Charlie Palmer Steak Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Charlie Palmer Steak
Dining Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVMarch 25, 2016
In business over 17 years in the Las Vegas Valley. Typical day at work is focused on exceeding guest satisfaction so they want to return, and they usually do. I learned fine-dining, the importance of the guest experience, check in with the guest during their dinner to ensure they are being fully taken care of, manage the staff to be equally aware of guest needs and make it a great experience from being seated by the host to exiting the restaurant. The hardest part of the job is making sure we are properly staffed and maintaining labor and labor costs. We have budget meetings each week and are held accountable as an individual cost center of the organization as are the other 14 locations. Budgets, profit & Loss, purchasing costs, and revenue are all the responsibility of myself and the General Manager. I learned all of these factors while working with Charlie Palmer and it has been a joy and a necessity.

I enjoy working with my teams and providing customer service to our guests. Additionally, we do catering in this location and it is my job to oversee those events and to ensure everything runs smoothly.

I have a passion for the restaurant industry and enjoy getting up each day to greet the accomplishments and challenges that are always unique in any given work day.
Great coworkers! Extremely Unreliable Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 19, 2013
I loved the job while I had it, but as soon as the management asked me to leave and start up their own restaurant the entire restaurant management went to shambles. The replacements were horrible, and I hope that they get better as time goes by.
Zero to No Communiction and Poor Training
Server (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 11, 2014
Employees are kind and helpful. Managers never set guidelines or any training. Poor communication with managers and employees.
Pros
20% off food
Cons
Over staffed so no money to be made
A great experience in a truly creative culinary environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2014
Working in an environment with a collective bargaining agreement taught me a lot about team building and trust

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlie Palmer Steak. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8