Charlie's Produce

Charlie's Produce Employee Reviews

Offered bright future
Breakdown sorter (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CASeptember 16, 2015
Duties performed at this cold storage warehouse was to breakdown product and make sure the quality was at a high standard. I have learned how to scan product into inventory and locate orders for different states. Everyone who worked there were typically nice and I wish work didn't slow down at the end.
Promises are made to be broken.
Former driver (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CaSeptember 3, 2015
Former employee in the IRWINDALE CA division.
It all started off great, until they hired way too many drivers with not enough routes. The supervisor promised $1 raise after probation and that was a lie! He also promised full time work with OT and that was a lie. Was working only 5-7 hours daily.
The management was terrible. The supervisors rag doll who has receding hairlines is a complete douchebag and nobody liked him. Everyone dreaded seeing him and made the work place a bad environment.

Over all. If you want to make good money and work short hours and possibly get fired. This is the right place.
Pros
$20 start pay
Cons
life is sucked out of you.
great place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 18, 2015
as long as you like getting up at 4am starting your day this is for you the only down side is you can't leave till all deliveries have been made
Pros
off early
Cons
work till complete
Good Old Boys Network
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Seattle WashingtonJune 19, 2015
Management plays favorites with everybody. I've seen a. Krispy Kreme have better management than this place. Management is never consistent, they always change rules and hours. The benefits was the only thing that makes it worth to stay. Pay is only good if you get overtime.
Pros
Benefits only
Job Interview!
Interview (Former Employee) –  SeattleJune 2, 2015
This Supervisor who had contacted me via text message. Asked me to reschedule my interview with him. Well as I sent him a text today. Confirming my time. He told me, my interview was yesterday!?!

What you read about this company is true. These people don't know what they are doing.
Pros
Don't waste your time
Cons
Don't waste your time. Hire Smart people!
Charlie's
Sales Manager/Key Accounts Manger (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 30, 2015
The Charlie's Produce team in Spokane made the job interesting and fun everyday. Charlie's was a good place to work and I wish the employees there the best in the future
i like to clean and help each other and i was a lead
Airport Airserv (Former Employee) –  SeattleApril 17, 2015
I was work at airport before I was clean and lead,,,and I was working and the crackers and the DHL and lead at the Airport at airserv
good
Cons
anything
lazy co workers with horrible management.
forklift operator/receiver/order selector (Former Employee) –  clackamas,OregonMarch 18, 2015
I worked there for 2 years and was promised opportunity straight out the gate but i quickly realized that was all talk. The promotions are based off who you know and who you're friends with not by attendance hard work and knowledge off the position. Out of the very few hard workers there were they just expected more more more out of them but never corrected or motivated the lazy workers. Speaking to management is useless you're better off talking to a brick wall. Good luck!
Pros
good pay and employee discount on products
Cons
literally everything
productive distribution center with a
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 28, 2014
Busy, Busy, Busy - This produce distribution center is working around the clock 365 days a year. As an employee, I was required to work all holidays, and work long odd hours. However, being an employee owned company, they do offer remarkable benefits for all the hard work you put in.

The most part I miss about this position was my co-workers. The management made sure the company kept a things as casual as possible for such a huge company. You weren't treat as an employee number.The hardest part was making the choice of leaving because I was no longer able to work the hours the position required.
Pros
benefits, business environment
Cons
no holiday pay, odd hours
Productive environment with great work/life balance
Dispatcher/Driver (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 27, 2014
The dispatcher position required superior communication and have the great opportunity to work with various departments within the company, customers; especially close with drivers and warehouse teams.

I learned valuable knowledge from my managers and peers that had been with the company for a long period of time. The mentoring I received was priceless and will be extremely valuable in my future career paths.

Want to know more about Charlie's Produce?

Ask a question
N/a
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WaJuly 9, 2014
Distribution center for produce in a refrigerated warehouse. High volume and busy.
Good place to climb the ladder quick!
Lead Receiver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2014
Schedule is layed out with the expected trucks and their estimated arrival time, with pallet break downs and PO's which we can look up to see what is to be on the truck.
I learned that I am capable of being a leader and taking charge. I also learned a lot about the warehousing side of the produce business.
Management at Charlie's isn't at it's best, at first it's very confusing who is your immediate supervisor. But once you figure that out, it's rather straight forward. But most of the so called, Managers operate out of their offices and don't see what really goes on in the warehouse and how the workers operate. To say the least, they're out of touch on how things work.
For me, it was dealing with everyone else trying to run and interfere with daily operations that made it, at times, difficult to go about my daily routine to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
I enjoyed working with heavy machinery and seeing all the fresh delicious local produce, and California and other States/Countries!
Pros
decent pay, great experience, room for advancement
Cons
stressful work environment, difficult management, high turn over rate.
A very wide encompassing experience
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 20, 2014
An opportunity to learn purchasing of a very wide array of different categories, fresh produce, perishables, dairy, proteins, industrial ingredients, specialty ingredients, custom packaging, a very wide array of items.
Pros
flexible, lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
too much management turnover, inconsistent planning
Forklift and warehouse worker
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 20, 2014
I worked in warehouse and picked freight with a forklift. Learned how to ride a stand up hyster. I loved to be around my co-workers that were very helpful to me. Hard part about job was getting everything in a timely manner. I had fun and learned about how to be a better employee.
Pros
room to move up to better paying jobs
Cons
took a year for benefits
8-/
order selector (Current Employee) –  seattleMay 7, 2014
I've seen the most random moves in managment where they'll promote the most undeserving to supervisor positions. Ive seen a girl work in partials for a few months then all of a sudden become a supervisor. Full case picking is the same way.
Pros
the actual warehouse guys are great and friendly
Cons
managment picks favorites and treat them best
Productive and fun workplace.
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 1, 2014
A typical day at work involves checking in a high volume of truck drivers, processing their paperwork and keeping track of them at the staging lot. Once a door is available, signing each driver out and giving them directions to the assigned dock door. I also have to respond to important emails pertaining to the day for example, needed product or rejected product. The most enjoyable part of the job is how busy each day is.
Pros
great atmosphere, awesome co-workers.
Cons
healthcare.
Good people
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 4, 2014
Start day dealing with inventory and warehouse check, then handle any recieving issues. Get warehouse set for pickers arrival. Check with buyers for any special orders or issues from the days before. Slot inbound items for the next day. Check orders randomly to confirm accutate picking. Move items around in warehouse to make room for new inventory. Keep pickers on time with transfers to other warehouse.
Really enjoyed most of my co-workers, managers is a different story, from my experiance the managers don't know much of what actually goes on day to day. They are only aware, if a problem comes up and then they usually just pass off to supervisor.
Have learned almost all aspects of warehousing, recieving, inventory, picking, lead, replenisher/ forklift operator, and Supervisor.
I enjoyed learning about the warehouse operations.
Fast pace, exciting enviorment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 20, 2014
I enjoyed rebuilding Charlie's Produce Anchorage management team and operation structure that allowed us to compete on a meaningful level in Alaska.
Productive Fast-Pace Enviroment
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 31, 2013
A good learning experience. You are busy everyday and they have good produce. They care about their customers.
Just okay not great
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 14, 2013
Have worked for them for a while. and the supervisors and managers were not that great. They have their favorites and treat them the best.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
have to work holidays