Charlotte White Center Employee Reviews

Job security in the bag
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Bangor, MEMay 28, 2015
They are so desperate for people that they cannot afford to get rid of anyone. They are okay but communication is seriously lacking at this company. Managment can be jerks but most of the time they are alright.
Good management but no appreciation
Residential Care- Per Diem (Former Employee), Dover-Foxcroft, MEAugust 22, 2013
Pros: helpful team
Cons: lack of appreciation, low pay, no advancement opportunity.
I cleaned and looked after adults with developmental delays. I learned that very few people appreciate the effort you put into a job. Most of the people I worked with were supportive. The hardest part of the job was not being appreciated for what I did. But I found it enjoyable to work with clients who needed so much help.
Its an outgoing workplace and they were good about flexible scheduling.
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Dover, MEMay 31, 2013
Pros: family barbeques and fun day
Cons: having to treat the consumer like a client instead of friend
The most enjoyable part about the job is that you are working with children that appreciate all that you do to help them cope with their disabilities and that you get a special bond with them. Hardest part of the job is the paperwork. Having to come up with new goals for the consumer to work on and write it into a plan.
Charlotte White Center From Entry Level Perspective
Therapeutic Specialist (Current Employee), Bangor, MEAugust 21, 2012
An average day usually consists of assisting consumers with daily living skills and personal care plans, ranging from getting dressed in the morning to using appropriate language when speaking to others. I schedule appointments and keep track of meds, drive consumers to day programs, and complete all paperwork necessary. This is a typical routine, but there are days which are not typical at all and that is where my job really kicks in. I have to crisis manage both consumers I provide for, which can be difficult but rewarding when situations are mediated and resolved.

Working in the field of mental health has certainly been educational; I have learned many new skills in how to relate to others and deal with conflicts. These skills are transferable to any job as well as personal life, making them very valuable. I have come to a better understanding of my own limits and expectations as well, which has proved beneficial in many ways.

Management is never perfect, regardless of the company you work for, and to expect that will be disappointing. However, I have had an excellent relationship with nearly all of the management I come into contact with and have been pleased at the level of communication. Open and honest communication is one of the most important things in workplace relationships, especially with your coworkers. The group of people I work with is a very tight-knit team which has developed a comfortable work environment that provides consistency and reliability.

Probably the hardest part of my job is managing stress at a healthy level, as my work environment can be in – more... crisis mode frequently. Finding ways to eliminate and reduce stress has been challenging, but having a healthy personal life affects this greatly.

There is no doubt in my mind that the most enjoyable part of my job occurs when a consumer learns how to overcome developmental disabilities or makes great progress in meeting PCP goals. These events are exciting and rewarding, as I have a huge part in how successful the consumers are. Working with them in a residential setting on a daily basis makes me a big part of their lives and it is extremely rewarding to know I had a hand in helping them lead healthier and more productive lives. – less
What you learned
Behavioral/Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJune 25, 2012
Ensuring professional boundaries while working in home supports
nice place to work
program coordinator (Former Employee), Dover MaineJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: good benifits
Cons: didn't have enough back up for my position
it was a pleasure working with the students. I had great co-worker relations.