Charley's Grilled Subs Employee Reviews

Coworkers made work go by faster.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 19, 2017
Charley's Grilled Subs was my first job. Since I was young, I knew I had to start somewhere and those places were not what I have always dreamed of. With the ongoing mindset of starting somewhere, I started at Charley's. I learned to become adaptive, responsible and very caring for the customer's satisfaction with/at Charley's.
Pros
Free lunch, coworkers
Cons
minimal breaks, cleanliness, management
On the Hotline
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Charley's. They had the best grilled subs around. I met great friends and It was a great environment to work in. I enjoyed what I was selling. I would recommend anyone to work and eat there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
The Owner was racist
Friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAMay 11, 2017
While working at Charley’s Grilled Subs, I worked register, cooked, cleaned, stocked and prepped product for the following day. I was also well known for my great customer service and excellent teamwork.
good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAMarch 30, 2017
I work as a sampler person. I pass out samples to the customers and when we ran out of samples, I would pass out the menus to the customers. it was a good job I like it
good
Cons
in never learn to make the sandwinch
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 28, 2017
they would make me to make sandwich but i really never like this job because it was to hot in the kitchen and they never want me to do the vegetables.
not a great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 8, 2017
I worked at Charley's in a mall so I was okay with us being busy a lot BUT...management was very lazy and you were worked like a slave for very little pay.
Pros
free food
An okay place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 1, 2017
It was and okay place to work. Managers were Okay to work for and they needed more advancement. I would tell people about charley's and let them know my experience.
best job
Assistant Manager, Main cook, cashier (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJanuary 28, 2017
it was my first job so it was cool. Plus what was even cooler is that i got to work there with my friends, not to mention my first hard crush.
it was the greatest place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCJanuary 28, 2017
It was fun everyday to come to work and cook on the grill. Loved prepping food for the day. Everything was so easy and people were fun to be around.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
wish it would have stayed open
Not terrible
COOK/ CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 18, 2017
I worked there for three years. The job is very easy overall and didn't take too much close attention. It can be fast paces at times. Management was greedy. Never wanted to pay overtime or give breaks properly. Also no pay raises.
productive, fun work place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJanuary 10, 2017
cooking, cleaning, cashiering, stocking. I learned how to work the register, cook and prepare meals. Management consisted of awesome people, easy to get along with. My co-workers too were easy to get along with, easy to work with. Nothing about the job was hard if you just do as they instruct you to do. The most enjoyable was the peaceful, clean environment.
Pros
The foos they serve is good
Cons
no benefits
fun place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 9, 2017
the place was fun when i used to work there few years back, i learned how to communicate with the customers and deal with them. hardest part of the job was the cleaning part when i used to close.
Enjoyable workplace friendly owners
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 6, 2017
I would take orders at the cash register, cook food on the flat grill, top sandwiches, use the deep fryers, bring the food out to customers, as well as cleaning the store and doing dishes.
Favoritism
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 25, 2016
From the employer I worked for, they were unprofessional. I worked when I was 14 which was illegal, they did not care about the safety of the employees. I can go on with the details but I will choose not to go any further.
Pros
Pay was reasonable.
Cons
Safety was not an important factor. Management Or owner was careless
Nope
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 17, 2016
Very low pay for a very fast paced job which requires you to do a lot. Rush hours are crazy and management is not too good. I guess it is an okay temporary job.
Good Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 16, 2016
It was fun working with my coworkers, health environment. Also it's a great place for your first job. And good food! Hours are great busy days are Friday- Sunday but overall nothing to bad. Nothing hard about this job.
Not a good place to work. Wouldn't recomend any to work there.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CADecember 8, 2016
A typical day at Charley's is tiresome. If you aren't working the grill or cooking fries you are either cleaning or prepping. I have learned some cooking skills and preparation skills. The managment here is horrible the boss is very controling and rude. The boss will always find something wrong with what you are doing and constanly is watching you, wether at the store or with the many cameras that are installed in the store. She yells at her employees infront of customers and the workers have even received complaints from customers complaining about her yelling at them. The hardest part about this job would be the boss and her almost impossible wants. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the employees and the regular customers.
Pros
Prep work and cooking experience
Cons
Short breaks, no raises for workers, working over a hot grill all day
fun place to work, low pay
shift manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 8, 2016
It was a pretty good job, as far as food service jobs go. The work was easy, the people were great, and we had fun with the customers, too. However, wages were really low, even for management staff, there were no benefits, and hours were harsh.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2016
Overall best job but they had problems with management. Not many pros and they just started employee of the month. Wasn't busy unless it's the weekend.
I loved it !
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAOctober 5, 2016
I did love working for jcpenney it was just the fact that the pay wasn't as good as the job I have now. Also, the hours can be crazy especially during holidays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charley's Grilled Subs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7