Charleston County School District

Charleston County School District Employee Reviews

In the business of educating every child
Teacher (Current Employee), Haut Gap Middle School-ASMMay 15, 2015
Charleston County School District works had to educate every child. The system does its best to provide a positive, safe, learning environment to all of its staff and students.
Very relaxed and fun setting
Intern (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMay 13, 2015
I learned how to interpret and translate Spanish. I gained invaluable insight on the hispanic population and the challenges they face when coming to the United States.
Just Okay
Spanish Teacher (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMay 6, 2015
Typical school district in the ever evolving world. The leadership demand to use technology, but doesn't supply the appropriate materials.
Community Outreach
Intern (Former Employee), CharlestonApril 30, 2015
*Serving as a liaison to and for parents, consulting with school officials, parents, and outside resources to determine causes of truancy, failing grades, misbehavior, and to implement a solution.
*Orchestrated group sessions, one-on-one sessions, classroom observations, and parent meetings to Carried two territories simultaneously while team member was out on medical leave.
*Interview clients individually, or families to assess their situation to determine what services are required to meet their needs and using outside resources to help meet that need.
The Kids
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Charleston, South CarolinaApril 10, 2015
Pros: Lunch time
Cons: Bickering staff
Fixing lunches
How to portion out the food
Management was ok
The co-workers were alright at times
The hard part was trying to stop the kids from stealing snacks
The enjoyable part was cleaning up to go home
inadequite pay for substitute teachers
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great teachers
Cons: need to increase pay for substitutes
I've never been terminated from a job and love working with others, I bring knowledge and experience in most areas along with the idea that safety comes first. No job is to hard! some just take longer that others. the school district tend to disagree.
Still working here
Substitute Teacher/ Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), 75 Calhoun street charleston, scFebruary 18, 2015
I Sub in several different schools for Charleston County School . I've learned that each individual student has personnel differences between them no one child or student are the same their lively hood are very different and their ability to learn are not the same. Each classroom that I work in are set up different and the Staff treat you fairly. It depends on the location but overall everyone is very nice and helpful when needed.
Nothing is hard only if you make that way. Seeing the smiles on the children face when they see you again in another class and greeting you with a hug, that's the great reward of all.
Great Start
Secretary/Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: decent hours.
The team I worked with was great. The hardest part of the job was calling to find individuals who haven't made payments. The most enjoyable part was forming relationships with various people.
CDL bus driver trainer
School Bus Driver Trainer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 27, 2014
Pros: very little supervision
Cons: worked out in humid weather
I trained new and current school bus divers for upgrade on their CDL licenses. I held classes for up to 30 drivers at one time. I had an opportunity to learn how to deal with different personalities.
Temporary employment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: meeting the children
Cons: they did not have a benefit package
The job of a substitute teacher was to attend to the class because the regular teacher was out. Sometimes you were just babysitting other times you were actually teaching the students.
I learned that sometimes students want a teacher they can rely on and teach them, not teach at them.
The principle was very helpful in making sure the students respected their substitute teacher at any cost.
The other teachers were very helpful.
The hardest part was leaving the children that I bonded with at this one particular school.
The most enjoyable part was meeting the students and bonding with them.
Inspiring school to work with
Teacher's Assistant/Educational Interpreter (Former Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 30, 2014
Amazing teachers in all areas, phenomenal support staff from the janitors all the way to the principal's office. Truly an amazing place to work. The most enjoyable part was working with students with such amazing talents.
Team working eviroment relaxed and low stress
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), charleston, scSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: ensuring that the students have the necessary services/tools to be productive in school
Cons: compensation, benefits
Supervisor is flexible and understanding to employee's needs. The overall culture is conducive to sustaining elevated levels of morale.
Guidance Registar (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 7, 2014
A great place to work. Would work here again......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Good place to work with children
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: no weekend work
Cons: flexible working schedules and ability to work at schools near where you live.
I enjoy working with children and teaching because I am an advocate for education. Co-workers are great. There are days that can be challenging yet rewarding.
Productive and fun work place
Payroll Technician IV (Former Employee), Charleston,June 11, 2014
Great place to work. Co-workers were very nice and friendly.
CCSD
Teacher (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 20, 2014
CCSD ensures that success of its employees through the use of constant professional development.
Awesome Company with plenty knowledge to gain and retain
Human Resources Benefits File Clerk (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and location
Cons: my position is part-time
CCSD is a wonderful company, especially the HR Benefits staff. The cohesiveness of that office, makes each work day worth it. The ladies are an absolute joy to be around. Each person helps the other so the entire office can meet all deadlines as demanded.
A productive work place with great colleagues
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee), 3999 Bridge View Dr, North Charleston, SC 29405February 14, 2014
This is a great place to work in that your exposure to various elements of finance gives you more marketable skills.
Challenging workplace
Teacher (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: technology opportunities
Cons: difficult environment for me
The school I was assigned has high risk, low socio-economic students which come with its own unique environment. The hardest part of the job was adjusting my teaching style to different environment with special needs. This school was challenging anything I've been exposed to prior. Management was good, staff was accepting and I learned many techniques from veteran teachers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students in extracurricular activities because that was where they felt more successful.
Challenging...
Lead Teacher of Pre-Kindergarten (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 24, 2014
Charleston County Schools have average benefits; however, tend to take more monies out for retirement than they match and that salaries are able to accommodate.

Teaching children is a passion and love that an individual must have to be in this profession. The co-workers were difficult to work with, provided an environment of hostility and team work was non-existent. That was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable was teaching.