Charlton Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

It's bad when a hospital closes down
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Folkston, GASeptember 21, 2016
No management what-so-ever, and financial mis-mangement shut this hospital down. People got jobs because they knew someone who worked there, not because of their skills, which led to mis-management of funds, bankruptcy, and the shut down of this community's hospital. The next closest hospitals are 30+ minutes away, which means some critically ill patients will not make it in transit.
Pros
close to where I was living
Cons
everything
Busy but great place to learn new skills.
HUC (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 2, 2016
I worked on a cardiovascular unit. The hours were great and the management was awesome but nurses were immature. It was like working in a high school. They were very clickie and left you out if they didn't approve of you. Not sure they had concept of team player.
Pros
Hours and pay was good.
Cons
Immature staff.
charlton hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Medical OncologyJune 29, 2016
In the past, Charlton Hospital has been a nice place to work. It had provided me with a good work environment and cared about it's patients.
Needs a change in management
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Loved working here at first. Came to see not able to advance my career, no pay raise in over 2 years and new mangers are needed. Moral right now at all time low.
Pros
Sift differencials
Cons
Too many to type
Very immature staff
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MassachusettsOctober 13, 2015
They will bad mouth you until management takes their word and fires you. Its like a high school at this hospital, too much gossip, you would think the staff needs some medical attention.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
They act like they're in high school, "he did this, he did that!"
Great hospital environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 27, 2015
Normal amount of large company politics, environment that allows utilization of skills combined with peer support, strong patient centered approach to care.
Dependable work
BILLING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 10, 2015
Simple data entry and entering patient and billing information and preparation of billing with proper coding. Very sedentary job with very little interaction and the pay scale wasn't satisfactory. A very reliable place for employment though and I had just began working in the clerical field and needed experience.
Pros
Reliable place for employment
Cons
An entry level position with lower scale pay
Very caring place to work
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 1, 2015
While working at the job, I noticed that my peers really put effort into caring for and helping the patients that stayed there. This is one of the reason why I also did my best to keep everyone satisfied.
Pros
Friendly patients
Cons
Traffic while getting to work
excellent facility to work at, great team work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 19, 2015
I worked at the hospital on the surgical floor for a year and a half. A typical day starts by coming on shift and receiving report on your patients, between 8-13 per aide. Every on coming shift does bedside report and introduces themselves to their patients. performing hygiene to patients who need assistance. also setting up meal trays for patients who need assistance. co workers were always a huge help and we always worked as a team. learned how to care for orthopedic patients and proper physical therapy.
Good Hospital
Telemetry Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 16, 2014
Staff was great. Working nights and being a traveler I did not deal with management, but the staff seemed happy.
Great hospital with wonderful staff. Excellent patient care services.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 29, 2014
Charlton Memorial Hospital delivers excellent care to all patients. The staff works well together, and management is reliable and helpful. Nursing is very rewarding, and there are always ways to improve on education and skills. The hardest part of being a nurse are the hardships we endure, such as a still born infant, a patient who needs to be transferred to another facility because of a life or death situation, etc. However, the most enjoyable part of being a nurse is making a difference in our patients' lives.
The job in itself is not bad
Linen Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 26, 2014
The job in itself is not the bad. Its the management who poorly runs the department and makes it more difficult for the workers to efficiently get their job done.
Pros
great people to work with as far as coworkers
A great place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 27, 2014
Everyday I would read the recipes of the day, prepare my foods and cook. Served the line and rotated foods and stock. Clean and sanitize work stations. This job is where I learned most of my cooking knowledge. An enjoyable job, co-workers and management were great.
Large City Hospital
Diet Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 19, 2014
Charlton Memorial Hospital is a large city hospital and it shows; it's busy and you rarely see different people. You usually see the same people everyday because of how the shifts work and how many people work there. In my former position there was no room for advancement in my situation and so I ended up leaving for a better opportunity elsewhere. The culture there is pretty cut-throat at times with people vying with each other for higher position and usually there being a bad blood between the two or three people if one of them gets it over the others. The management seems very out of touch with their staff in all of the departments which I'm assuming is because of how big the hospital is. In general it's not a bad place to work, it just has some things that need to be worked out.
Pros
good group of people, good pay
Cons
management seems out of touch
Go to patients homes and teach them how to take care of there sickness
CRTT (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 27, 2013
Teach patient how to use equipment needed to care for them.
learn more about each person and teach them the best way to care for them self.
Evaluate each patient.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
travel to many miles per mounth
great place to work
Med/surg full time staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Folkston, GASeptember 12, 2013
worked well with my schedule, quiet calm place to work, not very stressful environment,
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 30, 2013
I worked on different units all over the hospital, enjoyed working for this company
Challenging and Good Experience
Assistant Accountant/Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Folkston, GeorgiaJune 1, 2013
Enjoyed maintaining Accounts Payable procedures and all Payroll procedures. Also worked as the Human Resources Manager and maintained all employee files as well as reporting.
Best Workplace I ever encountered
THERAPEUTIC ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 23, 2013
Loved everything about this hospital. great pay, benefits and hours
great starting location for local RN's
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 5, 2013
a great place to start working, not rewarded as much as other hospitals for BSN vs RN degree, does not support advancement as an organization as much as I would expect with local universities near by

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlton Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2