Charlotte Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Emergency Department Nurse
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLFebruary 7, 2016
I worked 7pm-7am in a small emergency department. The unit was busy with multiple ill and injured patients. The teamwork amongst staff was strong and all employees assisted each other during busy times.
Immediate management (ie: Director of Emergency and Clinical Coordinator) were helpful with issues that would arise within the department. If the Unit became extremely busy the manager or coordinator would come in to help.(Even at night from home).
I enjoyed my employment in the emergency department.
goof volunteer job
Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLDecember 22, 2015
I volunteered for a few years. Fun environment. I liked the medical aspect and feel of the environment and the the staff.
Terrible stressful understaffed place to work
Cna (Current Employee) –  Punta GordaNovember 26, 2014
Stressful place to work. Never enough staff. Run from the minute you get there until the minute you leave. 6 to 7 patients for one nurse, up to 20 patients for one CNA. Poor pay, benefits being chipped away at constantly. It's all about the dollar ! No supplies at times, linen doesn't get to floors until the afternoon. Difficult to give good care when there is not enough staff or time to provide it. I works never recommend getting a job here.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
short staffed at all times. poor management.
Learned alot about billing for a facility
Biller (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLNovember 5, 2014
billed paper by hand learned alot about how to code, it was a good place to work and they let me make my own hours
Pros
close to home flexible hours
Cons
alot of writing
Fast paced work in ICU and ER. Great staff.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLOctober 8, 2014
• Assisted patients in meeting medical health goals
• Assessed and interpreted evaluations and test results
• Determined treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription
• Monitored physiological responses to therapy
• Monitored vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes
• Consulted with multi-disciplinary teams to completed patient discharge planning
• Assured continuity of therapeutic discharge planning by designing home exercise programs
• Instructed patients, families, and caregivers on home exercise programs
Pros
critical care environment. new cases on daily bases. dedicated staff
Cons
12 hour shifts. exposure to life or death situations on a daily bases.
Role as Director of Risk Management
Director of Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FloridaMay 2, 2014
As the Director of RIsk Management I had the responsibility of the day to day management of patient safety and risk issues for the hospital and it's outlying affiliates including a psychiatric hospital and physician practices. I assisted department managers with investigations of events and patient complaints to effect positive change within the organization. The most difficult part of this job was obtaining buy-in from managers and staff regarding the importance of looking at processes involved with individual events. This was achieved with support from senior leadership and provision of education. I learned that nothing can be achieved without adequate education and training and provided group and/or 1:1 training to that effect as needed. As a result of my success at this hospital I was asked to assist a sister hospital to prepare for a CMS survey. This was accomplished with a positive outcome resulting in my promotion to the division level position.
Pros
support by senior leadership
Cons
resistant department managers
they give coffee at the night shift
C.N.A. (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJanuary 31, 2014
all the nures helped the cna's a lot . the patients were great they made you feel good about taking care of them while at ther stay in the hospital.
very rewarding job
cecilia carr cna oct 5 (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLSeptember 18, 2013
working here i;ve learnt a lot about medical and hospital functions but the best part is working with the patients and making their stay in the hospital as pleasant as possible
Pros
being able to adjust hours to your life style
Cons
not being able to take care of all patients like i;d like to
great place to work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLAugust 25, 2013
Answering phones
Working with people
Great co-workers
Gained experience in working with people
occasional free ice cream and meals on holidays
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJuly 29, 2013
Staffing very poor, no support and no improvement even after many staff complaints, minimal supplies, bad smells.
Several management changes during the year there, seldom saw management only when staff threatened to walk out.
Cons
often no breaks
Poorly Run Hospital System.
POST ANESTHESIA CARE RN (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 18, 2013
Hospital was poorly run. Physicians controlled all aspects of Nursing care , Scheduling and Surgical start times. Little if any respect for RN's. Showed up whenever they felt like it. Managers helpless. Poor pay, Benefits and 401k. Only good thing was it was close to home/.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
no breaks. poor poor pay and benefits
Acute care hospital
RN - Risk/Case Management (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 28, 2013
Enjoyed working with many dedicated hard working healthcare professionals.
Charlotte Regional is a amazing place to work at.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJune 10, 2013
A typical day started with report from the previous shift. Some nights were a little more hectic then other nights due to short staffing, but it made the night go by so much faster. All the patients made every night interesting. Every night was different in a good way. Very fast paced environment. I absolutely loved every minute of my shifts there. Sometimes the nurse manager would have us float to other floors of the hospital giving us a chance to work in different units around the facility. The hardest part of the job was being short staffed making the night difficult but with team work the night would go by fairly easy.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMarch 4, 2013
I loved working as a rehab aide.I got to know the patients.I assist the physical therapist if needed.I got to do ultrasound and help with exercises with the patients.I answered phones and scheduled patients.Great day at work.
Good working environment
Assistant Director of Patient Access Ÿ (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLSeptember 26, 2012
Managed all areas of patient registration and communications and scheduling. Worked with a great team, everyone knew their job duties and most where cross trained.
good place to work if you like old hospital
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLSeptember 22, 2012
Very old facility! Have learned to work elderly people. My co-workers were very professional.
A day in the OR.
Surgical Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLAugust 18, 2012
Everyday was extremely busy, typical for the operating room.
Pros
everyday was a learning experience.
Cons
hardly any breaks. never got paid.
Pretty difficult due to coworkers come/quit process
Sleep technician (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJune 30, 2012
A small hospital with some very friendly management/ employees cooperation, but a sleep disorder center seems to be isoleted from the hospital campus due to it's remote location which is followed by an isolation from the people working at the hospital. Great place in terms of education
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no lunch break for a night shift at sleep center
Can be a good place to learn
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMay 25, 2012
Good place to learn, but very seasonal. Most enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful doctors. I learned that it isn't always good to trust others before you really know them, because they will stick to their own.
Pros
quiet
Cons
seasonal
A Starting Board
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMay 10, 2012
At Charlotte Regional Medical Center a typical day around this facility consists of each individual ensuring that this company is functioning well and showing courtesy to each patient in every way possible. Their program for initiating actions that are above and beyond is called Getting to Great, this ensures that not only the patient's comfort is up to par, information is up to date, and accessibility to contacting doctors is available but it also enables each department to track their productivity on a financial, tactile, and business level.
Pros
efficient nurses, great food service