Charlie's Produce

Charlie's Produce Employer Reviews

Good place to climb the ladder quick!
Lead Receiver (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 25, 2014
Pros: decent pay, great experience, room for advancement
Cons: stressful work environment, difficult management, high turn over rate.
Schedule is layed out with the expected trucks and their estimated arrival time, with pallet break downs and PO's which we can look up to see what is to be on the truck.
I learned that I am capable of being a leader and taking charge. I also learned a lot about the warehousing side of the produce business.
Management at Charlie's isn't at it's best, – more... at first it's very confusing who is your immediate supervisor. But once you figure that out, it's rather straight forward. But most of the so called, Managers operate out of their offices and don't see what really goes on in the warehouse and how the workers operate. To say the least, they're out of touch on how things work.
For me, it was dealing with everyone else trying to run and interfere with daily operations that made it, at times, difficult to go about my daily routine to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
I enjoyed working with heavy machinery and seeing all the fresh delicious local produce, and California and other States/Countries! – less
A very wide encompassing experience
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 20, 2014
Pros: flexible, lots of opportunity to learn
Cons: too much management turnover, inconsistent planning
An opportunity to learn purchasing of a very wide array of different categories, fresh produce, perishables, dairy, proteins, industrial ingredients, specialty ingredients, custom packaging, a very wide array of items.
Forklift and warehouse worker
forklift driver (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 20, 2014
Pros: room to move up to better paying jobs
Cons: took a year for benefits
I worked in warehouse and picked freight with a forklift. Learned how to ride a stand up hyster. I loved to be around my co-workers that were very helpful to me. Hard part about job was getting everything in a timely manner. I had fun and learned about how to be a better employee.
8-/
order selector (Current Employee), seattleMay 7, 2014
Pros: the actual warehouse guys are great and friendly
Cons: managment picks favorites and treat them best
I've seen the most random moves in managment where they'll promote the most undeserving to supervisor positions. Ive seen a girl work in partials for a few months then all of a sudden become a supervisor. Full case picking is the same way.
Productive and fun workplace.
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 1, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, awesome co-workers.
Cons: healthcare.
A typical day at work involves checking in a high volume of truck drivers, processing their paperwork and keeping track of them at the staging lot. Once a door is available, signing each driver out and giving them directions to the assigned dock door. I also have to respond to important emails pertaining to the day for example, needed product or rejected – more... product. The most enjoyable part of the job is how busy each day is. – less
Good people
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 4, 2014
Start day dealing with inventory and warehouse check, then handle any recieving issues. Get warehouse set for pickers arrival. Check with buyers for any special orders or issues from the days before. Slot inbound items for the next day. Check orders randomly to confirm accutate picking. Move items around in warehouse to make room for new inventory. – more... Keep pickers on time with transfers to other warehouse.
Really enjoyed most of my co-workers, managers is a different story, from my experiance the managers don't know much of what actually goes on day to day. They are only aware, if a problem comes up and then they usually just pass off to supervisor.
Have learned almost all aspects of warehousing, recieving, inventory, picking, lead, replenisher/ forklift operator, and Supervisor.
I enjoyed learning about the warehouse operations. – less
Fast pace, exciting enviorment
General Manager (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 20, 2014
I enjoyed rebuilding Charlie's Produce Anchorage management team and operation structure that allowed us to compete on a meaningful level in Alaska.
Productive Fast-Pace Enviroment
Warehouse (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 31, 2013
A good learning experience. You are busy everyday and they have good produce. They care about their customers.
Just okay not great
Receptionist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 14, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: have to work holidays
Have worked for them for a while. and the supervisors and managers were not that great. They have their favorites and treat them the best.
Great working environment.
Packaging Executive (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 3, 2013
Pros: good perks and overtime.
Cons: odd shift
Charlie is really an excellent company to work with specially some one who is coming from ESL background. I never felt insecure and were really happy working with them. Will love to work for them again if given opportunity.
Great work environment
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 31, 2012
Pros: friendly management
Cons: cold
Treated workers very well. Helped workers progress as people within their company.
short bench order pulling
Short Bench/ Clerical (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: overtime great, experience great
Cons: promotions and not earned, some time you are passed for no reason.
order pulling and cleaning and stocking the short bench area, some time having to work long hours, getting overtime pay, and holiday pay after a year, can be a great place to work.
Constantly busy with items changing daily
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 21, 2012
Pros: product development was a great opportunity to show my talents as a cook, overtime was a defintie plus too
Cons: didn't always get a chance to have a lunch break
The work was hard and non-stop. Language barriers were a part of daily life there. Communication was minnimal. Management was fair.
high energy fast paced
Picker (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2012
this job taught me how to really multi task and how important customer service really is and how to hold my own when things got fast paced and introduced me to managment one of the most enjoyable parts of the job for me was working my way into a management role

About Charlie's Produce

Charlie's Produce is a locally owned, private company that, through quality product standards and competitive pricing traditions, – Read more