposure to trading securities. Those who can not past the Series 7 test are treated like underlings or fired.
Very Structured
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Charles Schwab was a great place to learn about corporate America. I learned a great deal of what goes into it and how much support staff you need around you to be successful. My daily duties consist of wire transfer for clients and batching out check deposits for the customers. It was not a stressful job as they tried their best to not put a lot of pressure on anyone, but you were still expected to complete your daily task.

Although I was let go because of cutbacks, I understood. It was very frustrating to be let go, but I knew that it was not because of anything I did. The company could just not afford it.

About Charles Schwab

The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy – Read more

Charles Schwab Salaries