CHARLOTTE HUNGERFORD HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Charlotte Hungerford
RN (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 21, 2014
• Highly enthusiastic Nurse with contagious and positive work ethics
• Exceptional leadership, planning, coordinating, prioritizing and goal setting abilities
• Committed and patient-centered
• Acute care experience
• Collaborates well with all other health professionals in fulfilling the health care needs of the patient
• Fast-paced RN who excels at quickly identifying patient needs
• Skilled at prioritizing intelligently based on acuity and vigilantly monitoring adverse reactions
• Praised by patients’ family members for providing attentive, integrity driven, and quality care
• Bilingual: communications skills in English and Farsi
• Clinical skills include:
o Start and maintain IV access, blood draws and transfusions, cardiac medications, IV therapy and drips, 12-lead EKG interpretation, cardiac arrhythmias, computerized management; admissions, discharge, and patient teaching.
Summer Clinical Rotation
Student (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 10, 2016
A great place to learn Respiratory Care as a student. Great exposure to many asspects of the field of practice.
I learned:
patient transfer
O2 therapy
aerosolized txs
trauma
great place to work with satisfaction form job
Pulmonary Rehab educator and RCP (Current Employee) –  torrington,ct 06790February 22, 2016
i am a patient advocate, and educator for people who have COPD -
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Lung Cancer, and Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis. I encourage patients to learn all they can about their disease , provide emotional support, and closely monitor patients before , during and after exercise.
I work with other healthcare providers. the best part of my day is when I know that i have helped someone feel better about themselves emotionally and physically. The most difficult part of my
job is seeing how these patients suffer from this disease.
Pros
working with such nice people
Cons
knowing that many of these patients will get worse because of the disease
I really enjoyed working here
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTMarch 4, 2013
Great coworkers, great atmosphere, good pay/benifits. We rarely worked short. The only reason I left was I got married and my new wife didn't want to be left alone at night. There were no other openings at the time.
Pros
see above
Great Place to work
Emergency room Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTNovember 21, 2014
I was Very Happy working at CHH I had to leave to take care of my dad that was out of state. Just a very Nice place to work!
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Pay, Benefits
Horrible management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Off siteFebruary 2, 2016
I worked in private practice office. You hardly ever saw managers. When they did come, they did nothing! Hard to work in an environment where no one knows what they are doing ! No one cares or helps. If someone called out there was no replacement or help. Very difficult workplace.
Pros
Lunches, kind patients
Cons
Terrible management
Rn
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  TorringtonAugust 17, 2015
Very small older facility. Computer system is from the 1980's. Antiquated. Coming from a large teaching hospital to a small non teaching institution was difficult. HR " forgot" to sign me up for health insurance upon hiring me. Didn't find out until April 2015 and it was to late to apply, even for Obama care. So, here I am an experienced full time RN with no health insurance. The first black mark..... Then ....... Stuck in the past, and refused any new ideas. Very "clicky" place to work. Staff has been there for awhile, and do not like anyone new, and they sit around the desk and watch you run around. No team here. Management undergoing changes. Director recently quit. Manager from different dept, trying to orient to new position. A real mess.
Pros
Close to home, that's about it.
Cons
Management issue, cafeteria very expensive and not so great, clicky staff members
Love working in the kitchen
Food service worker/Storeroom clerk (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTNovember 9, 2015
Work in different parts of the kitchen. Went into work early. The hardest part is working holidays and weekends. Always called you when you have a day off because someone did not come to work and you felt guilty saying no because your coworkers are the ones that suffered.
Pros
working with people that care
Cons
healthcare
High paced small community hospital
Clinical Areas (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTFebruary 27, 2014
In the end it is healthcare and a hospital setting, high paced, lots of patient and staff over turn, mangement is stretched thin, sometimes policies aren't enforced fairly for all members of the staff but over all good patient to staff ratio, accomodating staffing and managers, room for growth if you are willing to work hard and continue your education.
Cons
expensive lunches/dinners
Great Hospital small town feel
Tech (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 22, 2015
Great place to grow your skill sets. Awesome co-workers and Management.

I would recommend CHH to family and friends

Pros
Local
Cons
Healthcare cuts mean less than average wages
very busy ED, some staff are not trustworthy, but overall nice placeto work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Torrington CTJanuary 24, 2014
very busy and stressful. No true management, but team leader is eager to fill in for call outs. Plenty of overtime available. Increased in flow of nursing home patients and behavioral health patients.
Pros
overtime
Cons
poor leadership
horrible management
technician (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTNovember 25, 2013
You have no support from the management and they have no incentives to work there. Short staffed unless you are a nurse and no teamwork.
Pros
you can make some great friends
Cons
no equipment to work with and no leadership
I enjoyed working for CHH
CENTRAL PROCESSOR/PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTApril 1, 2014
CHH leased the lab to Quest and so I am now a quest employee. It is very new and fresh to be under different management in the same environment.
Too repetitive
Staff Nurse Pediatrics and Orthopedics (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 14, 2013
Work level has become too repetitive and not challenging. Same cases with the same plans of care
Pros
Good work envirnoment, condusive to home life
Cons
Not challenging
Patient Observer
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTMarch 19, 2014
I had the opportunity to care for patients in the Behavioral Health Crisis Unit, Oncology/Palliative Care, Medical/Surgical Unit, Telemetry, ICU and Emergency Department.
Learned a lot
Registrar/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 12, 2014
Coming into registration with just a diploma, I have learned a signifigant amount information leading into the health care field.
Great Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Torrington CTFebruary 22, 2013
Perfect example of a small town hospital with modern medical technology
Pros
great cafe
see resume
Health Information Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Torrington CTJune 21, 2014
A typical work day is about 8 hours. Please see attached resume.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHARLOTTE HUNGERFORD HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7