CHARLESTON COUNTY Employee Reviews

Jobs in Charleston.
Poll Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 10, 2017
1.) A typical day at work is okay.
2.) What I've learned is how tend to the customers even when they're upset.

3.) The management isn't easy as it looks.

4.) The hardest part of the job is dealing with unkind people, but you still have to be professional.

5.) The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different kind people who you might once a while appreciate what you're doing for them, also kind to you.
Pros
Good boss.
Cons
Bad boss.
charleston county dispatch
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 2, 2017
decent place to work - management and environment could be better, low staffing - they cant seem to keep employees - but decent pay and benefits all around.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
20 min breaks for 12 hour days
Poor management
Detention Deputy (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 6, 2017
Fast-paced, lack of management, and poor guidelines led to me being released due to a false charge. Then later arrested for this false charge. Case currently pending in court. Learned that the management only cares about themselves. A typical day there was to clean the facility and many various other jobs tasked for that day, being the only person in that department when there should have been 4. The hardest part of the job was to avoid the contact with inmates when that was all we worked around. The enjoyable part was that it was something that I really wanted to do.
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
work with fellow officers that don't care about the job
Summary Court Administration (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2017
Great company to work for. Everyone is very professional, friendly and family oriented. The clients are always satisfied. I loved working there.
High performing government that sets a high standard for its employees and rewards them in creative manners when demonstrated.
Deputy Director of Contracts and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 15, 2015
An Awesome place to work. Leadership cares about staff. Leadership leads by example. Leadership sets a high standard, and supports staff with meeting these standards. Staff are very supportive of each other. Demands are reasonable, and work balance is supported. Positive environment.....
good job
Clinical Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 23, 2015
screen members for eligibilty for treatement. Great job great pay. sucky supervisors
Summer Government Job
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 12, 2015
This was a summer job that thoroughly enjoyed, I learned a lot of clerical and secretary skills. My manager was very friendly as well as my coworkers. The job was overall pretty easy and I enjoyed dressing up the most!
I learn to my job better
Custodian (Current Employee) –  CHARLESTON COUNTYDecember 31, 2014
I learn a lot about my job and the place both jobs how work with difficult poeple etc. How to do my job better
Professsional and family oriented work environment
Beneficiary Services Representative (PEBLO) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 15, 2014
Same position as the previous Job at Lackland.. This Job is pretty much the same as the one I am currently doing.
Pros
great environment and job growth
Cons
when you lose supervisors that go on to new bases
No room for growth
Law Enforcement Specialist II (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 18, 2014
Working for the County is not a bad job but it doesn't have a lot of room to move up the latter.
Pros
lots of leave available
Cons
no room to move up
productive and painter
Maintenance and Repair Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 7, 2014
it is another day of painting and learning different techniques on better ways for maintenance and painting.
Wonderful people and program
Guardian Ad Litem (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 30, 2013
The GAL program is one of the best programs ever developed to help at need and in distress children. In spite of high case load, and grueling Court days and hours, these people stayed upbeat and positive and were great at motivating and keeping Guardians positive about our work..
Pros
Best program the State has in place
Cons
Not enough Guardians for the caseload-people dont like volunteering
Very boring
Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 21, 2012
This was my internship directly after college. I spent most of everyday in the copy room, copying 20 years worth of old septic tank files. I would periodically get to a computer and attach those files to parcel data using GIS.
military facility
Beneficiary Services Representative (PEBLO) (Current Employee) –  628th Medical GroupMay 26, 2012
a typical work day fro me changes from day to day. My job is based on a case by case day. I am not supervised but do have in house supervision. my co-workers are friendly and very fmaily oriented. The hardest part of my job is having soldiers leave without enough benefits to live off of once they transition into the civilian world. The best part is helping the soldiers to transition over and become self sufficient.
Pros
no insurance benefits
Cons
room for growth, great management, and professional atmosphere