Charles Schwab Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Work Enviroment
Brokerage Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2015
Damasco & Associates is a fabulous place to work. The management is supportive and the company takes the time to properly educate their employees on software and job related issues.
Pros
Great Management
Only work for Schwab if you are a Clean cut Conservative, Accountant
New Accounts Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2014
Schwab has a very , Very conservative culture. Anyone who thinks outside the box or has any type of imagination should steer clear of this company. This company is very slow to grow and very slow to change. There is a absurd obsession with obtaining the Series 7 license, however 60% of the work in the company doesn't require any type of exposure to trading securities. Those who can not past the Series 7 test are treated like underlings or fired.
Pros
1 month sabatical every 5 years. seriously the only reason to stay!
Cons
close minded, low pay for the industry, horrible management
Contract Worker Charles Schwab
Client and Account Data Control (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
I came into the company as a contract worker, and was told I would be doing data entry, however I ended up unloading boxes, and sorting mail. You are expected to do whatever they want you to do as a contract worker, and you are not given any benefits or bonuses as a permanent employee. Do not work there as a contract or temporary employee, as you will not be treated well by management or staff.
Pros
Cafeteria, and nice location
Cons
short breaks, overworked, and understafffed
Great Culture
Confidential (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 12, 2016
Good culture but lacks job security in San Francisco. You need to be with the firm for a long time to move up in position. Management is supportive.
Exciting place to work!
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2015
Typical day:

I managed departmental calendars, coordinated meetings, organized events for all levels of management, and initiated and completed equipment, furniture removal and placement for team members.

I arranged travel and prepared expense reports for executive officers, and purchased supplies and equipment for multiple departments.

I managed monthly distribution lists and vacation schedules for executives and team members, and assisted managers on monthly budgets for department expenses.

I co-ordinated interviews for open positions within the department.
Pros
Learning new skills
Enjoyable work place
Funds Additions Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2015
Charles Swab was a temporary job, I was only allow to learn certain level of the business. I enjoyed working there. Management was great. Co-worker was very helpful.
Pros
enjoyable environment.
Cons
short employment length
Great work environment, very top heavy
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2012
Schwab is a great place to work with an excellent corporate culture. Most at Schwab understand that people have personal lives and will accommodate for that, so long as you have your responsibilities covered. The general atmosphere is fairly laid back, which means that as an employee you have to take the initiative frequently. In IT, they haven't figured out how to promote lower level employees. This is because they hire in many employees at the senior staff level, which results in the company being quite top-heavy. There is no defined criteria in IT land for promotion and it often seems to be at management's whim. However, as long as you perform well, job security is almost ensured, barring unusual circumstances.
Company has a great culture but they need to raise their salaries
Broker in Training (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2015
The company has a great culture and they show appreciation to their employees often. The company offers many options you just have to pass mandatory licensing test to advance which could take a lot of time.
Great team
Analytics Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2016
It is a pleasure to work at Schwab. Everyone on my team is very smart, friendly, and motivated. I am constantly learning and contributing.
Exciting and Challenging
Asset Risk & Compliance Business/Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2016
Schwab is an energized and enjoyable work environment. Plenty of challenges to alleviate boredom. It is a fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes.
Okay
Project manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2016
Lost and not what it used to be. Profits are now generated off the back of the lowest paid frontline employees. Low pay for high amounts of work and responsibility. Very little care for development of employees.
Great company
Managing Director - Platform Product Management (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2013
- Company is unique for a financial services company. They generally care about their clients and that is reflected in the company culture
- The company is a relationship organization. To be successful, you must play nice in the sand box and meetings to drive consensus are routine.
-Great place to learn a lot about retail financial services; from brokerage, investment management, excellent marketing and financial services/product distribution
- Good work life balance
- Challenges; company operates on razor thin margins and resources are always a challenge. Things move slow
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at Charles Schwab the atmosphere was very chilled. I sat on the contractor row and most people kept to themselves and everyone had headphones to kind of drown out all of the noise since everyone had conference calls there.
Pros
Your tasked with projects and not micro managed
Cons
Parking can be a hassle
N/a
Web Producer (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHJanuary 16, 2016
I worked there for 9 years. It was not far to travel, as I live nearby. My car is not very good, so this was a huge advantage for me. It was a good place to work. I would recommend this as a place to work.
Decent schedules, easy work, slow advancement, monotonous work
Licensed Stockbroker (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2014
A great place to start out of college to decide where you want to go in life. Even if you stay here you will have job security and opportunity for advancement and pay. If you're into good work culture, this place is pretty happy overall.
Pros
4 and 3 day schedules, straightforward expectations, relaxed environment
Cons
lower compensation, monotonous work
Good
Sr. Build and Continuous Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2015
It is a good company to learn and grow. Good opportunities to define the career effectively. Work culture is good; and fun activities are good.
Quaterly Fun outing. Free base ball game.
Sr. Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2015
Review and process all incoming incidents reports for multiple fraud types, affecting customer brokerage accounts.

Mentored by experienced management. We have no control of the volumes luckily we are working in a fun and cooperative environment.
Pros
Half day off prior to long weekend or holiday.
Cons
A busy and high demanding environment
very nice place to work
Chief Technology Architect (Former Employee) –  san franciscoSeptember 30, 2015
great people, great technology and a fantastic work culture. Great location in the financial district. Proximity to all great places to eat always helps
Pros
people
Cons
Decent big corporation place to work and build professional skills
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoNovember 15, 2013
Typical large corporation environment. Top down priorities, highly matrixed, etc. Consensus driven culture, initiatives require buy in and support from multiple levels and departments.

A lot of talented people to work with. Generally friendly culture.

Usually standard 40 hour work week, with some overtime required when projects are time sensitive.

Promotion opportunities for those that work hard and have projects that are high priority and visible to leadership.
Fun and Interactive workplace with young professionals
Participant Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHAugust 19, 2013
I take a lot of inbound phone calls from 401(k) participants. We field questions regarding any and all issue regarding the employer sponsored account. On any given day, I will be assigned different tasks, ranging from outbound calls to helping our Quality Assurance team review phone calls. I really enjoy working with my co-workers. Schwab has a lot of young professionals, so its easy to get along with everyone.
Pros
awesome management, good career advancement, great benefits