CHARLOTTE HUNGERFORD HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Busy, active and very friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 2, 2017
A typical day at work can be a slow or fast day depends on how you see it. What i learned is it helps a lot of people when you have a smile on your face. Management is great they always have time to be there if you need them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Gets stressful
Hospital environment
Per Diem Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTAugust 5, 2017
Advancement was zero, management liked to hire from the outside. Did not listen to current employees to affect positive changes. Spent lots of money on consultants instead of engaging employees
Job can be challenging and overwhelming at times.
HIM Technician (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTJuly 30, 2017
I found that as one person we do have our own limitations and we sometimes forget that we can't do all that is ask of us in one day.I found that communication is key and Team work is a must.
Pros
special trips and fairs to win prizes
Cons
Not a fun stress free atmosphere to be working as a team would have.
Great staff
REGISTERED NURSE / INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJuly 19, 2017
Charlotte Hungerford is a beautiful small community hospital, you will learn a lot base on the population based on the location. Great place to start your nursing career
Pros
great staff
Cons
poor salary
Productive and Enjoyable Job
Discharge Coordinator, December (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTJuly 13, 2017
Have been working at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital for about 7 months now and have enjoyed every minute of it. the Case management department is full of wonderful people who are eager to help you when you get stuck on something.
Convenient place to work
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJune 14, 2017
Small town hospital, nice place to work without having to travel to a big city facility. Updated technology, equipment with knowledgeable staff. Clean workplace
Pros
Experienced staff
Cons
Benefits offered
I enjoyed my time at CHH
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJune 6, 2017
Being a busy hospital, there are many days that you must multitask, ask for some assistance from other staff or supervisors to get all the duties finished. I learned about each hospital department and how they operate. The hardest part of the job was when patients passed away, it was sad and a reminder how precious each day is, The most enjoyable thing was making lasting friendships with the wonderful staff at CHH.
Pros
experience in hospital departments
Cons
having to deal with MSRA, Cdif, cleaning rooms that had blood, feces and medical supplies.
Small community hospital, priorities out of order
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTApril 9, 2017
While I fulfilled a smaller role in the hospital as Security Officer, it certainly was not my intention to be reminded of my "place" on the proverbial totem-pole. I have been in much more stressful environments, where workers have preformed much more easily and positively.
Good place for people who enjoy helping others
Administrative Assistant to the President (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTApril 1, 2017
Required to work on highly confidential material, but workspace is literally in the middle of a busy hallway where there is no personal space. Meanwhile, surrounding coworkers enjoy huge offices with spaces for having meetings, etc. Difficult to concentrate and keep material confidential in this atmosphere.
Pros
Easy Commute
Cons
Low opportunity for advancement
Small organization with a friendly atmosphere
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTMarch 22, 2017
Small organization where everyone know each other. It is a High Reliability organization and promotes a culture and language of caring. Some of the management is hands on while others choose to be solely administrative.
Pros
High Reliability
Cons
Minimal room for advancement
Summer Clinical Rotation
Student (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 10, 2016
A great place to learn Respiratory Care as a student. Great exposure to many asspects of the field of practice.
I learned:
patient transfer
O2 therapy
aerosolized txs
trauma
great place to work with satisfaction form job
Pulmonary Rehab educator and RCP (Current Employee) –  torrington,ct 06790February 22, 2016
i am a patient advocate, and educator for people who have COPD -
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Lung Cancer, and Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis. I encourage patients to learn all they can about their disease , provide emotional support, and closely monitor patients before , during and after exercise.
I work with other healthcare providers. the best part of my day is when I know that i have helped someone feel better about themselves emotionally and physically. The most difficult part of my
job is seeing how these patients suffer from this disease.
Pros
working with such nice people
Cons
knowing that many of these patients will get worse because of the disease
Horrible management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Off siteFebruary 2, 2016
I worked in private practice office. You hardly ever saw managers. When they did come, they did nothing! Hard to work in an environment where no one knows what they are doing ! No one cares or helps. If someone called out there was no replacement or help. Very difficult workplace.
Pros
Lunches, kind patients
Cons
Terrible management
Love working in the kitchen
Food service worker/Storeroom clerk (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTNovember 9, 2015
Work in different parts of the kitchen. Went into work early. The hardest part is working holidays and weekends. Always called you when you have a day off because someone did not come to work and you felt guilty saying no because your coworkers are the ones that suffered.
Pros
working with people that care
Cons
healthcare
Great Hospital small town feel
Tech (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 22, 2015
Great place to grow your skill sets. Awesome co-workers and Management.

I would recommend CHH to family and friends

Pros
Local
Cons
Healthcare cuts mean less than average wages
Rn
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  TorringtonAugust 17, 2015
Very small older facility. Computer system is from the 1980's. Antiquated. Coming from a large teaching hospital to a small non teaching institution was difficult. HR " forgot" to sign me up for health insurance upon hiring me. Didn't find out until April 2015 and it was to late to apply, even for Obama care. So, here I am an experienced full time RN with no health insurance. The first black mark..... Then ....... Stuck in the past, and refused any new ideas. Very "clicky" place to work. Staff has been there for awhile, and do not like anyone new, and they sit around the desk and watch you run around. No team here. Management undergoing changes. Director recently quit. Manager from different dept, trying to orient to new position. A real mess.
Pros
Close to home, that's about it.
Cons
Management issue, cafeteria very expensive and not so great, clicky staff members
Great Place to work
Emergency room Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTNovember 21, 2014
I was Very Happy working at CHH I had to leave to take care of my dad that was out of state. Just a very Nice place to work!
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Pay, Benefits
Learned a lot
Registrar/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 12, 2014
Coming into registration with just a diploma, I have learned a signifigant amount information leading into the health care field.
see resume
Health Information Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Torrington CTJune 21, 2014
A typical work day is about 8 hours. Please see attached resume.
I enjoyed working for CHH
CENTRAL PROCESSOR/PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTApril 1, 2014
CHH leased the lab to Quest and so I am now a quest employee. It is very new and fresh to be under different management in the same environment.