Charlie's Produce Employee Reviews

Company cares about its employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORDecember 7, 2016
We just had our annual holiday party at Big Al's last weekend and after the $50 gift cards, employee gift (a portable battery for charging phones), free food, raffle, free bowling and money for the arcade I realized how much Charlie's does for its employees. We had two Employee Appreciation days this year, managers made us breakfast a few weeks ago, we get a free lunch this Friday and had free pizza last Friday. And of course free fruit every single day. So many little perks it all adds up. The work itself can be hard at times but most of the people I work with are AWESOME, funny, and supportive.
Pros
Great medical/vision/dental, free employee stock, college paid
Cons
No benefits until after 2-3mo, no 401k/vacation/holiday pay until after 1yr
Very messy mangment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 22, 2016
Unlikeable staff and filthy mangment I was wondering why an old company struggle so much to keep drivers. Very uneducated management, Most of them only know how to act like criminals and no lifers. They make sure your schedule keep changing constantly. And you never have consecutive days off.
The company policies keep changing depending on the mood of the supervisor that is working with you on that day!!!. Overall worst place i ever worked in. Not that only you wont get paid on Time and will be told we mailed it if you ever ask them when they are on bad mood.

I mean srsly haaa haaa
In all fairness it's very easy to get in and they will start you of with a high pay somewhere like 17.5 dollars an hour.
Pros
Easy to get in
Cons
Life sucking and no respect
Promises are made to be broken.
Former driver (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CaSeptember 3, 2015
Former employee in the IRWINDALE CA division.
It all started off great, until they hired way too many drivers with not enough routes. The supervisor promised $1 raise after probation and that was a lie! He also promised full time work with OT and that was a lie. Was working only 5-7 hours daily.
The management was terrible. The supervisors rag doll who has receding hairlines is a complete douchebag and nobody liked him. Everyone dreaded seeing him and made the work place a bad environment.

Over all. If you want to make good money and work short hours and possibly get fired. This is the right place.
Pros
$20 start pay
Cons
life is sucked out of you.
Productive Workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 14, 2017
Lots of work, Long days ,pretty straight forward picking orders,Learned how to drive electrical power jack,and vocal system headset.Coworkers were nice good employees
Poor product, bad name in the market
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 21, 2016
Subpar produce for a cheap price.
Buyer for Alaska is in Seattle???
They cannot retain employees.
Customers don't like company
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Work with bad people
The worst environment to work hands down
former employee (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 17, 2016
no Unity

Unprofessional and spiteful bosses and staff

working amongst criminals...that act like criminals

uncertain schedules

low wages

poor benefits

bad environment to work
Pros
easy to move around through out company
Cons
all of the below
Very fun place to work for.
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 30, 2016
I would love to have stay working for this awesome company. But I relocated back home to California. Supervisor and managers would step out of their offices and help pickers/processors out in the warehouse. Everyone in this company started off on the bottom and worked there way up to management. Family owned business.
Small Company Feel within Large Company
Finance (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 22, 2016
This company is great to work for. It is a quickly growing company but still feels like a small place. They have decent benefits and there is plenty of opportunity for growth.
productive distribution center with a
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 28, 2014
Busy, Busy, Busy - This produce distribution center is working around the clock 365 days a year. As an employee, I was required to work all holidays, and work long odd hours. However, being an employee owned company, they do offer remarkable benefits for all the hard work you put in.

The most part I miss about this position was my co-workers. The management made sure the company kept a things as casual as possible for such a huge company. You weren't treat as an employee number.The hardest part was making the choice of leaving because I was no longer able to work the hours the position required.
Pros
benefits, business environment
Cons
no holiday pay, odd hours
worse place to worked for
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 27, 2016
I would never recommend this co. to anyone, people that worked in warehouse are gettho , no professional manners, supervisor have no professional training.
Pros
not working for this co.
Cons
working for this co
lazy co workers with horrible management.
forklift operator/receiver/order selector (Former Employee) –  clackamas,OregonMarch 18, 2015
I worked there for 2 years and was promised opportunity straight out the gate but i quickly realized that was all talk. The promotions are based off who you know and who you're friends with not by attendance hard work and knowledge off the position. Out of the very few hard workers there were they just expected more more more out of them but never corrected or motivated the lazy workers. Speaking to management is useless you're better off talking to a brick wall. Good luck!
Pros
good pay and employee discount on products
Cons
literally everything
Working on a Freezer with cold co-workers
FOOD PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 13, 2016
very fast paced cold environment and people don't accept errors since it's food you're handling but everything is fine
Pros
free fruit baskets, sometimes free food when you overdid the production
Cons
cold environment for non-cold people, a lot of cigarettes smokers.
Good place to climb the ladder quick!
Lead Receiver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2014
Schedule is layed out with the expected trucks and their estimated arrival time, with pallet break downs and PO's which we can look up to see what is to be on the truck.
I learned that I am capable of being a leader and taking charge. I also learned a lot about the warehousing side of the produce business.
Management at Charlie's isn't at it's best, at first it's very confusing who is your immediate supervisor. But once you figure that out, it's rather straight forward. But most of the so called, Managers operate out of their offices and don't see what really goes on in the warehouse and how the workers operate. To say the least, they're out of touch on how things work.
For me, it was dealing with everyone else trying to run and interfere with daily operations that made it, at times, difficult to go about my daily routine to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
I enjoyed working with heavy machinery and seeing all the fresh delicious local produce, and California and other States/Countries!
Pros
decent pay, great experience, room for advancement
Cons
stressful work environment, difficult management, high turn over rate.
Good Old Boys Network
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Seattle WashingtonJune 19, 2015
Management plays favorites with everybody. I've seen a. Krispy Kreme have better management than this place. Management is never consistent, they always change rules and hours. The benefits was the only thing that makes it worth to stay. Pay is only good if you get overtime.
Pros
Benefits only
Great Environment Good people
Reciever/Lumper (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2016
hard work for some. Have to have a strong mind and be willing to stand and lift for long periods of time but overall great company good people.
short bench order pulling
Short Bench/ Clerical (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 24, 2012
order pulling and cleaning and stocking the short bench area, some time having to work long hours, getting overtime pay, and holiday pay after a year, can be a great place to work.
Pros
overtime great, experience great
Cons
promotions and not earned, some time you are passed for no reason.
delivery driver
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 21, 2016
Dogging you out... don't leave till the job is done... and if you are from Philippines... you can do whatever you want...
Pros
experience for yourself
Cons
you are never finished... but you gonna be done.
good place to work.
Forlift Operator/ Reciever (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAOctober 1, 2015
charlie's produce is a Great place to work with great benefits and great pay. HR is very understanding and easy to communicate with.
Productive environment with great work/life balance
Dispatcher/Driver (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 27, 2014
The dispatcher position required superior communication and have the great opportunity to work with various departments within the company, customers; especially close with drivers and warehouse teams.

I learned valuable knowledge from my managers and peers that had been with the company for a long period of time. The mentoring I received was priceless and will be extremely valuable in my future career paths.
Constantly busy with items changing daily
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 21, 2012
The work was hard and non-stop. Language barriers were a part of daily life there. Communication was minnimal. Management was fair.
Pros
product development was a great opportunity to show my talents as a cook, overtime was a defintie plus too
Cons
didn't always get a chance to have a lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlie's Produce. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9