Charlton Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place for a new CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 7, 2018
I was a CNA there and it was my first time in a hospital setting. I learned a lot of skills that has help me until this day even though I no longer work with my CNA certificate, I am able to help others in my community with the skills that I learned there
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
short breaks
I liked it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 5, 2018
I left due to favoritism, but overall enjoyed my time working with this company. Staff is great, some managers care more than others. Lay offs were done kind of often, maybe every other year.
Pros
good staff
Cons
favoritism
Good first job as a staff nurse.
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 22, 2017
Staff members were helpful in training me as a new graduate. Position provided the start of a successful nursing career. At the time when I left there were talks of staff reduction (1986) and I was low man in the totem pole
Pros
Good start for a new graduate
Cons
I wanted to get into the field of women's health and at the time no positions existed. 15
Good place to get your foot in the door
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 18, 2017
Charlton is a great place to get your foot in the door with any department. There are many opportunities to move up and eventually get the career of your choice.
great place to work
Rehab) (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 2, 2017
Great place to work. People are friendly and very welcoming. Staff is great and always willing to help you out. I would definitely continue working here if I did not have to relocate..
Fast paced environment
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAOctober 19, 2017
I work on a busy floor and learn something new every shift. I love the opportunity to keep learning and building upon my skill set. The best 2 things about my job are my coworkers and having time to spend with patients above and beyond time required to perform necessary tasks. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the knowledge or support to handle a situation you have not encountered before. Part of this is due to working to an off shift. Overall working at CMH is a positive experience.
Pros
Always learning new skills or building upon existing skills
Very busy ER
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 24, 2017
Charlton ER is a very busy place. I work second shift which is the most difficult and busy by far. ITs always go, go, go from the second you start your shift till the end of your shift. You never know what is going to come thru the door. From a trauma, to a cardiac arrest or a simple cut. Its always an exciting atmosphere to be in.
Closed Down, No management
General (Former Employee) –  Folkston, GAAugust 15, 2017
They hired friends and family and ran it into the ground. It went bankrupt and closed down. Now the community has no hospital. The next closest hospitals are over 30 minutes away.
Great teamwork and management support.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 20, 2017
This is the best company I have ever worked due to three things: management support, great teamwork, and good benefits. The residency program gave me a change to rotate to different departments and gave me a better idea of what unit I wanted to work on based my experience. I also loved the extra training and support through monthly meetings after the residency. Workplace culture was positive, fostered education, and encourage a team approach to care. Nurses and CNAs all helped each other, no matter if it was their assigned patients or not. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with an amazing and caring team of people. The hardest part of this job was leaving due to moving out of state. I truly loved working for Southcoast Hospital Group at Charlton Memorial Hospital.
Pros
Supportive management, great teamwork, benefits, educational opportunities
Cons
None.
Great company to work for.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 9, 2017
Between the staff, management, and benefits, Charlton Lab is a pretty great place to work. It's a fast paced environment and a great place to master your skill in phlebotomy since you'll be working with patients as young as infants to geriatric.

Want to know more about Charlton Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
productive
Health Unit Coordinator / Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 10, 2017
Good first time hands on learning experience in the health field for someone interested in starting the health field. Department I worked in specifically taught me that every day is a different day with lots to learn and experience. I learned a lot for example computer system, medical terminology, and for someone new working in a hospital setting, what that experience was like.
Busy but great place to learn new skills.
HUC (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 2, 2016
I worked on a cardiovascular unit. The hours were great and the management was awesome but nurses were immature. It was like working in a high school. They were very clickie and left you out if they didn't approve of you. Not sure they had concept of team player.
Pros
Hours and pay was good.
Cons
Immature staff.
charlton hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Medical OncologyJune 29, 2016
In the past, Charlton Hospital has been a nice place to work. It had provided me with a good work environment and cared about it's patients.
Needs a change in management
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Loved working here at first. Came to see not able to advance my career, no pay raise in over 2 years and new mangers are needed. Moral right now at all time low.
Pros
Sift differencials
Cons
Too many to type
Very immature staff
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MassachusettsOctober 13, 2015
They will bad mouth you until management takes their word and fires you. Its like a high school at this hospital, too much gossip, you would think the staff needs some medical attention.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
They act like they're in high school, "he did this, he did that!"
Great hospital environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 27, 2015
Normal amount of large company politics, environment that allows utilization of skills combined with peer support, strong patient centered approach to care.
Dependable work
BILLING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 10, 2015
Simple data entry and entering patient and billing information and preparation of billing with proper coding. Very sedentary job with very little interaction and the pay scale wasn't satisfactory. A very reliable place for employment though and I had just began working in the clerical field and needed experience.
Pros
Reliable place for employment
Cons
An entry level position with lower scale pay
Very caring place to work
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 1, 2015
While working at the job, I noticed that my peers really put effort into caring for and helping the patients that stayed there. This is one of the reason why I also did my best to keep everyone satisfied.
Pros
Friendly patients
Cons
Traffic while getting to work
excellent facility to work at, great team work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 19, 2015
I worked at the hospital on the surgical floor for a year and a half. A typical day starts by coming on shift and receiving report on your patients, between 8-13 per aide. Every on coming shift does bedside report and introduces themselves to their patients. performing hygiene to patients who need assistance. also setting up meal trays for patients who need assistance. co workers were always a huge help and we always worked as a team. learned how to care for orthopedic patients and proper physical therapy.
Good Hospital
Telemetry Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 16, 2014
Staff was great. Working nights and being a traveler I did not deal with management, but the staff seemed happy.