Charlton Memorial Hospital

Charlton Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Good Hospital
Telemetry Travel Nurse (Former Employee), Fall River, MASeptember 16, 2014
Staff was great. Working nights and being a traveler I did not deal with management, but the staff seemed happy.
Great hospital with wonderful staff. Excellent patient care services.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Fall River, MAJune 29, 2014
Charlton Memorial Hospital delivers excellent care to all patients. The staff works well together, and management is reliable and helpful. Nursing is very rewarding, and there are always ways to improve on education and skills. The hardest part of being a nurse are the hardships we endure, such as a still born infant, a patient who needs to be transferred to another facility because of a life or death situation, etc. However, the most enjoyable part of being a nurse is making a difference in our patients' lives.
The job in itself is not bad
Linen Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Fall River, MAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great people to work with as far as coworkers
Cons: management
The job in itself is not the bad. Its the management who poorly runs the department and makes it more difficult for the workers to efficiently get their job done.
A great place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJanuary 27, 2014
Everyday I would read the recipes of the day, prepare my foods and cook. Served the line and rotated foods and stock. Clean and sanitize work stations. This job is where I learned most of my cooking knowledge. An enjoyable job, co-workers and management were great.
Large City Hospital
Diet Office Specialist (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: good group of people, good pay
Cons: management seems out of touch
Charlton Memorial Hospital is a large city hospital and it shows; it's busy and you rarely see different people. You usually see the same people everyday because of how the shifts work and how many people work there. In my former position there was no room for advancement in my situation and so I ended up leaving for a better opportunity elsewhere. The culture there is pretty cut-throat at times with people vying with each other for higher position and usually there being a bad blood between the two or three people if one of them gets it over the others. The management seems very out of touch with their staff in all of the departments which I'm assuming is because of how big the hospital is. In general it's not a bad place to work, it just has some things that need to be worked out.
Go to patients homes and teach them how to take care of there sickness
CRTT (Former Employee), Fall River, MASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: work on your own
Cons: travel to many miles per mounth
Teach patient how to use equipment needed to care for them.
learn more about each person and teach them the best way to care for them self.
Evaluate each patient.
great place to work
Med/surg full time staff nurse (Former Employee), Folkston, GASeptember 12, 2013
worked well with my schedule, quiet calm place to work, not very stressful environment,
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Fall River, MAAugust 30, 2013
I worked on different units all over the hospital, enjoyed working for this company
Challenging and Good Experience
Assistant Accountant/Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Folkston, GeorgiaJune 1, 2013
Enjoyed maintaining Accounts Payable procedures and all Payroll procedures. Also worked as the Human Resources Manager and maintained all employee files as well as reporting.
Best Workplace I ever encountered
THERAPEUTIC ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Fall River, MAMay 23, 2013
Loved everything about this hospital. great pay, benefits and hours
great starting location for local RN's
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Fall River, MAMay 5, 2013
a great place to start working, not rewarded as much as other hospitals for BSN vs RN degree, does not support advancement as an organization as much as I would expect with local universities near by
CNA Surgical Tech
Rehabilitation Associate / CNA (Former Employee), Fall River, MADecember 2, 2012
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: i moved
Assist 6 Nurses and any Doctors on the unit. All care for 13 patients
Great quality care was given to everbody. Being very proficiant.
Great Job
Accounting/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJuly 5, 2012
Pros: the hrs were great.
Very busy at all times. I learned alot working with children and their parents.My boss was great. My co-workers were awesome. The hardest part was dealing with all the different personalities and issues each child had.Loved working with children
productive & great work place
Medical records (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJune 7, 2012
Pros: great communication between employees
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be greeted at the office, hands on help working as a team, co-workers were friendly, easy outgoing. the hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the day would be filing records together.
Small hospital with patient care focus
RN II, CCU (Former Employee), Fall River, MAApril 23, 2012
I enjoyed my time at Charlton and appreciated the friendly environment.
Limited Empolyer
Technician (Current Employee), Fall River, MAMarch 30, 2012
Pros: ok benefits
Cons: hiring practice, advancement
This Employer has great advancement and education opportunities for certain people. The department that I work for has hired outside of the company for a postion that could have been filled from inside, but opted to hire a mangers son.
pleasant and clean environment
CNA (Former Employee), Fall River, MAFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: secure job
Enjoyed working at Charlton Memorial Hospital.
Enjoyed doing team work.
And everyone was very pleasant to talk and to work with.
Great Team of Healthcare providers
Collegiate Nurse Intern (Former Employee), Heart/Lung UnitFebruary 3, 2012
Pros: i lived close to the hospital and walked to work, . i was a collegiate nurse intern position, which was rare at the time, but because i was a student nurse, the hospital gave me that position.
Cons: it would have been good educationally for me, to have been able to work on other units too, . i worked on a heart and lung unit..
This was long ago, but I still remember the excellent camaraderie and professional support at the time.

About Charlton Memorial Hospital

When you feel more than a little physically washed up, get to one of the Southcoast Hospitals Group facilities. The not-for-profit┬ácompany – Read more