Charlotte Russe, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,582 reviews matching the search
Fun and Trendy place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. Management is helpful and there is room for advancement. The only bad thing about working here is the pay. Otherwise, great company.
Fun but quick.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 21, 2017
So working at Charlotte Russe has been a learning experience for me. I love working there and it was my first job so I had a lot to learn. The only problem I really had was the high turnover and the low hours. Literally only five hours at most (most of the time) and sometimes I wasn't scheduled for weeks at a time. They kept being out of hours and had to cut shifts quite frequently.
great work place
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 19, 2017
it was a friendly all around place, with great people and a great place to work with. everyone worked as a team and had a busy business and a fair mangers
Pros
had good hours to work
Cons
no benfits
Fast paced work envoriment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Mostly great management, high turn over, work with lots of college students, complete task quickly. Communication isn't always great. Be open to corrective criticism. Don't take anything personal from customers. Smile no matter what.
Pros
40% off regular product
Cons
Dealing with poor comunicaters
Nice teamwork
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
My manager was inconsistent and lacked knowledge in her role which lead to other o consistencies in the workplace. My coworkers were great and we worked together well under the circumstances.
Boring
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Very boring. All you do is walk around and fold clothes. management harass you to constantly go to customers and ask them if they need help 10/10 the customers say no. Before leaving work they check your bag to make sure you don't steal anything.
Pros
breaks
Cons
slow
it was great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 15, 2017
My experiece with charlotte was actually great, by far one of my favorite jobs. the pay wasnt good but the discount was awesome and i also met some great people.
Pros
discount
Cons
hourly pay
Good discount. Petty enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 14, 2017
Great discount. Management is a joke. Everything is petty and drama. I feel like I'm back in high school. Store manager play employees against each other. Hardly any hours. Only stayed for the discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor managment
a day at work was busy and detailed.
Cashier/sales representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Working with this company was a learning experience as my first job. A normal workday consisted of attending a number amount of people and simultaneously organize and keep the floor tidy and neat on display.
Pros
Discounts and good work enviroment
Cons
Low pay-
family vibes
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 12, 2017
This work environment is like a second family, everyone is super nice and helpfull. Minimal hours a week. Management team is really supportive and reliable
Fun but at the same time stressful.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHSeptember 12, 2017
This a perfect environment for the social media, fashionista girl. Fun but at the same time stressful. There is little room given for error which is met with quick and harsh criticism.
Pros
Training materials were first rate!
Cons
Finding time to either get or give training can be challenging.
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. Management was okay, but we could have used more structure and guidelines from corporate.
Management styles
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 11, 2017
The management style is disorganized and it is difficult to get clear instruction from supervisors. District managers are not helpful when it comes to resolving issues with managers .
Great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kittery, MESeptember 11, 2017
Had no issues working with the company. Very fast paced but well worth it. Great stepping stone to learn the key parts of managing a team. Great for development.
fast paced/ bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 11, 2017
towards the end of my career there, the management had gotten very competitive and were forcing associates to choose sides. It was uncomfortable to work and nearly impossible to avoid the drama. The work itself is easy and fast paced. Nice employee discount
Unpleasant but fast paced
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PASeptember 11, 2017
I'm unhappy. I don't get the hours that I should. Manger never goes by my availability. I have to find someone to take my shift or I get points that add up which could result to getting fired. A lot of people have left since I got hired. I'm the last person to be hired and still be here. Favoritism & racism is something I've noticed. The pay is ridiculous and the new girls get paid a dollar more then me. Store is unorganized, small, never gets swifered/mopped daily. It is face paced BUT there's no structure. The manager needs to schedule the same amount of people in the morning as well as night. I've closed with one another person on a Tuesday night.
Pros
I guess the 40% discount....
Cons
Doesn't give you many hours, unequal pay, some racism/favoritism, poor management
Not Enough Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 10, 2017
I only worked here for a short time during high school and the environment wasn't the best for me because it was awfully competitive. The manager showed me how to do the register once before declaring me unfit and moving back to the shoe stock room.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Competitive
Cr
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLSeptember 10, 2017
Weekends are honestly the most stressful sometimes, if you want to work and will come in, you get the hours, but if you don't work or complain you won't advance at all.
Pros
Good breaks, fun chats
Cons
Overly fast paced, you will do more work with this company, than any other
Productive and busy on weekends
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXSeptember 10, 2017
It's always a lot better to be working on weekends because you'll have so much more to do and you wont be just walking around finding something to do but even if you were your co workers would make it fun they don't isolate you at all and we'll always get the job done.
Fun latest trends available. People of all ages are welcome.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 9, 2017
Kept up with the latest trends. Allowed to be gain amazing customer service skills. Had upbeat music to keep the atmosphere alive. Women from all ages shopped there.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No benefits and inconsistent hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Russe, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.