Charlottesville City Schools

Charlottesville City Schools Employer Reviews

summer job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAOctober 11, 2014
Liked working with the people. I enjoyed just working there for the summer
Family-Oriented School Community
Long-Term Music Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 21, 2014
I enjoyed being the long-term music substitute teacher for grades PreK-4 in Charlottesville City. I was able to see the students twice a week for music and enjoyed the variety of activities left for the students to complete while their permanent teacher was on leave.
Love What I do
Nutrition Services (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 28, 2014
Pros: enjoy the work
Cons: more hours
Arrive at 9a.m after taking my 3 children to school, Clock in say good morning to everyone and wash my hands. Collect all the salad forms the students and put them in order according to their lunch period.Then I make sure I have everything I need to prepare my salads for the children such as: romaine lettuce, spinach lettuce, boiled eggs, turkey ham, turkey, chicken, tuna salad, onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, green and red peppers, celery, moz and ched cheese, and their chose of dressing. I either hand cut or machine all the veggies after I rinse them off. After I make the salads I place them in the refrigerator until the kids are ready for lunch. I clean my mess up and begin to set up for lunch by placing out the fruit and side salad trays, taking the condiments and placing them in the cafeteria, making sure there are enough utensils out for the children when they arrive. Then I pitch in and help prepare the deli sandwiches and the main entrée. Depending the week I may run the register handing the children as they come through the line making sure they put in their lunch number correct and have the correct items on their lunch tray or Working the hot line which is serving the kids meals on their trays. In between I wash trays, stock, sweep and mop.
Good place to work to make a difference
AVID Site Director (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits and summers off
Cons: short lunch breaks and spread to thin for not enough pay
Decent place to work. Just as many other school divisions, they are constantly in transition. Overall, it is a great place to work and the administration "means well" and try to do whats best for its students and community members.
OK place to work
Volunteer Coordinator and Substitute Teacher/Tutor (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAApril 11, 2013
Pros: flexable
Cons: didnt have a office space of my own
I was grant funded, so a lot of the perks, I didnt recieve. Ienjoyed the children that I worked with as well as the communit partners.
You have to love children
Instructional Assistant/ Teaching Aide (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: salaried with 20 or 24 month pay, and summers off
Cons: job security
I love working with children it is a great passion of mine. Charlottesville City Schools gave me a opportunity to work with children from all works of life as well as children with emotional, mental, and physical handicaps. I love working for this school system . As a teaching assistant working one on one with severe profound students I learned a great deal of ABA, IEP, and functional skills. I learned about picture schedules and received a enormous amount of training.
Progressive, strives to excel in educating all students.
Teacher (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAMarch 18, 2012
Progressive district. Strive to reach all students. Provide ongoing professional development. Competitive pay. Decent benefits. Stress importance of 21st Century Skills and technology in classrooms.